The Adele Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
Administrator
Listening to "19" right now. Love this album and i love how 19 and 21 are quite different to eachother, i know lots of people who wern't fans of 19 were skeptical of 21 but i love the transition there.

This thread is a continuation of: The Adele Appreciation Thread

Comments

• casualtyno1fancasualtyno1fan Posts: 2,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part 2 :D:D:D
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Lol. According to mediatraffic, sales of 21 worldwide last week were slightly up on the previous week at 224k. This is just ridiculous, she's selling almost a million a month, it's Summer and this album was released over 6 months ago!

Total now 8,377,000 :eek:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Lol. According to mediatraffic, sales of 21 worldwide last week were slightly up on the previous week at 224k. This is just ridiculous, she's selling almost a million a month, it's Summer and this album was released over 6 months ago!

Total now 8,377,000 :eek:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

I'm starting to think she might actually beat the 2004 total of Usher(11,867,000).! and beat it by some margin.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    21 is a certified diamond album now right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    http://www.fmqb.com/home.asp
    On that website someone posted on the other page, it said that she's performing "someone like you" at the vmas... whilst it would be fitting for her to perform rolling in the deep considering she is nominated for it. I think someone like you would just steal the show.
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an ad from mtv. So as much as she should sing SLY, idk if it's in the cards.

Adele-VMA 2011 | mtv.com
    www.mtv.com
    Watch Adele Perform Rolling in the Deep @ 2011 VMAs 8/28 9/8C
  • cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele is so beautiful
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is. She always has been.:)
  • casualtyno1fancasualtyno1fan Posts: 2,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday Midweeks:

21 #2
    19 #5
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    From HDD:

Adele goes back to #1 next week for her 12th non-consecutive week at the top, surpassing Taylor Swift's Fearless for the most weeks at #1 since at least 2000. In fact, the last album to log 12 weeks at #1 was Santana's Supernatural in 1999.

I can hear geordielady screaming from here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    From HDD:

Adele goes back to #1 next week for her 12th non-consecutive week at the top, surpassing Taylor Swift's Fearless for the most weeks at #1 since at least 2000. In fact, the last album to log 12 weeks at #1 was Santana's Supernatural in 1999.

LOL. Yeah, she's not round these parts much anymore.....
    Forum Member
    Mardyfella wrote: »
    LOL. Yeah, she's not round these parts much anymore.....

Nor am I in all fairness, I think I ran out of superlatives to describe Adele's success.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Hotelier wrote: »

Awesome. Thanks for posting.

PART 2, BITCHES!:cool:
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    From HDD:

:D:D:D This has made my day:)
    Forum Member
    Don't worry, from the 'other' Adele thread on here it's clear that the feat has been noted, lol.
    Forum Member
    Don't worry, from the 'other' Adele thread on here it's clear that the feat has been noted, lol.

I would go have a look, but geordielady's posts just boil my piss.
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele signed for xfactor final. Thank goodness not as a judge.

Leave them wanting more I say. Which is a good thing, since that is certainly their pr style.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/204913/Simon-Cowell-has-booked-Adele-to-sing-at-X-Factor-s-Wembley-final/

When is this final? Near the holidays?
  • purpleteardropspurpleteardrops Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele signed for xfactor final. Thank goodness not as a judge.

Leave them wanting more I say. Which is a good thing, since that is certainly their pr style.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/204913/Simon-Cowell-has-booked-Adele-to-sing-at-X-Factor-s-Wembley-final/

When is this final? Near the holidays?

Just a heads up. The Daily Star is never reliable. Wait for official announcements before believing this sort of rubbish, this article has most likely been written to build hype for the start of the new series.
    Forum Member
    For once, though, a Daily Star article that is eminently believable, lol, although of course any of us could have written it. It doesn't take Einstein to work out that getting Adele on the Finale Show would be a real coup - and she absolutely loves the show anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For once, though, a Daily Star article that is eminently believable, lol, although of course any of us could have written it. It doesn't take Einstein to work out that getting Adele on the Finale Show would be a real coup - and she absolutely loves the show anyway.

I have a feeling it will be Gaga and Adele on the finals. They have two acts performing don't they? Gaga is said to be coming to the U.K in December. In terms of sales and popularity they're the two biggest stars currently ITV would be stupid to not book one if not both of them.
    Forum Member
    Ridiculously early prediction - Jade Alexis Richards to win the show after duetting with Adele in the Final.:D
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see her end of year sales figures. Generally sales are massively inflated over Christmas, with albums that would usually sell around 40k per week selling up to 250k per week, before slumping massively in the first week of January.. Adele is going to sell LOADS over Christmas :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Don't You Remember is the single Adele performs, I think it would be a great single for the winter months. It's great to see that one of the main attractions of the final will actually be a British artist for a change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she performs Someone like You at the VMA's. It's already #36 on the U.S iTunes. What we've got to remember is she might not steal the show. She's up against the likes of Gaga in the sense of causing shock. The VMA's aren't really know for acts who make stellar performances but more for acts who create a shock and completely steal the show i.e meat dress last year.
This discussion has been closed.