Ways which Sharon Rickman could be brought back?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,632
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Been watching some old EE clips on youtube and i have to say, Sharon Rickman has got to be one of the greatest EE legends, i know she's been in and out non-stop over the years, but the time Letitia was actually in Eastenders she was amazing.

I also checked and i had no idea that Dennis JR would now be 4 years old :o. I know people claim that she couldn't return now but there must be a way script writers could get her back into the square? She never found out Phil was responsible for Dennis' death and to be honest, i'd love to see the rivalry between Shirley & Sharon, i think Sharon would probably "steal" a lot of Phil's attention to be honest. Imagine her with Ronnie Mitchell too? It'd be interesting to see how they'd react to each other. Not to mention Ian Beale, her old friend is still there. Pat's still there, and i'm sure Sharon still owns the bookies :o.

So...got any suggestions? :P

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh loved good old Sharon. I'd love her back simply because I hate walford with no watts. No idea how they could bring her back though. Maybe to do with the bookies if she still owns it or maybe she could come back to visit ian/pat/dot and ends up staying on. Or maybe her and Vicky could come back for something.. to visit Dennis' grave?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, i think she'd make the square amazing right now.It's getting really good and i think Sharon returning could be the cherry on the cake :)
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    she would have to come back with a couple of people, perhaps vicki, though i know no-one really liked vicki when she was in the show!
    sharon was great, my favourite era was when dirty den came back, with chrissie, and 'kim metcalfs' sam, it was brilliant. oh where did it all go wrong :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    she would have to come back with a couple of people, perhaps vicki, though i know no-one really liked vicki when she was in the show!
    sharon was great, my favourite era was when dirty den came back, with chrissie, and 'kim metcalfs' sam, it was brilliant. oh where did it all go wrong :(

Oh i'm with you there. 2005 was pure EE gold :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2005 was great and I loved how as Den's murder storyline went on more and more people got involved until you had some of EE's most fantastic characters all muddled up in one big storyline:
    Chrissie, Sam, Zoe, Kat, Stacey, Sharon, Dennis, Jake, Phil, Grant, Peggy, Johnny
  • LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    2005 was great and I loved how as Den's murder storyline went on more and more people got involved until you had some of EE's most fantastic characters all muddled up in one big storyline:
    Chrissie, Sam, Zoe, Kat, Stacey, Sharon, Dennis, Jake, Phil, Grant, Peggy, Johnny

Zoe wasnt fantastic at all :o, agree with the rest though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoe wasnt fantastic at all :o, agree with the rest though :)

I think she was, she was annoying but she was a Slater and I love them so I gotta love her :o Prefer her to Peggy lol:D
  • Paul KellermanPaul Kellerman Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

EE did this with the who shot phil storyline

dan mel phil lisa steve sonia jamie ian all tangled up in other branching stories
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE did this with the who shot phil storyline

dan mel phil lisa steve sonia jamie ian all tangled up in other branching stories

Yeah they've done it lots, mostly always do with whodunnits etc but 2005 was fantastic for me. I liked the way the story evolved
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah they've done it lots, mostly always do with whodunnits etc but 2005 was fantastic for me. I liked the way the story evolved

Hollyoaks did that with Jake Claire justin warren and louise etc

It is great when all the big names get involved in one major story while have other mini storys that turn huge because of the main story
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she was, she was annoying but she was a Slater and I love them so I gotta love her :o Prefer her to Peggy lol:D

She was so annoying it was unbelievable especially how she lied to keep Dennis xmas 2004! No way lol, Peggy over Zoe anyday :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was so annoying it was unbelievable especially how she lied to keep Dennis xmas 2004! No way lol, Peggy over Zoe anyday :p

She was annoying and desperate but I still liked the character it's a Slater thing:p I'll always choose a slater over a mitchell even if it's the worst slater vs the best mitchell tehe:o
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    Theres a few ways she could be brought back.

She could wake up from her coma back in 1995 when peggy punched her on her return.

She could be pregnant with Jack's baby

She could find out her real parents live nearby (because she was adopted by Den & Angie) and find them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was annoying and desperate but I still liked the character it's a Slater thing:p I'll always choose a slater over a mitchell even if it's the worst slater vs the best mitchell tehe:o

Even Zoe over Ronnie? :p, I love the Mitchells but wouldnt choose Danny over anyone :p
  • Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best way to bring her back could be if Chrissie was released and she returned to the Square. Then Sharon could return to the Square along with baby Dennis to make sure she gets back inside again. It would be good but I think Letitia was always leaving for about six months so producers may not want to take her back. Letitia is a really good actress too. But as long as Ronnie is in the show they wont bring her back as their characters are two similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Zoe over Ronnie? :p, I love the Mitchells but wouldnt choose Danny over anyone :p

Yes Zoe over Ronnie :(
    The only time a slater wouldnt win was if they was up against danny
    Danny wins everytime. Move aside Kat Danny Mitchell is the way forward:p
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of some daft storyline like we had last week, she could just turn up:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Zoe over Ronnie :(
    The only time a slater wouldnt win was if they was up against danny
    Danny wins everytime. Move aside Kat Danny Mitchell is the way forward:p

BIB - Shocking!
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    New owner of the launderette.

Heather & Dot: Your not mr opalopalopadus
    Sharon: Thats right...I'm your new boss.....pleased to see me?

*Sharon does a wink and smile, Dot and heather look at each other*

duff duff duff
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB - Shocking!

Shocking but true. No Zoe means none of the 2001 Slater drama, no you aint my muvaaaa:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocking but true. No Zoe means none of the 2001 Slater drama, no you aint my muvaaaa:eek:

Hmmh I guess
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,922
    Forum Member
    why are people so desperate for sharon to come back? i liked her but there's nothing there for her anymore. if she was to come back it'd only be for a short stint

i actually had a pretty good theory that would tie in with phil's break she would come back on his wedding day to shirley (obviously :p) and she would start making him think she wanted to get back with him but she's only doing it to get the truth out of him about dennis. he tells her by accident and she threatens to go to the police. phil & shirley were going on honeymoon anyway but phil doesn't come back with her.

:p:D just a brief but it could have been good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weve just had Kat back, bringing Sharon back would really reduce Samantha Womacks screen time and that is forbidden it seems, plus while Ronnie is there doubt Sharon could come back.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a coffin. On her deathbed she had requested to buried next to Angie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    People say that Sharon is to similar to Ronnie and so cannot return but i think there are already similar characters that exist on the square already and they are in my opinion as follows,

Kat and Roxy: both loud, tarty bad dress sense, loves attention.
    Janie and Stacey: both bitchy, murderers, have older brothers, crazy & wild (stacey pre bi-polar)
    Peter and Tamwar: Shy, ignored by their parents, not popular with girls,
    Max and Jack: Cheaters, both have ex wives that dont like them, love having affairs.

So you see Sharon can exist at the same time as Ronnie and I will always prefer original characters over new ones and hate it when people say "don't bring back old characters".The thing with Sharon is she is an old character but also 1 of the original 23 ( i think that's how many their were in the beginning).

Now with regards to amont of people Sharon knows on the square there are quiet a few
    Phil, Ian, Bianca, Carol, Ricky, Jane, Kat, Alfie, Mo, Janine, Peter, Patrick, Pat, Dot, Jim, Billy and plus she owns the bookies which means she has a business I think that is more than what Kat hat knew and owned.

Stories for her return,

Phil responsible for Dennis's death.
    Wanting to sell the Bookies.
    Anniversary of Den's death.
    Contacted by biological parents or siblings.
    Wanting to return to her roots to raise her son.
    Escaping a bad relationship.
    Visiting Ian and finding out that Cindy's alive (far fetched I know but it could work).
    Grant and Sharon returning together married again with their children and then finding out that Grant has another son.
    Ronnie wants to sell R&R and Sharon buys it.
    Visiting Dot so she can see Dennis Jr since Dennis and Dot were close.
    Sharons pregnant with her second child Grant being the father and she thinks its a mistake and wants to escape and so returns to the square.

Finall words bring Sharon back and make her land lady of the Queen Vic (which is where she belongs) as one of Alfie's scams back fire leaving Kat running Stacey's stall and Alfie inheriting Charlies taxi.