Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    Nicest Ive met is Russell Crowe - who everyone expects to be a grumpy and aggressive knob and was actually charming, funny and drop dead handsome ;) .

Most celebs Ive ever met have been lovely, with the exception of...

Esther Rantzen - did a film shoot based where I was working once. Sat with a face like a sucked lemon the entire time. Spoke to no-one not even the crew! Someone just prodded her when she was due on air!

Bob Geldof - trod on my toe at a Frankie Goes To Hollywood (showin my age :D) gig back in the 80s and never apologised - hated the man ever since :D .

Prince Charles - looked at everyone like we were peasants (which we probably are to him). Didnt warm to him at all.

Dh saw a heavily pregnant Kate Thornton in our Asdas the other week and got a glare when he smiled at her!!
    Maybe kate thought he was flIrtIng or about to chat her up.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    This is so bizarre on so many levels! I'm assuming this isn't a wind-up post. Meeting the President and Prime Minister in supermarkets.

I saw Nigel Kennedy - the very talented violinist - in a Tescos a few months ago. Didn't approach him but he was talking to a female friend and he seemed similar to how he comes across on tv.

Once met ITN AfrIcan correspondent MartIn GIesller
    In Marks and Spencers. He was lovely to me and he was very handsome. he took the tIme to lIsten to me. Saw hIm years later and he was reportIng on Madonna's adoptIon for DavId In MalawI. He was so warm to the father when talkIng to hIm. Great Reporter btw.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    What's wrong with your i?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Richard Hammond again about a month ago at the Cheltenham Festival and he was lovely - staying to do a signing even though he had a flight to catch to go off on TG filming. Bloke in front of me got narky though because he was only signing his new book and wasnt posing for photo's - this was not because Hammond was being awkward it was due to time limitations - he didnt have to do the signing at all! We had a very brief chat and he was ever so sweet. He can occasionally be a mardy so-and-so though so I guess he wouldnt give the best impression if you caught him on one of his off days, and hey - we all have 'em!!

Justin Lee Collins though - saw him at Cheltenham too and he did a signing and he was chatting to everyone, asking them how they were and really making them feel at their ease. When he was told that they had to stop doing posed photos because of the time (it was about 11pm!) and the length of the queue he promised to stay on "until sunrise" if needed to make sure everyone who wanted a pic, got a pic. And when I mentioned to him I'd travelled up from Cornwall to see him, he gave me a hug and a kiss. Lovely, lovely bloke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Met a few celebs.
    Beyonce being the biggest and most recent, didn't stop for long but there were sh*t loads of people and paparazi. but did say a few words and signed for a few - lovely.
    Met Cliff Richard :D was nice.
    Fearn Cotton.... stuck up madam. worse one yet.
    Angelica tv presenter, lovely.
    Rowetta (Happy Mondays/Xfactor) best one i've met, completely down to earth, friendly, funny, acts like your mate not like a celeb!!
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fearn Cotton.... stuck up madam. worse one yet.

A friend of mine met her and said she was really nice. Maybe you got her on a bad day?
  • leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met, well nearly bumped into Prince Charles and he was lovely. He apologised even though it was my fault really for rushing along and not looking where I was going. Very charming man and had a lovely aura about him.
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie Boyle - really genuine guy, talked like he was doing an individual comedy routine for the crowd assembling to see him.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I wonder what we would think if everybody who met us judged us purely on how we acted on one occasion when we might have been having a really bad day and then posted it up on a forum just to let others know how horrible we really were!

That's no excuse.

If a celebrity is having a bad day, and a fan approaches them - you FIND TIME for that fan.

If it wasn't for the fans, half of these celebrities wouldn't be in the position there in today.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have met:

Roger Lloyd Pack (Trigger) and Paul Barber (Denzil) from only fools and horses, 2 lovely men, not cocky or up-themselves, they spent around 5-6 hours signing autographs and shaking hands. Roger shook my hand and wished me "all the best in life".

not so friendly celebs:
    I haven't actually met these celebs but a couple of stories I've been told:

I was having a pint at the bar once, and this bloke was sitting next to me, and he said that Michelle Collins (used to be Cindy from eastenders) was at a petrol station filling up her car, and he said "hi Michelle" and she wouldn't even acknowledge him.

also Ronnie Corbett (small guy from the 2 Ronnie's) apparently blanks all fans and fan-mail, and is utterly horrible. He is only nice when he's on camera.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Jimmy Carr last Friday after his show in Wolverhampton and he was really nice. There was a queue of at least 200 people to see him and he took the time after the gig to say hi and chat to all of them. It wasn't just "Hi, thanks for coming, next!" either, it was a proper conversation :)

I also met Rustie Lee when she did a book signing last November, and me and my friend had a half-hour long conversation with her because no one else was in the queue to talk to her. She was lovely as well, always making jokes and had a lovely laugh. I also apparently met her when I was 3 at the Safari Park, when me and my mom were in a queue for a ride and her and my mom started singing together. I don't remember that though :o
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have it on very good authority that Jessie Wallace (Kat Slater in Eastenders) is a complete cow. She was staying in the same hotel as my parents and was apparently up herself and rude and tried to get a member of the hotel's bar staff sacked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Lenny Henry came across as lovely when I went to see him in Othello and smiled and laughed at the member's of the audience giving him a standing ovations. Just had a lovely appearance :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    That's no excuse.

If a celebrity is having a bad day, and a fan approaches them - you FIND TIME for that fan.

If it wasn't for the fans, half of these celebrities wouldn't be in the position there in today.

But if you were a true fan you wouldn't approach someone whilst they were shopping in Tesco or out with their family. Living in London I see a few celebrities around but would never bother them if they were doing something unrelated to their work.

If you mean a backstage encounter(that sounds rude, but I don't know what else to call it) such as after a gig and the celebrity is rude then yes that is unacceptable because the fan has usually paid to come along and support them.
    Forum Member
    Braintree, I agree, but at the same time if I saw Philip Glenister in the street I really wouldn't be able to control myself :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Braintree, I agree, but at the same time if I saw Philip Glenister in the street I really wouldn't be able to control myself :o

Heh! I think I'd be the same with Reece Shearsmith:p

I remember seeing Damian Lewis in Argos(oh, the glamour) and feeling quite guilty because I made eye contact at the self-service machine(in a "That's Damian Lewis from TV" way) but really didn't think it was my place to be bothering(or staring at) him as he bought a chair(I just listened in on his conversations instead because that is much less intrusive :D)
    Forum Member
    Braintree wrote: »

I remember seeing Damian Lewis in Argos(oh, the glamour) and feeling quite guilty because I made eye contact at the self-service machine(in a "That's Damian Lewis from TV" way) but really didn't think it was my place to be bothering(or staring at) him as he bought a chair(I just listened in on his conversations instead because that is much less intrusive :D)

Lmao! :D I think you stayed very cool under the circumstances...went to London on a school trip on Sat and Robert Pattinson was over the road being papped by every papper in the city :D My friend and I simply squealed form over the road (it was dark and the paps were silhouetting him to see :D)...but we didn't go over, if that gets me any points? :o
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    Anthony Cotton told my mother he didn't ''do'' fans when she asked him for his autograph in the trafford centre last summer!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh I just remembered I met Paul Ross at an evening awards ceremony about 8 years ago and he was totally lovely. Very nice to everyone and extremely funny. I even sat on his knee
  • MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    I saw Nigel Kennedy - the very talented violinist - in a Tescos a few months ago.
    He was on my plane when I was going on holiday to California a few years ago. Like you, I didn't approach him though.

I had better luck in Los Angeles once, years ago, at Universal Studios. I'd taken the trip through the back lot and was in a corner of the theme park, near the Christmas shop (don't know if it's still there). It was lunchtime, and I was looking at the great view over the valley while eating a chicken sandwich and drinking a Sprite.

When I started looking around again, I noticed something strange. A few minutes ago this was a busy theme park, but now there was hardly anyone wandering around, and those few people were all in the distance.

What was going on? It turned out that they were doing a film shoot there for Fletch Lives, and had sealed off the area. Everyone else had been moved out, but for some reason I'd been missed. So I got to wander around, look at them setting up their cameras, saw Chevy Chase from a distance, exchanged a few words with Hal Holbrook, who seemed very friendly, and best of all, spent ages chatting with Julianne Philips, who was lovely in every way. I kept thinking I'd be thrown off the set at any moment, but no-one even asked me who I was, so I got to hang around for a couple of hours before I realised I'd seen everything there was to see, and moved on.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    That's no excuse.

Not sure I really agree with that. Yes sure, if they are at an official event, or are promoting their latest film, book, whatever - they certainly should be friendly and polite. But if they're not working, and are just trying to do their shopping or something...well, I just think that that's their private time, and I can understand them being less than happy about people coming up to them for autographs etc.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damian Lewis?? I'm jealous. Despite my previous post about celebrities privacy, I may not have been able to stop myself from leaping on him (I think he is just GORGEOUS):D
  • nina99nina99 Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mayogirl wrote: »
    I had the pleasure of meeting Andrew Buchan last year after seeing the play The Man Who Had All the Luck. He couldn't have been nicer. Very unlike John Mercer in the Fixer, very gentle, good humoured, open, unassuming and modest. I think he is a massive talent, but if he thinks that himself, he certainly doesn't act that way. I have followed his career since, and delighted to see him in Garrow's Law - and he's brilliant as Garrow

I am SOOO jealous of you meeting Andrew Buchan. I've become a big fan of his after seeing him in Garrow's Law and it's great to know that someone so talented (and sexy) is such a lovely person in real life. I only hope that all the success he is having doesn't spoil him but somehow I don't think it will. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I'm so pleased that he is beginning to get some credit/notice at last. You should check out Party Animals on dvd if you haven' already seen it....brilliant series, and Andy is terrific in it.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember seeing Damian Lewis in Argos (oh, the glamour) and feeling quite guilty because I made eye contact at the self-service machine(in a "That's Damian Lewis from TV" way) but really didn't think it was my place to be bothering(or staring at) him as he bought a chair(I just listened in on his conversations instead because that is much less intrusive :D)

Hee. I use to work in Soho and saw Damian quite often in the area. The first time I clocked him I must have made the same 'You're Damian Lewis!' expression because he kind of made a 'don't recognise me!!' face. I suppose it must be annoying to be approached randomly in the street - but then again it's his fault for being handsome and charming! :D