Humax PVR

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
Forum Member
My Humax PVR 9300T which is less than a year old keeps trying to load but then stops and starts again trying to load. In between it just shows the words PVR 9300T. I have tried shutting it off for a couple of hours but it goes back to this loop of trying to load, stopping and trying to load again. I can't get to see the menu or anything.

Comments

• wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    Strange 52 views and no replies.

Try...

Power Off at mains.

Remove aerial connection.

Power ON at the mains.

Out of Stand by and if menu appears.... Default Reset.

Power Off

Connect Aerial

Power On

Out of Stand by .... Default Reset or Manual Tune.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wgmorg wrote: »
    Strange 52 views and no replies.

Try...

Power Off at mains.

Remove aerial connection.

Power ON at the mains.

Out of Stand by and if menu appears.... Default Reset.

Power Off

Connect Aerial

Power On

Out of Stand by .... Default Reset or Manual Tune.

A lot of STB/PVRs do not store all changes until they are placed in stand-by.

As the Humax forgets which channel it was last on if it just powered off I take the view that there may be other settings that are also other settings that are not saved if a power off is done without first putting it into stand-by.

I therefore always "Power off" from stand-by, just in case.
    Forum Member
    That's why Power Off was specified ... only after the final scan there might be a chance normal service is resumed.... :D
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    I therefore always "Power off" from stand-by, just in case.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wgmorg wrote: »
    That's why Power Off was specified ... only after the final scan there might be a chance normal service is resumed.... :D
    I was reading "power off" as literally switching off the power supply, either by the switch at the back or unplugging.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    wgmorg, thank you very much. It is back to normal now and I am very grateful. Pamela
    Forum Member
    I'm happy you've regained control ... :D
    wgmorg, thank you very much. It is back to normal now and I am very grateful. Pamela
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    I was reading "power off" as literally switching off the power supply, either by the switch at the back or unplugging.
    Since in the procedure outlined above, power off was to be soon followed by "defaults setting", shutting down the PVR by standby was unnecessary, any settings stored by doing so would be wiped.;)
    Forum Member
    Which was why Power Off was specified... :)
    nvingo wrote: »
    Since in the procedure outlined above, power off was to be soon followed by "defaults setting", shutting down the PVR by standby was unnecessary, any settings stored by doing so would be wiped.;)