Paul Epworth Working with Adele Again?

NScotNScot Posts: 193
Forum Member
Paul posted this on Instagram
http://instagram.com/p/rLEt2FJGN4/?modal=true

Saying 'back to work' and the pic is XL Recordings. So the album isn't finished and could be released early 2015.

Also. October seems to be mentioned for the 1st single.

Comments

• twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NScot wrote: »
    Paul posted this on Instagram
    http://instagram.com/p/rLEt2FJGN4/?modal=true

Saying 'back to work' and the pic is XL Recordings. So the album isn't finished and could be released early 2015.

Also. October seems to be mentioned for the 1st single.

I wonder if Adele feels under so much pressure to repeat at least some measure of 21's success that she's afraid to let 25 go and keeps changing it. She certainly doesn't need the money, so there's no pressure from that.
  • NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    There hasn't been any official release date and Adele said from the start, the album will be released when it's good enough.
    She's taking her time with it!
    It's not like she's recording boring cover songs and pretending to be someone she isn't.
    Forum Member
    The latest from BB
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6206803/billboard-200-chart-moves-jack-whites-vinyl-sales-still-sizzle?utm_source=twitter

-- Adele, 21 (No. 101): At the rate the album is selling (around 3,000 per week), its cumulative sales will exceed 11 million within three months. (21 has sold 10.97 million through July 27.) Only 11 albums have sold 11 million in the United States since SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991.

21 has spent 179 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart (24 of those at No. 1), and will likely still be on the list when Adele’s forthcoming studio album arrives (possibly before the end of the year).
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    twells wrote: »
    I wonder if Adele feels under so much pressure to repeat at least some measure of 21's success that she's afraid to let 25 go and keeps changing it. She certainly doesn't need the money, so there's no pressure from that.

It's always the same with you, even when you use your other profile name-the one where you claim Adele only sold in the US because of SuBo lol.
    Well Adele's new album and 21 will still be selling when SuBo releases her 7th or what ever no it is will be dead and gone.
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't Paul Epworth work with a few artists from XL? But if that does indicate Adele, it's all good. Rather have great music and a little longer wait. But hell. I can't listen to another well mixed song from the usual suspects. I thought there would be a slew of copy cats cranking out acoustic stylings after 21. Aside from Christina jumping in on that Great Big World song, has there been a piano driven song from a woman (or even just a more acoustic sound from a woman) thats done well on the charts? Stay from Rihanna maybe? Who am I forgetting? Sara Bareilles? Her live cover of Chandelier if they release it. That's all I've got.
    These guys are just making it easy for Adele.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Doesn't Paul Epworth work with a few artists from XL? But if that does indicate Adele, it's all good. Rather have great music and a little longer wait. But hell. I can't listen to another well mixed song from the usual suspects. I thought there would be a slew of copy cats cranking out acoustic stylings after 21. Aside from Christina jumping in on that Great Big World song, has there been a piano driven song from a woman (or even just a more acoustic sound from a woman) thats done well on the charts? Stay from Rihanna maybe? Who am I forgetting? Sara Bareilles? Her live cover of Chandelier if they release it. That's all I've got.
    These guys are just making it easy for Adele.
    He has in the past, with Jack Peñate. But He hasn't been seen for sometime now.
    And I can't think of anyone else. Florence + The Machine aren't signed to that label. So it does look good for Adele. Remember he did tweet he was making a piece of British History, he was talking about Skyfall and that's now the biggest Bond song of all time.
  • Mike91Mike91 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she just wants to release another amazing album worthy of the hype she's gotten over the years.

That's why when she comes back, it'll likely be just as massive as 21. I don't know how much she'll sell but the massive hype will be there. I doubt she's going to come back and disappoint as well.

I don't think she cares about the success, she herself said she knows it won't be as successful. Her goal for each album always seems to be to better the quality, not the sales.

Plus you have to remember that she has a kid now so likely hasn't been able to commit to the studio as much as before, hence why it's taking longer. And she's also not singing about one thing this time. From the sounds of it, we're getting an album that talks about a few things.
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His work with Florence is incredible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always the same with you, even when you use your other profile name-the one where you claim Adele only sold in the US because of SuBo lol.
    Well Adele's new album and 21 will still be selling when SuBo releases her 7th or what ever no it is will be dead and gone.

You must be thinking of someone else. Adele and her writing team and producers found the sweet spot of music, attracting people of both sexes and a wide age spectrum. And in the US, she was brilliantly marketed by Columbia. All the forces came together for Adele and we all know the result. I imagine that record will sell forever.

Susan Boyle, easily old enough to be Adele's mother, started her career at a point when many singers are thinking of retirement . She does not sing pop or even AC. Essentially she sings musical theater standards which tell stories that mean something to her. Susan Boyle and Adele don't work in the same commercial universe. I like them both. Unashamedly working class with a sense of humor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike91 wrote: »
    I think she just wants to release another amazing album worthy of the hype she's gotten over the years.

That's why when she comes back, it'll likely be just as massive as 21. I don't know how much she'll sell but the massive hype will be there. I doubt she's going to come back and disappoint as well.

I don't think she cares about the success, she herself said she knows it won't be as successful. Her goal for each album always seems to be to better the quality, not the sales.

Plus you have to remember that she has a kid now so likely hasn't been able to commit to the studio as much as before, hence why it's taking longer. And she's also not singing about one thing this time. From the sounds of it, we're getting an album that talks about a few things.

Of course, Adele has a a lot more to talk about than straying boyfriends. She's 6 years older, has borne a child who she loves and has what seems to be a stable relationship with his father. I'm looking forward to hearing in what direction a more mature Adele wants to take her music.

But I also think, being human, she really wants 25 to be a blockbuster, too. So she's taking time with it.
  • Mike91Mike91 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, Adele has a a lot more to talk about than straying boyfriends. She's 6 years older, has borne a child who she loves and has what seems to be a stable relationship with his father. I'm looking forward to hearing in what direction a more mature Adele wants to take her music.

But I also think, being human, she really wants 25 to be a blockbuster, too. So she's taking time with it.
    No doubt. I can't imagine she wants to be viewed as someone who was a one album wonder.

But topping the sales of 21 is going to be impossible, so I do think her biggest aim for this record was putting out an even better album. Her hype comes from her voice and the quality of her music and I think she's very well aware of that. She's recruited some amazing songwriters for this album. Not "in" producers like most artists do now, but great songwriters and combining her skills with theirs, we'll likely get her best work.

She said in her Vogue interview a couple years ago that she wouldn't release an album unless it was better than 21 and with the single coming in about a couple more months, she must be confident that it is.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do feel a bit sorry for her. The claws will come out the minute the next album fails to reach the sales. She has a lot of pressure

Already have visions of "Is adele flopping" "Is adele's career over" threads on this very forum. I wouldn't expect any less.
    Forum Member
    I do feel a bit sorry for her. The claws will come out the minute the next album fails to reach the sales. She has a lot of pressure

Already have visions of "Is adele flopping" "Is adele's career over" threads on this very forum. I wouldn't expect any less.
    Seen things on other forums, saying Adele is toooo frightened to release this year, she's been scared of releasing anything.
  • MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Probably a load of rubbish - but they're saying 24 November in this article.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/285098-adele-take-that-and-1d-to-do-battle/
    Forum Member
    Once the promotion starts, sales will rise on here from other albums and tracks
    http://kworb.net/itunes/artist/adele.html

3.5 years later and still charting
    Forum Member
    21 now Officially a 30 Million selling album.
    XL Recordings
    http://pay-close-attention.com/#artist/adele/intro
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any single with Adele Adkins as lead vocal happens to drop before the Grammy deadline, I'm going back there next year. This time I'd really like to have official media passes. Long shot. :) I can't imagine anything will be released that soon though. Because this next album won't be a slow burner like 21, I could see them releasing it before the holidays. Really get those strong opening sales compounded with the holiday season.
    Otherwise they should use the same timeline as before. Nov single, Jan release. Worked last time out.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suspect she simply wants the music to be as good and maybe better than the last album. She'll let the audience decide if it's to be a 'blockbuster' whatever that might be?
    I don't expect anything much different from the last album.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has in the past, with Jack Peñate. But He hasn't been seen for sometime now.
    And I can't think of anyone else. Florence + The Machine aren't signed to that label. So it does look good for Adele. Remember he did tweet he was making a piece of British History, he was talking about Skyfall and that's now the biggest Bond song of all time.

Biggest Bond song in terms of sales I agree but not the best Bond song, 'Diamonds are Forever', 'Live and Let Die' and 'Nobody Does it Better' are all better songs.

'Skyfall' brought out the Diva in Adele which is a side of her that could feature on the next record but I would like to hear more of her C/W side, to see how good she is at that type of music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Hiding My heart is one of the best country songs she's covered. She brings country better than so many of the "country" artists out there. Easily conquer that genre if she went that way.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4yZnwMQWw
    I really hope she does more of the divatude. A big blockbusting, tear the roof down number. I hope Diane Warren and Adele can come up with something like Celine's take of Loved Me Back To Life. (which of course was written by Sia). In fact, I would love Adele to work with Sia. That would be incredible! :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f5KuRXtjeE
    I really can see Adele hitting those soaring verses.
    Oh man. Can you see Adele doing Chandelier, only Sara Bareilles style? Awesome. Holy sh!t, how can we make that happen? Lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f5KuRXtjeE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Biggest Bond song in terms of sales I agree but not the best Bond song, 'Diamonds are Forever', 'Live and Let Die' and 'Nobody Does it Better' are all better songs.

'Skyfall' brought out the Diva in Adele which is a side of her that could feature on the next record but I would like to hear more of her C/W side, to see how good she is at that type of music.
    If this next album does have more of a country feel to it, and the 1st singles is really good. Them expect this album to explode in the US.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    This time round, it will sell a lot at once, wherelse 21 was selling well week after week (slow burner) If it doesn't have the songs like 21, the album will die down. 21 will still keep on selling forever.
    Forum Member
    You must be thinking of someone else. Adele and her writing team and producers found the sweet spot of music, attracting people of both sexes and a wide age spectrum. And in the US, she was brilliantly marketed by Columbia. All the forces came together for Adele and we all know the result. I imagine that record will sell forever.

Susan Boyle, easily old enough to be Adele's mother, started her career at a point when many singers are thinking of retirement . She does not sing pop or even AC. Essentially she sings musical theater standards which tell stories that mean something to her. Susan Boyle and Adele don't work in the same commercial universe. I like them both. Unashamedly working class with a sense of humor.

Your posts sand out a mile Trennie, don't pretend you like Adele because you don't.

Look what you said when Adele won The Brit Award for AOTY. do you remember? I do!
    You are just interested to see Adele fail because Susan Boyle isn't the top UK female anymore and It was Adele who topped her......
    Forum Member
    Y_Me wrote: »
    This time round, it will sell a lot at once, wherelse 21 was selling well week after week (slow burner) If it doesn't have the songs like 21, the album will die down. 21 will still keep on selling forever.

Everyone knows this album isn't going to keep selling like 21, those kind of albums are very rare. Adele even knows it.
    Forum Member
    wave1221 wrote: »
    Your posts sand out a mile Trennie, don't pretend you like Adele because you don't.

Look what you said when Adele won The Brit Award for AOTY. do you remember? I do!
    You are just interested to see Adele fail because Susan Boyle isn't the top UK female anymore and It was Adele who topped her......

No one really gives a suff about Boyle, even Columbia Records said nothing about her in their new release for the end of year.
    Adele, 1D, Bennett, Streisand was all mentioned with big albums coming out. So they are no expecting anything decent.