Options

30 Sept re-tune

Comments

• Options
    Lunatic DreyfusLunatic Dreyfus Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The retune has made a right mess of my 9300T's EPG. :(

Once I get in to the higher numbers the channel order goes out the window. I also have several variants of ITV, two ITV 4's and one or two Unknowns.... I guess I'll have to do a more thorough cleaning out and then try again.

Welcome to the Digital Future... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Manic MinerManic Miner Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, have to go through "default settings" and Five should be on 5. I can see a lot of folk having problems actually and not knowing they ain't got five or itv4 for long time. Also on humax you will have to re-schedule your timed recordings.
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed in previous retunes is sometimes you get the new channels on the correct channel numbers but the order of the channels in the EPG seem wrong, but this is fixable by just putting the Humax in standby and then turning it back on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Anyone else noticed that ITV2+1 shows up as ITV (not ITV1 which is also there) or is it just my transmitter?
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    esseff wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed that ITV2+1 shows up as ITV (not ITV1 which is also there) or is it just my transmitter?

Ive got this too and a blank channel 27 which I think was ITV2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I did the following for the retune
    1. deleted all the radio & tv channels as scanning for new channels will add to this list rather than replacing it and so may create duplicates - this has a side effect of clearing the scheduled recording list as well
    2. auto searched all channels and saved them
    3. turned the box off to clear the current EPG - I also power cycled the box but this probably wasn't necessary
    4. turned the box on and let the EPG populate
    5. recreated my favourites groups
    6. recreated my scheduled recording list from the EPG
    7. deleted the TOPUPTV channels along with QVC, BID yadda yadda - I never watch them, they add to EPG population time and they get searched when I'm looking for programmes

didn't have any problems apart from remembering what my scheduled records were

post rescan I've found the following

channel 27 which was the original ITV2+1 is still picked up so I deleted it
    ITV2+1 is described as ITV and is on channel 33
    blow me if Quest isn't transmitting TV programmes, they haven't managed an EPG yet though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I have 800 ITV3 and 801 ITV4 how do I change them to the correct channels ? Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    banjo12 wrote: »
    I have 800 ITV3 and 801 ITV4 how do I change them to the correct channels ? Thanks
    is that as well as ch10 - ITV3 & ch24 - ITV4 or instead of these channels ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well all my units except the Humax was able to cope with the retune but the Humax started playing about.
    shifted channel 5 to number 803

I was forced to do a ' default reset '.........

The Humax took longer than all the units put together.....

Many thanks for supplying the info on the whereabouts of CH5 as I was one that couldnt find it on my 9200, albeit that my other Vestel chassis PVR'S (Hitachi & Sharp) had no problems whatsoever in carrying out the retune with the minimum of fuss.

However as my favourite recording from channel ITV3 has now been relegated to MUX D which I cannot receive from Waltham! a FoxSat HDR Freesat is now being considered as a priority purchase.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WPP wrote: »
    is that as well as ch10 - ITV3 & ch24 - ITV4 or instead of these channels ?

Yes you are right, these channels are missing from the correct line up :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes you are right, these channels are missing from the correct line up :confused:
    well if you've retuned your box I'd say those are the correct channels
  • Options
    Forum Member

But I thought I should have no channels in the 800 range I didn't before
  • Options
    Forum Member

But I thought I should have no channels in the 800 range I didn't before ? and 10 and 24 are not showing any programmes in the epg they are blank :confused:
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I thought I should have no channels in the 800 range I didn't before ?

You are correct you should not have channels in the 800's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But I thought I should have no channels in the 800 range I didn't before ? and 10 and 24 are not showing any programmes in the epg they are blank :confused:

Could someone tell me how to fix this problem please.
  • Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well all my units except the Humax was able to cope with the retune but the Humax started playing about.
    shifted channel 5 to number 803

So I was forced to do a ' default reset ' which wipes the memory but it also wipes the schedules and your favourites so everything has to be reset after it pulls in the new channels but this time they are in the correct order.
    All you needed to do was to delete Five, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1 and Big Deal, and anything in the 800s, then rescan.

Only these channels are affected in the favourites lists and reservations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could someone tell me how to fix this problem please.

Just delete ITV3 and ITV4 and 800 and 801 and do a re-scan and you should find that works, did for me anyway....good luck!
  • Options
    comicsansserifcomicsansserif Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I wonder if we'd be expected to 'retune' our gas cooker, vacuum cleaner or squeaky door hinge on a 1998 Ford Mondeo?

You'd think the techie people who invented Freeview would build in this 'retune' stuff so it would do it on the fly. Not very smart people.

It's going to leave lots of people scratching their heads.
    There was a box that could do this very well - the Pace 210t Free to air receiver. We had one of these until it developed a fault about a year ago. My brother still has one and has never needed to retune it yet, although I don't yet know how it's handled this one. I presume it should be OK since none of the MUX broadcast channels have changed. That's probably the only thing it can't do.

Unfortunately this box will be useless post digital switchover in our area.
  • Options
    Reiver97Reiver97 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just rescanned in Glasgow. On Channel 89 got NEWS - blank screen and empty EPG. Never seen it there before.
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blow me if Quest isn't transmitting TV programmes, they haven't managed an EPG yet though

As Quest has been showing in my epg for a non-humax PVR I have which does not use the freeeview epg but the Inview 14 day alternative I would expect that something could be sorted out for freeview soon. (Inview have only just sorted out the epg for 301 and 302 which the 7 day freeview epg has had for over a year.)

Flag ship sounding series like 'Night' and 'Industrial Junkie' are repeated at the weekend so IMO you wont miss much if the epg does get populated by the weekend and you wait till then to set up your schedule.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jamesp147 wrote: »
    Just delete ITV3 and ITV4 and 800 and 801 and do a re-scan and you should find that works, did for me anyway....good luck!
    Thank you all for your help but I had to do a full full reset and then retune for the channels all to appear ok with no 800 channels showing :)
  • Options
    VanillaPodVanillaPod Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I just retuned (Crystal Palace) and now I've lost the whole of mux 2. :confused: There is only one 800 channel, actually channel 800, which says to re-scan for the new Five. Hmmmm.
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Demian wrote: »
    There's absolutely no need to "reset to defaults" (which is getting to be the Humax equivalent to "switch it off and switch it on again.") :D

Just do an auto rescan and see what you have. If any of the affected channels (Five, ITV+1, ITV3, ITV4) aren't where they are supposed to be, or you have any channels in the 800s, delete the affected channels (and the 800s) and rescan. If you are in an area where you can receive from more than one station you may need to do manual scans on the individual multiplexes, but you should know if this is necessary after previous scans.

You may need to reset some of the programme reservations.

Why not just keep it simple and delete all the existing channels before doing the re-scan rather than faff about???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did the following for the retune
    1. deleted all the radio & tv channels as scanning for new channels will add to this list rather than replacing it and so may create duplicates - this has a side effect of clearing the scheduled recording list as well
    2. auto searched all channels and saved them
    3. turned the box off to clear the current EPG - I also power cycled the box but this probably wasn't necessary
    4. turned the box on and let the EPG populate
    5. recreated my favourites groups
    6. recreated my scheduled recording list from the EPG
    7. deleted the TOPUPTV channels along with QVC, BID yadda yadda - I never watch them, they add to EPG population time and they get searched when I'm looking for programmes

didn't have any problems apart from remembering what my scheduled records were

post rescan I've found the following

channel 27 which was the original ITV2+1 is still picked up so I deleted it
    ITV2+1 is described as ITV and is on channel 33

thanks for that, worked beautifully after me just doing an auto rescan and ending up with a mess of channels lol. silly me for thinking it would be that simple! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    now I'm getting the Quest EPG as well

just the mislabelled ITV2+1for them to sort and it's done not sure if I'll need to rescan to pick the new label up when they sort it I seem to remember another channel was mislabelled ages ago and I think it sorted itself out without a rescan

I'll leave it and see what happens, I know what it is anyway