Options

Power Trip truly was a [removed] awful series.

2»

Comments

• Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    power trip was great...
    but it went over the head of many people watching it (by that i just mean "they didnt get it" rather than it being too clever)... just as i dont get any enjoyment watching strictly, x-factor, keith lemon in anything, bbc3 generally... whatever make them "good" i dont get...

however the show could have been amended at any point.. it wasnt... which means those who "didnt get it" were not meant to... and they really should have found something else to watch.. the show changed its "aim" - many shows change their aim... its not a bad thing to no longer be the target, you just have to accept it and move on.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    power trip was great...
    but it went over the head of many people watching it (by that i just mean "they didnt get it" rather than it being too clever)... just as i dont get any enjoyment watching strictly, x-factor, keith lemon in anything, bbc3 generally... whatever make them "good" i dont get...

however the show could have been amended at any point.. it wasnt... which means those who "didnt get it" were not meant to... and they really should have found something else to watch.. the show changed its "aim" - many shows change their aim... its not a bad thing to no longer be the target, you just have to accept it and move on.

I'm having trouble getting this post too :confused::D

What did I and others not get?
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you didnt get what the shows "catch" - it didnt appeal to you. that doesnt mean it wasnt there, it just means YOU didnt get it.
    some people like train spotting, some like fishing... tell them their hobby is boring and they will tell you you are wrong... to say there is no catch is therefore wrong, to say you didnt get it, is therefore right.

power trip was the same as secrets and lies, with 1 difference... the gimmick twist of secrets was turned on its head.. no one was allowed to keep a secret, BB always told eveyone else in a game virtually straight away peoples secrets (unless it was something bb created in order to keep housemates second guessing each other and thus keep cliques from being powerful - even the 2 that formed around ashliegh and helen were soft factions - as they admitted they were outside the edit footage). the other part of the gimmick was normatively misunderstood by many viewers because they "could not read it" due to their built in expectations. They could not grasp that power was never to be wanted. They subconsciously thought power was a privilege and thus were confused by what they saw of it on the show. Power infact was a nettle not to be picked up - it always came at a cost that was more than the benefit. But that was not obvious to them, so they just saw it as "power theme is rubbish" as it never did what they expected it meant...

That.
  • Options
    Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You make sense but lets be honest Helen was allowed to keep secrets - therefore she was the most powerful housemate there. there was a clip of her saying that if her 'secret' got out she would leave. BB literally went out of their way to ensure Helen was kept happy.

If she was given the same treatment as, let's say chris, (the magical nomination the week mark/winston left. Letting housemates listen into her conversation*) then i'd agree with you that people just didn't 'get it'.

*the one time they did do this where she called Kim a **** (well really if she saw someone having sex on TV they are slutty) she ram away crying yelling "THEY CANT DO THIS TO ME"

(Sorry if this is a messy post I'm on my phone)
  • Options
    *~TeePee~**~TeePee~* Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jale made it great for me :)
  • Options
    Colonel_JasperColonel_Jasper Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    People were naive to vote for Helen and BBBOTS were just as devious to shove her down our throats the way they did. A truly forgettable series which i felt inclined to switch off and switch off more or less i did. >:(

Agreed. But BB helped to make that happen by shoving her into the safe house and treating her like a queen even though she already had a golden ticket to the final. The same girl who victimised people, threatened them in a harsh manner, created an uncomfortable environment, hid house luxuries from others, made verbal and abusive threats and always attacked people who didn't share the same opinion as her.

It's rather disturbing to think that she actually has a fanbase. Her winning says it all for the power trip series. A manipulated dross of a show!
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    But its been Ben Frow pulling all the strings for the past couple of years... and hes still there !

He's recognized he got it wrong with this year's BB though.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Agreed. But BB helped to make that happen by shoving her into the safe house and treating her like a queen even though she already had a golden ticket to the final. The same girl who victimised people, threatened them in a harsh manner, created an uncomfortable environment, hid house luxuries from others, made verbal and abusive threats and always attacked people who didn't share the same opinion as her.

It's rather disturbing to think that she actually has a fanbase. Her winning says it all for the power trip series. A manipulated dross of a show!

Its how much daily star headlines she had, that's why. People on BBBOTS shouldn't deny that they are daily star readers. No wonder why Helen clinched it. >:(
  • Options
    Colonel_JasperColonel_Jasper Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Its how much daily star headlines she had, that's why. People on BBBOTS shouldn't deny that they are daily star readers. No wonder why Helen clinched it. >:(

Agreed. It's very disgraceful.

Her winning sent a very bad message across. One of the worst BB series for me.
  • Options
    Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Anyone that enjoyed this year clearly have a low expectation. Set it higher my friends then you will realise that those of us who ****ing hated it still hold the like of Big Brother 3 in high regard. If anyone tells me things move on blah blah, wy do they? Who asked them to? Just because Channel 4 lost their bollucks. It was manipulated (how many times can a housemate sit in front of their faces on screen and have those random convos where they clearly felt like they were on the spot)
    I know there will be a few that will condemn me, life sucks and all that but in closing...it was a bunch of BS and weren't even worthy of Live TV showing repeats of it if it was still on air.
  • Options
    Speckled_HenSpeckled_Hen Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soapnut wrote: »
    Not one for the history books other than the fact it will forever be the worst series in history!

It's not even worthy of conversation and I've ran out of bad things to say about it as they have all been said already countless times.

BB15 never happened as far as I'm concerned I hated it that much. >:(

You've summed up my sentiments exactly. I really wish I could erase the series from my memory. I will never forgive Ch. 5 for foisting this disgusting excuse for a BB on us.