Options

5th Harmony - Britney's reaction..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
Forum Member
When they spoke of the girls grandfather dying, and then came out singing that sing, all the other judges offered their condolenses and at least referenced the VT before, did anybody else think it was weird that Britney didn't?

Obviously it is a singing competition, not a personality one, but I found it really weird that she didn't mention it at all.

Comments

• Options
    GANA66GANA66 Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, me too I wouldn't react on every sob story
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Noticed that too but thought maybe she did it off camera.
  • Options
    Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney can only manage one sentence per contestant when critiquing. If she mentioned Ally's grandfather she wouldn't have been able to comment on the performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say I noticed- she only ever gives a very short comment anyway, so it did not seem unusual to me. I feel a bit sorry for Britney actually. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I'm so sick of her 2 second comments that don't even give any critique at all. She shows no emotion or real interest at all. She's like a robot. Nothing she says has any feeling or emotion to it. I also have a feeling that she's not mentoring her acts off camera and they're being told to keep tightly zipped on it. It wouldn't surprise me knowing her to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    beepbeep77 wrote: »
    I can't say I noticed- she only ever gives a very short comment anyway, so it did not seem unusual to me. I feel a bit sorry for Britney actually. :o

I feel sorry for her too, she is clearly messed up. Looking at past interviews it seems like a totally different girl.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AJmaestro wrote: »
    I'm so sick of her 2 second comments that don't even give any critique at all. She shows no emotion or real interest at all. She's like a robot. Nothing she says has any feeling or emotion to it. I also have a feeling that she's not mentoring her acts off camera and they're being told to keep tightly zipped on it. It wouldn't surprise me knowing her to be honest.

Do you know Britney?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    avon942 wrote: »
    Do you know Britney?:confused:

Sorry, that came across wrong. It's just a feeling I have is all.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not qualified to be a judge. I think CeCe's performance was probably viewed by all of the judges as the worst of all the acts this week. However, unless Britney can stand up on that stage and dance and sing at the same time as well as CeCe did, then I don't think she should be commenting at all, whether she's giving good or bad comments. Britney can dance really well (or at least she used to be able to), however it's been a long time since she hasn't mimed. Demi Lovato has a really good voice and Simon and LA have managed and discovered big acts. Britney is shouldn't be there...she might have sold millions of records, but come on, everyone knows she's crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's not qualified to be a judge. I think CeCe's performance was probably viewed by all of the judges as the worst of all the acts this week. However, unless Britney can stand up on that stage and dance and sing at the same time as well as CeCe did, then I don't think she should be commenting at all, whether she's giving good or bad comments. Britney can dance really well (or at least she used to be able to), however it's been a long time since she hasn't mimed. Demi Lovato has a really good voice and Simon and LA have managed and discovered big acts. Britney is shouldn't be there...she might have sold millions of records, but come on, everyone knows she's crap.

Really? LA said he liked it, as did Britney and Demi. All Simon said was it was 'too much' really..
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? LA said he liked it, as did Britney and Demi. All Simon said was it was 'too much' really..

They know she's on borrowed time. Simon told her to pack a suitcase and LA told her she's going down.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed the other week when they went to Britney 1st for the vote off, she didn't do the usual soppy speech just went straight in to "the person I am sending home is ..." LA looked at her funnily but then did the same as did Demi, I thought this was excellent as I always think just get on with it be it the US or UK version, but I did think she should've offered a short word of support to the young girl who lost her grandad
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I would have sympathised with her off camera, and not let it effect the critiques of the other 4 girls.

But then again, if Britney's anything like me, I'm awkward with sympathising, I'm always worried it will trigger the person to cry. It could be a simple reason like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney on this show seems very focused on appearing professional. Like when she nearly cried during bootcamp and she said she didn't want to and really fought it back. She's worried about being judged, and apparently she has reason to be.

Also, although her critiques are short they are to the point and you often get Demi or Simon saying "I agree with Britney".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, she is very shy. If you just look at the face she pulled when Khloe and Mario were introducing her video saying how well she has done. Simon also said she gets uncomfortable when things go too personal. She's just scared to open up after what happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Also, she is very shy. If you just look at the face she pulled when Khloe and Mario were introducing her video saying how well she has done. Simon also said she gets uncomfortable when things go too personal. She's just scared to open up after what happened.

and she was so apologetic after criticizing Vino, crunching and whispering "I'm Sorry" to LA.

Not mentally strong at all :( I really hope she speaks out more, because, come on, Britney, you have the X Factor!
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    That girl was blatantly hawking out her private grief for sympathy and attention, though. Again and again we've seen her do it and she did it again last night. It might have been believable had it been something out of the norm, but virtually every time she's on-screen she cries. I mean, her grief is so fresh it can reduce her to a sobbing mass of tears after the performance, yet once the group is through she's jumping about like a lunatic? I just don't buy it. There's too much precedent. I wouldn't have acknowledged her theatrics either.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a bit odd Britney didn't say something, but I honestly feel she's reading from a script most of the time. She also doesn't really interact with the other judges.
  • Options
    konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet she didn't know what it was about. She had her mind lost long time ago. She is only a robotic milking cow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cost_Short wrote: »
    and she was so apologetic after criticizing Vino, crunching and whispering "I'm Sorry" to LA.

Not mentally strong at all :( I really hope she speaks out more, because, come on, Britney, you have the X Factor!

To be fair though, she has come along quite a way since the start. And she wasn't afraid to have a dig at Simon the other week.

She has been overprotected (mind the pun) since coming back with Circus by her team, she has had very little "random" human contact. But she really is getting there.

I just don't like people judging her for it. She's been through what would have killed a lot of other people, literally, and it has. She just needs the space to be able to be comfortable again.