Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I was hoping that she would stick all her videos on this DVD, including the ones not on the album. Bedtime Story and WIFLFAG are two of her best videos and it would be a shame if they were missed off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is somebody reporting on another popular music website that this is NOT the final version of the tracklisting. That apparently it is going to be tweaked and the final tracklisting will be made available on Sept.1st.

There could be some truth to this as if you check out the promo for the album it features a bit of the "Give It 2 Me" video (although no audio) which may suggest that it will be on the album (which would make more sense than "Miles Away". It's a brilliant promo by the way!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRU6iufLmpA
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I was hoping that she would stick all her videos on this DVD, including the ones not on the album. Bedtime Story and WIFLFAG are two of her best videos and it would be a shame if they were missed off.

I love the song Bedtime Story also. It's very 'Bjork' (yes i know she wrote it). The video is stunning. Argh, I think we all want a quadruple album! Can you imagine in another 10-20 years how many tracks there'll be!
  • Options
    Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    delboy85 wrote: »
    There is somebody reporting on another popular music website that this is NOT the final version of the tracklisting. That apparently it is going to be tweaked and the final tracklisting will be made available on Sept.1st.

There could be some truth to this as if you check out the promo for the album it features a bit of the "Give It 2 Me" video (although no audio) which may suggest that it will be on the album (which would make more sense than "Miles Away". It's a brilliant promo by the way!!

Yeah but that's fan made isn't it? I mean the True Blue video is there too and we know we won't be getting that despite all the calls for it.

I took this from Madonna tribe whom seem to know there stuff. So I'm taken that as true until it is confirmed otherwise. I'd like to think that Borderline will be replaced with Rain or Bad Girl just to up the Erotica album a little but I'm not holding out for it.
  • Options
    SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There could be some truth to this as if you check out the promo for the album it features a bit of the Give It 2 Me"video (although no audio) which may suggest that it will be on the album (which would make more sense than "Miles Away". It's a brilliant promo by the way!!

Interesting!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    Yeah but that's fan made isn't it? I mean the True Blue video is there too and we know we won't be getting that despite all the calls for it.

I took this from Madonna tribe whom seem to know there stuff. So I'm taken that as true until it is confirmed otherwise. I'd like to think that Borderline will be replaced with Rain or Bad Girl just to up the Erotica album a little but I'm not holding out for it.

Yeah, just spotted the snippet of the "True Blue" video at the end. I suppose as there is no audio snippet for it or "Give It 2 Me" maybe it has no bearing as to whether they will be on the album.

Do you really think that promo is fan made?? I seriously doubt it. It looks way too professional. Looks like the real deal to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, just spotted the snippet of the "True Blue" video at the end. I suppose as there is no audio snippet for it or "Give It 2 Me" maybe it has no bearing as to whether they will be on the album.

Do you really think that promo is fan made?? I seriously doubt it. It looks way too professional. Looks like the real deal to me.

I don't think so either. It looks FAR to professional to be fan-made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so either. It looks FAR to professional to be fan-made.

Absolutely. There is no way in hell that that is fan-made. I think it's a fantastic promo. It should definitely help the album sales.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Interesting!:)

It even had a clip of True blue at the end!!!!:D:eek:

I really hope the final official tracklist does have true blue:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its not on any of the other Madonna fan sites though. Madonna Tribe is the altimate best for Madge goss and they haven't got it on there and if it was real it would have been posted.

I dunno we'll wait and see. :)

I just want Borderline dropped for Rain or Bad Girl. I think its shocking neither are on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not on any of the other Madonna fan sites though. Madonna Tribe is the altimate best for Madge goss and they haven't got it on there and if it was real it would have been posted.

I just want Borderline dropped for Rain or Bad Girl. I think its shocking neither are on it.

It IS shocking, but I for one would rather something else was dropped instead of "Borderline" - I consider that a classic next to "Like A Virgin" and "Material Girl"

I ADORE all of her music, but her 80's material is superb. It always brings a smile to my face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Madonnatribe is pretty good for information but i've just come across this on DrownedMadonna.

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/
    "The advertising for the Celebration greatest hits has leaked today.

The advert, as revealed by ********* at www.madonnafanzine.com as few days ago features small audio clips from Holiday, Like A Virgin, Material Girl, Papa Don't Preach, La Isla Bonita, Lucky Star, Open Your Heart, Dress You Up, Cherish, Express Yourself, Into The Groove, Like A Prayer, Music, Ray Of Light, Hung Up, Vogue and obviously Celebration the track.

But most important, the ad features a very small part of the Celebration video"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh interesting!

But I honestly don't think the tracklist will be changing. I'm not too fussed which one out of Give it 2 me or Miles Away is used. I just wish there was space for Rain or Bad Girl as it is shocking only one song from Erotica has made the GH.

I like Borderline too but its the only one I'd clear way for as I think the likes of Everybody, Burning Up, Dress You Up and Who's That Girl have long earned the right to be included. And Borderline has had its moment on TIC. Bad Girl and Rain are practically forgotten which is a massive shame as they are two of her best ballads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case people here didn't see it:

"Madonna’s latest single ‘Celebration’ has reportedly not been added to Radio 1’s playlist.

The track, a collaboration with Paul Oakenfold, is the first of Madonna’s songs to not have made the playlist, reports The Sun.

However, Radio 2 have been playing the single over the past fortnight.

Madonna’s greatest hits album, also entitled Celebration, will be released on September 28."

• Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah but like said in the other thread. It will be added shortly. ;) It will be A List by the time it is number 1 ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not bothered that it hasn't been added yet. Once the video is released it will be added. Why did she release it so soon to radio!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It leaked so this wasn't the plan but as the video was finished weeks ago I am disapointed its taken so long for it to surface.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote: »
    WTG is in there:D I can't believe Miles Away is in over TUTBMP, Rain, True Blue (although I never realistically expected that) and Deeper and Deeper. On the whole it's pretty good though and with her massive back catalogue its to be expected we will have some favourites omitted

can't beleive 'miles away' is on a greatest hits CD either, it wasn't a big hit anywhere!

surely Give It To Me would have been a better choice if she wanted 2 Hard Candy songs.

the rest of the CD's look good though, and show the strength of her back catalog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that Give it 2 me and Miles Away shouldn't even be on it. I can see she wants Hard Candy represented but surely 4 Minutes is enough?

Either This Used To Be My Playground, Bad Girl or Rain should have been on there instead of Miles Away. Unless she has listed Miles Away as a final pop at Guy, but then I bet those two are back together in 18 months! ;) always thought it would happen.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've pretty much got all of these songs. I might download one or two tracks but I dont think I'll buy the whole album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I've pretty much got all of these songs. I might download one or two tracks but I dont think I'll buy the whole album.

hahaha!

Made my day. :p
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that Give it 2 me and Miles Away shouldn't even be on it. I can see she wants Hard Candy represented but surely 4 Minutes is enough?

Either This Used To Be My Playground, Bad Girl or Rain should have been on there instead of Miles Away. Unless she has listed Miles Away as a final pop at Guy, but then I bet those two are back together in 18 months! ;) always thought it would happen.

The only reason I can think why Miles Away is there is to give it more exposure which is a bad reason for it to be there really. The song isn't bad but people didn't even know it had been released:eek: it was massively under promoted and it's been the case for a while now that Madonna hasn't made much effort at all with promotion and her videos. I know she's had some fallouts with Warner so she may have the attitude that she can't be arsed promoting their records. Anyway, I expect she will have a different approach with her next album and new LiveNation record and will put a bit more effort into it
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member

It is strange why Miles Away is on it. It didn't do well anywhere so really doesn't deserve it's place, but if it was a choice between that or GI2M then long live Miles Away!! I hate GI2M with a passion! :D

I wanna know what the single disc tracklisting is going to be. I hope it's a mixture of tracks and not just 'CD1' of the 2xCD set.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    It is strange why Miles Away is on it. It didn't do well anywhere so really doesn't deserve it's place, but if it was a choice between that or GI2M then long live Miles Away!! I hate GI2M with a passion! :D

I wanna know what the single disc tracklisting is going to be. I hope it's a mixture of tracks and not just 'CD1' of the 2xCD set.

I imagine it will be disc one, it would be a waste of money just buying the single disc version when you can get another CD of fantastic hits for just a few quid more
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hahaha!

Made my day. :p

Why is that:confused:
This discussion has been closed.