Options

Lauren Silverman chooses Simon over her son

maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
Forum Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2508410/MoS-DIARY-Cowells-girlfriend-Lauren-Silverman-awful-holiday-choice--son-Simon.html

Simon has not to have any contact with her son until at least January 2014 so she has to make a choice who she spends Christmas with, Simon or her son. She chose Simon! I think Simon should insist she spends Christmas with her son, selfish bint! :mad:

Comments

• Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, that should be no contest :mad: I don't think she's genuine about Cowell any more than he's genuine about her but she's making sure that none of the other 'harem' step into her shoes isn't she? What a b!tch, her son might never forgive her for this.

Mind you, why couldn't HE change his plans for one year? Stay somewhere close to her so that she could spend Christmas and the holiday season with her son but still fit in visits to him? If he cared that much he would.

These two really leave a bad taste in my mouth :mad:
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Did the powers that be get the article removed:confused:
    Click on the link & it's all about Harry Potter giving up the **** but all the comments are about Simon & Cruella abandoning her child at christmas.
  • Options
    CpCCpC Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    It's January of 2015 he can't be anywhere near him. Three strikes and she loses custody.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,118
    Forum Member
    All mention of the holiday season has gone, but last week it was reported she'd spend Xmas with her son and be joining Cowell on a yacht for the New Year celebrations....imagine Cowell alone at Christmas surrounded by seamen bobbing up and down on a creast of a wave scouting for talent. It's a hard life.
    Revealed: Simon Cowell 'must stay away from Lauren Silverman's son for one year or she'll be fined $50k as part of divorce settlement'

As far as child support, Andrew is paying his socialite ex only $3,000 a month. The site speculates that 'Simon will become the cash cow.' The British TV personality is reportedly worth $370m.

Finally, Lauren and Andrew altered the the cause of divorce from adultery to 'broken down irretrievably.'
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, the bit about Christmas is gone? :rolleyes:

I just can't warm to this woman at all.

Reading about those figures above, Mr Silverman seems to have done well out of this divorce financially.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this whole saga very grubby. I don't like Simon and I don't like what I've seen of this woman either, they deserve each other basically.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find this whole saga very grubby. I don't like Simon and I don't like what I've seen of this woman either, they deserve each other basically.

BUT isn't the ex being a bit childish in using his child as a bartering tool! Makes my blood boil when exes behave like this yet not one person in this thread has mentioned it.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree. Two grubby, sleazy, shallow, vapid people. A good match. Shame there are kids involved.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Did the powers that be get the article removed:confused:
    Click on the link & it's all about Harry Potter giving up the **** but all the comments are about Simon & Cruella abandoning her child at christmas.

Yeah, very strange. Even the link has his name in it. It does look like they asked for it to be removed quickly.
  • Options
    strawberry66strawberry66 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just posted another link .. but immediately the link stopped working... oh well...
  • Options
    lizmlizm Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    BUT isn't the ex being a bit childish in using his child as a bartering tool! Makes my blood boil when exes behave like this yet not one person in this thread has mentioned it.

Maybe.... betrayal does that to people
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did wonder this myself. However, It says the child is never to refer to Simon as Dad but further down it does mention that Lauren has the exact same clause about women her ex husband dates not being referred to as 'mum' too, so maybe he's not allowed to introduce his girlfriends either? It sounds like it goes both ways to me.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Agree. Two grubby, sleazy, shallow, vapid people. A good match. Shame there are kids involved.

Indeed.

Simon is a horrible person and I'm surprised how many people are still taken in by him.
  • Options
    Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed.

Simon is a horrible person and I'm surprised how many people are still taken in by him.

Agreed. :)

My husband has an especial loathing for him, and after Ms Bowlegs Price, he's one of my own biggest showbiz bugbears.

Still, after what's come out about the ex Mrs Silverman, I think they're made for one another.
  • Options
    violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    All mention of the holiday season has gone, but last week it was reported she'd spend Xmas with her son and be joining Cowell on a yacht for the New Year celebrations....imagine Cowell alone at Christmas surrounded by seamen bobbing up and down on a creast of a wave scouting for talent. It's a hard life.

Don't you mean semen lol
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=twingle;69813449]BUT isn't the ex being a bit childish in using his child as a bartering tool! Makes my blood boil when exes behave like this yet not one person in this thread has mentioned it.[/QUOTE]

well i'm mentioning it :D Not that i believe everything that is written in the papers about the happy couple. I also believe we will never know the real situation but if Simon is the daddy then he needs to make a bond with Silvermans son not stay away from him as he is going to be his childs half brother.
    Also , Silverman AND her husband were never slow to dump the kid on a nanny or family members while they went for a jolly on Simons love boat
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the clause might have come from a standpoint of bitterness but actually from a child's point of view is actually very sensible, I am more concerned about how children feel and interpret their parents introducing 'simon - mummys friend' soon after their parents split up with all the implied dynamics

I think divorced or separated parents have a responsiblity not to introduce new 'friends' to their children until a substantial period after the split, their child is grieving and needs time to process the loss of their parents relationship
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    the clause might have come from a standpoint of bitterness but actually from a child's point of view is actually very sensible, I am more concerned about how children feel and interpret their parents introducing 'simon - mummys friend' soon after their parents split up with all the implied dynamics

I think divorced or separated parents have a responsiblity not to introduce new 'friends' to their children until a substantial period after the split, their child is grieving and needs time to process the loss of their parents relationship

The poor lad will probably be asking where his mum is at a time when families should be together and feeling rejected though, so which is worse?

With parents and a stepdaddy like his goodness knows how he'll turn out. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The poor lad will probably be asking where his mum is at a time when families should be together and feeling rejected though, so which is worse?

With parents and a stepdaddy like his goodness knows how he'll turn out. :(

I dont think I said anywhere that she should choose to be away from her son at Christmas, that is a choice she chose to make to meet her own needs.

I merely said that clauses like this about new partners not being introduced to children after divorce are actually in the child's best interest.

I assume most mothers would choose to act in accordance with this and prioritise the child. That hasnt happened in this case.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I did wonder this myself. However, It says the child is never to refer to Simon as Dad but further down it does mention that Lauren has the exact same clause about women her ex husband dates not being referred to as 'mum' too, so maybe he's not allowed to introduce his girlfriends either? It sounds like it goes both ways to me.

It's understandable that the child has been told not to refer to Simon as dad and the girlfriends of their dad as mum. It's not really fair on the biological parents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    It's understandable that the child has been told not to refer to Simon as dad and the girlfriends of their dad as mum. It's not really fair on the biological parents.

Actually the clauses themselves show just how bad their relationship is. Any civilised divorcing people will not need this to be put in writing . All children hate their parents divorcing and this kid will be no exception but clauses in divorce papers is not the answer. The parents need to be united that they both love the child and the child's needs comes first.

But as someone further up mentioned there is going to be a baby who will be a half sibling to this child. So not only are his parents divorcing but all of a sudden there will be a new baby usurping him. Yes that is how this child will see it. Just all wrong no matter how you look at it. Lucky there is plenty of dosh to pay for a future therapist!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think I said anywhere that she should choose to be away from her son at Christmas, that is a choice she chose to make to meet her own needs.

I merely said that clauses like this about new partners not being introduced to children after divorce are actually in the child's best interest.

I assume most mothers would choose to act in accordance with this and prioritise the child. That hasnt happened in this case.

I didn't say you did.

He will have to meet Cowell at sometime, but this just looks like both of the Silvermans are choosing to be downright awkward.

One point. Why does she keep up her married name when there appears to be so much bad blood between them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Normally I would agree with you but not when there is a new baby on the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I would agree with you but not when there is a new baby on the way.

Agreed, the adults in this case have acted thoughtlessly, so now we have a child who HAS to accept a new family member and the new adult father of that family member before he is ready to. Well done mum.