Options

Moments you realised "this housemate is brilliant!"

HeyBabyHeyBaby Posts: 5,318
Forum Member
What moments changed your opinion of a HM and made you realise just how great they were? As in, not a HM you've always held in high regard, but that one moment which turned them from a HM you quite liked, into your one of favourites from then onwards.

For me:

Aisleyne - Confronting Grace during watergate.

Rex - Standing up to Alex during the electro shock task and reducing her to tears. Good man.:cool:

Harry - Bananagate.:D

Mario - Spitgate. Liked him before that for his comedy value but he handled the situation excellently and was one of the few HMs to come out of it looking good.

Roberto - Tipping pasta over Maxwell's head and exposing the cheeky chappy always up for banter geezer as the petulant child he was.:D

Comments

• Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Michelle during the silent protest stealing the diary room camera and laughing at Stuart's hat getting burnt by BB.
    It showed a whole new hilariously mad side to her character.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephanie and Rachel, BB9 - Being the only two to defend Rebecca against Alex.
    Sunshine, BB11 - Comforting Govan after Rachael's eviction, despite the two not being friends.
    Hira, BB10 - Singing (badly) to Marcus while he was in the garden jail.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lydia was always great but her strop and flinging the knife in the sink when she overheard Becky & Sara discussing nominations was absolute gold! :D
  • Options
    HalkiHalki Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HeyBaby wrote: »
    What moments changed your opinion of a HM and made you realise just how great they were? As in, not a HM you've always held in high regard, but that one moment which turned them from a HM you quite liked, into your one of favourites from then onwards.

For me:

Rex - Standing up to Alex during the electro shock task and reducing her to tears. Good man.:cool:

Mario - Spitgate. Liked him before that for his comedy value but he handled the situation excellently and was one of the few HMs to come out of it looking good.

Roberto - Tipping pasta over Maxwell's head and exposing the cheeky chappy always up for banter geezer as the petulant child he was.:D

These were just great.

Harry and Bananagate was just the best for me, followed by Aisleyne confronting Grace. Epic.

I also loved Kat wailing about not wanting to lose any more of her friends ... Then being evicted. Class. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hira, BB10 - Singing (badly) to Marcus while he was in the garden jail.
    Awww. I really loved Hira. :D There was something just PERFECT about her sitting and singing so sweetly and so badly to a man who was locked in a cage and couldn't get away; and Marcus's slightly stiff-jawed, "thank you, that was very nice".
    Halki wrote: »
    I also loved Kat wailing about not wanting to lose any more of her friends ... Then being evicted. Class. :D

THat made you think Kat was great? You're not just saying you enjoyed sneering at her? :(

I would say Shabby's 'be nice to Ben' task was sheer brilliance from beginning to end. He hugging him for aaaaaaaaaaages, while he wriggled with extreme embarrassment crossed with a mild pleasure; then her 40 compliments, which ranged from "you've got great hair" to 'you're really good at eating jelly!" to "Who was the leader of the famous 5? Julian? You'd make a great Julian!" [Ben demurs] "Oh well, you'd make a great Dick then."

I wish we could have seen more of those two together, but shabby was a bit unravelled in the BB house and they didn't really hit it off at the time.

Who else? Rex - not always likeable, but always charismatic, overhearing Dale bitching about him from a distance of about three feet and pointing out that he was right there; always a pleasure to see Dale deflate.

Shell getting her degree result and mowing the lawn naked of course.
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as Jon Tickle started speaking I knew he would be a legend, his "I know how to talk to the women" speach was legendary. :D
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it's not single moments that make me like a HM, but rather how they are over a period of time. However there have been moments that have stimulated my original interest in a character.

When Aisleyne had her first conversation with Sezer and said "so, you bullied them out?", I thought her quite feisty and just knew she'd be involved in various dramas.

I was impressed by Rachel and Stephanie when they stuck up for Bex against Alexandra.
  • Options
    HalkiHalki Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

THat made you think Kat was great? You're not just saying you enjoyed sneering at her? :

No I wasn't. I am as entitled as anybody else here to contribute, and I don't appreciate such an uncalled for comment from you.
    I found your remark to be offensive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halki wrote: »
    [No I wasn't. I am as entitled as anybody else here to contribute, and I don't appreciate such an uncalled for comment from you.
    I found your remark to be offensive.

I wasn't trying to offend you. But Kat's exit from the house has been referenced hundreds of times on here as a moment when she looked an idiot. I have never seen anyone suggesting that she looked brilliant at that moment before.
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline eating her first eyeball and sniggering at Benedicts attempts to talk about masterbating, that school room scenario still makes me laugh. It was great to see Benedict frustrated in his efforts to enlighten the world, flouncing off in a huff.

Lots for Harry, banangate and when he won the chicken/popcorn task and also when he called Jay out over the food colouring and told him to f off.

Adam pouring fishslop over Arron.

Sam Pepper straight away, setting out to be as annoying as possible was like a breath of fresh air.

John James and his general aussie bluntness and having no interest in Rachel's posturing.

Alex and her spray tan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Alex (BB3) - Strop about urinating in a shower.
    Emma (BB5) - Arguing with Victor about walking on him whilst he was on the toilet.
    Michelle (BB5) - Confronting Ahmed several times during the Bootcamp Task.
    Kemal (BB6) - "At least someone got wet tonight".
    Science (BB6) - Throwing a bin at Maxwell.
    Vanessa (BB6) - Calling Saskia a "prostitute".
    Aisleyne (BB7) - Confronting Grace during "watergate".
    Nicky (BB8) - Organising the food.
    Stephanie (BB9) - Arguing with Mario.
    Rex (BB9) - Smudging Jennifer's painting.
    Sophia (BB10) - Confronting Saffia.
    Deana (BB13) - Arguing with Arron during the "Laughing" task.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was that?

Benedict's exit was brilliant imo - perhaps the best ever. He would never have lived up to the standard if he had stayed, so perhaps he went at the right time.
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    One that stood out for me was Ben kissing Davina on his way into the BB11 house, I just knew from that point he was going to be great entertainment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Vanessa BB6 - Not giving a **** about discussing nominations
    Emily BB8 - When she had Ziggy sussed out from the moment he came in
    Amy BB8 - The way she dealt with Carole and Liam was great. That was when I realised she was a decent girl!
    Stephanie BB9 - Being the only person to stick up for Rebecca when Alexandra was being horrid
    Karly BB10 - 'he washes his body wi' a brilla pad, a feel like sayin here pal, yer wantin to brush yer teeffff wi' a brilla pad'
    Sophie BB10 - When she was responsible for everyone finding out what a snake Lisa was.
    Caroline BB13 - The date with Chris was hilarious, but really didn't appreciate her epicness until she did the whole shopping task sabotage.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex (BB3) - Strop about urinating in a shower.
    Emma (BB5) - Arguing with Victor about walking on him whilst he was on the toilet.
    Michelle (BB5) - Confronting Ahmed several times during the Bootcamp Task.
    Kemal (BB6) - "At least someone got wet tonight".
    Science (BB6) - Throwing a bin at Maxwell.
    Vanessa (BB6) - Calling Saskia a "prostitute".
    Aisleyne (BB7) - Confronting Grace during "watergate".

Stephanie (BB9) - Arguing with Mario.
    Rex (BB9) - Smudging Jennifer's painting.
    Sophia (BB10) - Confronting Saffia.
    Deana (BB13) - Arguing with Arron during the "Laughing" task.

Agree with all of these. The bin throwing was so spontaneous. :D
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was that?

Benedict's exit was brilliant imo - perhaps the best ever. He would never have lived up to the standard if he had stayed, so perhaps he went at the right time.

Picking up a chair, "Luke, sorry about the curry" and does an awesome chair spin as the doors open. Loved it :p
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    HeyBaby wrote: »

For me:

I'm glad someone else appreicates Roberto, particularly for standing up to the jack the lad. Unfortunately he was voted out too early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agree about Aisleyne and watergate, I remember that's when I finally decided she was my fave that year.

Also Science, although even before the bin, when he became "Aaargh Captain Science!!!" in the pirate task for me he went from loudmouth irritant to OTT hilarious anti-hero.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna from Big Brother 1, just for being normal.

Still the best housemate hands down.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree about Aisleyne and watergate, I remember that's when I finally decided she was my fave that year.
    But Aisleyne shouting a few things from a distance isn't something that would normally be considered "confronting".

And were there really many people who waited that long before deciding that they thought Aisleyne was great? I suspect that, instead, most (at least) who saw that as a praiseworthy "confronting" already either liked Ash a lot or strongly disliked Grace.
    Also Science, although even before the bin, when he became "Aaargh Captain Science!!!" in the pirate task for me he went from loudmouth irritant to OTT hilarious anti-hero.

Though I thought Science was great, I don't quite "get" what people mean by an "anti-hero" in BB. I don't think of Science as an anti-hero.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanessa BB6 - Not giving a **** about discussing nominations
    Do you mean the time when BB punished her by putting them all up?
    Emily BB8 - When she had Ziggy sussed out from the moment he came in

I think that was more the other way around. He had her sussed.
    Sophie BB10 - When she was responsible for everyone finding out what a snake Lisa was.
    I don't know what that refers to. (I did like Sophie though.)
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Makosi entered the house, I knew she would be one to watch. And she was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    But Aisleyne shouting a few things from a distance isn't something that would normally be considered "confronting".

And were there really many people who waited that long before deciding that they thought Aisleyne was great? I suspect that, instead, most (at least) who saw that as a praiseworthy "confronting" already either liked Ash a lot or strongly disliked Grace.

To be honest it was more about being against water being thrown in a respectable 43 year old woman's face whose family would have been watching.
    Veri wrote: »
    Though I thought Science was great, I don't quite "get" what people mean by an "anti-hero" in BB. I don't think of Science as an anti-hero.

It might not be the best term for him, but I thought Science had generally noble intentions and spoke alot of truth, but his general character was not that of the typical good guy.
    Infact you'd think he was the villain until you looked a bit closer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest it was more about being against water being thrown in a respectable 43 year old woman's face whose family would have been watching.
    Still, that's an anti-Grace point rather than a reason to think Ash was brilliant.
    It might not be the best term for him, but I thought Science had generally noble intentions and spoke alot of truth, but his general character was not that of the typical good guy.
    Infact you'd think he was the villain until you looked a bit closer.
    Hmm. I never thought he was a villain. (Perhaps that's because I liked Sam, and Science was one of the few who was decent towards her. Indeed, when she was evicted, he gave her a rose saved from their speed date.) (I thought her date with Science was fascinating. Unfortunately, it was shown only live and and just when ads were appearing. You had to quickly switch between C4 and E4 to catch it.)
  • Options
    Alpo.Alpo. Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay's drunken rap about the couples in the house while sitting on the edge of the bed in nothing but his boxers, a long vest and a furry hat and a circular mirror that the rim lit up.