Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    mangobuttermangobutter Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dislike the couple from Blackpool!! They are horrible nasty people IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    We have a baked egg breakfast sometimes, just line a ramekin with a slice of ham, crack an egg in and add a tiny splash of cream, top with a bit of pepper and some grated parmesan if to your taste. Bake in the oven until the white sets..

Sounds delicious. Also Lucy has an Aga, so oven already warm.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dislike the couple from Blackpool!! They are horrible nasty people IMO.

Only the one is

The taller guy just goes along with the other one I think!!
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Everytime I see your username I think of the Body Shop Body Butter :)

Yes, I'm not keen on them. And I was annoyed at Ronnie Corbett's wife at breakfast trying to be awkward, but good on Lucy rising to the challenge.

Who the hell orders a baked egg at breakfast??!!!!!!
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. Who's been doing this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I'm a southerner and have had fish finger sarnies and chip butties :D

Fellow southerner, and so do I :o

[QUOTE=I also would love to move to Yorkshire.. so beautiful up there :)[/QUOTE]

You'll have to, now you've 'fessed up as a butty fan:D
  • Options
    mangobuttermangobutter Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everytime I see your username I think of the Body Shop Body Butter :)

Yes, I'm not keen on them. And I was annoyed at Ronnie Corbett's wife at breakfast trying to be awkward, but good on Lucy rising to the challenge.

Who the hell orders a baked egg at breakfast??!!!!!!

Lol, I used to love the body shop, birthday girl!!

Lucy was so unruffled and did really well at breakfast, most would have crumbled.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I also would love to move to Yorkshire.. so beautiful up there :)

Fish finger ,tartare sauce and mushy pea sandwiches in a river side pub in Saltaire Yorkshire were a dream snack.The fish fingers were home made and probably wot suvenors call goujons or some such poncey rubbish;):D
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. The bald one in particular is a nasty piece of work. I think we all know they're going to 'win' this week but for me the real winner(s) were probably today's host Lucy and her friend. I'd stay at her place over any of the others purely because of how she's come across throughout the week. Seems a lovely woman whose rooms were perfectly nice and seemed realisitcally priced, plus her breakfast looked great!
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    Only the one is

The taller guy just goes along with the other one I think!!

I agree with you he tends to walk behind him at several paces like a downtrodden wife.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Bellamy wrote: »
    Fellow southerner, and so do I :o

You'll have to, now you've 'fessed up as a butty fan:D

:D:D
  • Options
    merrybiscuitmerrybiscuit Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did she do with the baked egg? I missed that bit.

All the bed and breakfasts looked lovely this week. This program always makes me want to go for a night away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »

Gosh. That's not very good. Why do people have to react to a tv show so horribly? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Agreed. The bald one in particular is a nasty piece of work. I think we all know they're going to 'win' this week but for me the real winner(s) were probably today's host Lucy and her friend. I'd stay at her place over any of the others purely because of how she's come across throughout the week. Seems a lovely woman whose rooms were perfectly nice and seemed realisitcally priced, plus her breakfast looked great!

I agree. Although I would also stay at Andy and Caroline's place as I thought it was nice (esp the cottage).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lady who ordered baked egg was being awkward but and don't remember reading his comments about it, Kevin did mention her as a cantankerous customer which is a bit pot and kettlesque.

Also Kevin mentioned something about someone's behaviour being outrageous which is a bit much coming from somebody who dresses as a nun to greet their guests at breakfast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A bit of a moan on a website like this is one thing (and perfectly harmless), going to those sort of extremes is just wrong though. No one deserves that. But, bearing in mind how some of these competitors DO choose to portray themselves on national TV, reading that doesn't surprise me.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member

:eek: I wonder which ones they were/are :confused:

That's really bad :(
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

cor blimey how awful, some people, excrement through post:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    I love fish finger butties, mmmmm. With lots of ketchup.

Have gone off them ever since I ate these grey foul smelling fish fingers some years ago, looked nothing like the photo on the packet.
  • Options
    HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think to a large extent it's his dry sense of humour rather than deliberate nastiness. I'm from the same part of the world and was constantly misunderstood when I moved down south until I learned to blend in with the locals (ie bite my tongue & not speak my mind). Not saying he doesn't have a bit of a bitchy streak too lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Although I would also stay at Andy and Caroline's place as I thought it was nice (esp the cottage).

Oh, yeah, forgot about that!! I think something was unearthed saying it was normally only available for a week or more at a time, but if you could get it for £90 a night that would be fantastic value.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did she do with the baked egg? I missed that bit.

She made a statue of the Taj Mahal out of it. Only joking, she enjoyed it very much.

All the bed and breakfasts looked lovely this week. This program always makes me want to go for a night away.

I wouldn't stay at Blackpool as the hosts were not that nice and I'm not keen on men in drag whilst eating.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: I wonder which ones they were/are :confused:

That's really bad :(

Take your pick. Up to today there's been 136 of them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why Mr. Baldy felt the need to drag up tonight. Surely he could have done it on his own evening (I know the Nun made a strange appearance) but why tonight? It felt like he was trying to steal their thunder....
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I also would love to move to Yorkshire.. so beautiful up there :)

I never seen much of it, was off train, walk to hotel then pub lol.
This discussion has been closed.