Options

Season 16: General Discussion, Videos, Pics, etc.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valc_fan wrote: »
    Hmmm. I don't fully trust this article....might be a lot of gossip at this point. I think they are still sorting out what they are going to do.

I say keep Len and dump Carrie Ann & Bruno. Len actually has credible ballroom credentials.

While they are getting rid of folks...for the love of GOD PLEASE GET A BETTER BAND & SINGERS. Countless dances have been ruined by bad covers.

Amen to that!!!!! :D:D:D

SCD has had some car crash covers too.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I bet DWTS producers are gutted they did not hire Craig for the judging panel. He is fantastic on SCD and always bring controversy with scoring and tells the truth on the performances.

I highly doubt Len, Carrie or Bruno will be leaving the show. It is a HUGE gamble. EG American Idol first changed the panel it basically put the final nails in the coffin.

I hope they don't meddle with the judges. They work so well as a trio, even if they can - each in their own special way - get on my last nerve :p

It's possible, of course, that Len might want to put his feet up a bit...

I think CRH would be a step too far for DwtS :D. Len's a bit grumpy sometimes, but he's rarely as cutting as Craig - I just don't think the American slebs (and maybe the audience) would stand for it :o.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    You make some good points fridgesoup - perhaps a pro like Tristan is content and feels less pressure in taking the older celebs under his wing and yes it is a great pity about Dorothy - she really seemed keen to do the show and could have done some really special routines if she'd been fit enough.

Sharna was a great addition to the cast and it was certainly an impressive achievement to get a celeb who was lacking in self esteem, popularity and dance ability that far into the show - that is one good thing DWTS does have over Strictly - in Strictly they seem to give most of the new pros the good celebs straight away these days whereas in DWTS they now make the new pros earn their stripes before they'll consider giving them a contender - Val had to it before he was given Kelly and Zen, so hopefully if Sharna's back they'll give her a good celeb next time.

BIB - yes, that does seem to be the case, and I wonder if SCD feels that they have to make an impact with a new pro at first outing to justify the gamble of making a change. Maybe they see it as the fastest route to getting the newbies settled into the 'family' and putting the recently dismissed out of sight and out of mind ;).

In many ways the DwtS team have an easier time matching the stars and the pros because they've got a stable of dancers to choose from who are all under contract, whether they get the gig or not. TPTB can settle on their cast before making an absolutely final decision on which pros to use. I think they made a great job of matching up the personalities this time round :)
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I hope they don't meddle with the judges. They work so well as a trio, even if they can - each in their own special way - get on my last nerve :p

It's possible, of course, that Len might want to put his feet up a bit...

I think CRH would be a step too far for DwtS :D. Len's a bit grumpy sometimes, but he's rarely as cutting as Craig - I just don't think the American slebs (and maybe the audience) would stand for it :o.

Oh Lord No :eek:, and I always find it funny that many people here think that Len is so " mean " , too traditional and grouchy . I shudder at what they would think about about CRH :eek::D:D.
    He will probably have death threats and what not if he ever judge at least 1 show here, seriously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl discusses the finale on GMA

Cheryl from about 6 mins in

(well...they 'discuss' DwtS for about 10 seconds :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im actually quite disturbed that this dance looks strangely enough like Derek and Kellie Freestyle :eek::eek::eek: ...skip to 1:00

Isn't that plagiarism :confused::confused::confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fArCts0dUw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zendaya is getting more press than the actual winner and that alone says it all :):):)

It has been a good ride this season and I really enjoyed this thread :):)
  • Options
    sweetmisssweetmiss Posts: 3,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Zendaya is getting more press than the actual winner and that alone says it all :):):)

It has been a good ride this season and I really enjoyed this thread :):)

Do people seriously think Derek doesnt copy other dancers? hes a utter fake :).
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    sweetmiss wrote: »
    Do people seriously think Derek doesnt copy other dancers? hes a utter fake :).

His been caught out. LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im actually quite disturbed that this dance looks strangely enough like Derek and Kellie Freestyle :eek::eek::eek: ...skip to 1:00

Which part did you think was similar, edy? :confused:. Are you talking about the lean? Has someone claimed Derek invented that? I've seen it before - what's the big deal?
  • Options
    Sari~Sari~ Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which part did you think was similar, edy? :confused:. Are you talking about the lean? Has someone claimed Derek invented that? I've seen it before - what's the big deal?

Yeah, I think there's some reaching going on. I get that Derek is unpopular, but I really don't see any plagiarism just because there are some similarities to a move seen on a random video from Ukraine's Got Talent. They all use moves that have been done before and I doubt Derek would say he invented a move that I'm sure someone else taught him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sari~ wrote: »
    Yeah, I think there's some reaching going on. I get that Derek is unpopular, but I really don't see any plagiarism just because there are some similarities to a move seen on a random video from Ukraine's Got Talent. They all use moves that have been done before and I doubt Derek would say he invented a move that I'm sure someone else taught him.

Derek told Shaun Robinson of Access Hollywood in the pre-finals rehearsals how that move came about:

"I saw it once and it was actually a long time ago, I was like, 'Hey, let's play around with some ideas.' We tried it and we didn't get very far, but I thought maybe we'll keep working on it, we'll keep doing it and then we were like, 'Let's just go for broke. Let's just go for it,'" Derek told Access Hollywood's Shaun Robinson of how the idea came about in their pre-finals rehearsals." http://omg.yahoo.com/news/dancing-stars-kellie-pickler-derek-hough-achieved-gravity-002705686.html

Before they ever did the move publicly! It also doesn't sound like anyone taught him (or them) how, they just worked on it and worked it out.

"To perform the move that floored "Dancing" fans -- and the judges -- Derek said they defied the laws of physics.

"Physics say it doesn't work. But, honestly... she sits [on my shoulders], and I kind of put my hands on her thighs and that's it," Derek said, of how they got into position. "She just leans and it's all about me arching my back and looking backwards."

"And I dig my heels [into his shoulders]," Kellie added.

"Honestly, it's just brute strength," Derek said. "And honestly, I'm not the strongest guy in the world but now I feel strong now."

Derek credited Kellie as the inspiration for prompting him to add the impressive move into their freestyle routine.

"I've seen the move before and I always wanted to try it... but [there was] something with Kellie," Derek told Shaun. "She really has pushed my choreography because I want to showcase her and I also want to like wow people and show what she can do. ... I'm really glad that it all worked out because a lot of stuff could have gone wrong and I'm really happy."

He also said later that they had problems in rehearsals and even the dress rehearsal, that there was always a misstep. That so many things could have gone wrong, but didn't in the final performance.

It takes a certain type of meanness to state or imply Derek took credit for creating the move when he clearly did not. Big props to Derek and Kellie for having the guts to take it on and executing it so well! As Kellie's husband said, "She's five-foot nothing but can move mountains." We'll forgive him a bit of hyperbole as he's understandably proud of his wife.
  • Options
    sunshine6405sunshine6405 Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this and the other links :)

Don't disappear just yet! We've got ages to wait until our favourite uploader puts the results show up ;) ...and then there's Afterbuzz due soon...

I haven't disappeared completely, will pop in and see what is happening on the thread every now and again....Saw that you posted the AfterBuzz DWTS Finale Link, thanks.....Does not look like we will get a results show :( Hopefully it will be uploaded soon.....waiting...waiting...waiting

Good Finale AfterBuzz show....Good commentary/input from all 4, particularly Sharna.....I like her direct and respectful way of answering....loved Lindsay..got the impression Victor was a "difficult" student...she handled her 1st season maturely for a 19 year old...hope she is back in September..

Amazing routine.....I would not call it plagiarism, but artistic licence :D

Jacoby and Karina on Kelly and Michael

Aly and Mark on Kelly and Michael

Thanks to everyone for the links etc...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Finale AfterBuzz show....Good commentary/input from all 4, particularly Sharna.....I like her direct and respectful way of answering....loved Lindsay..got the impression Victor was a "difficult" student...she handled her 1st season maturely for a 19 year old...hope she is back in September..

Yes, they were both very open and honest about their 'challenging' partnerships - Lindsay in particular :D :eek: :D Good discussion all round. Hope both ladies are back next time :)

Zendaya looking very pretty in New York - DM pics
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It takes a certain type of meanness to state or imply Derek took credit for creating the move when he clearly did not. Big props to Derek and Kellie for having the guts to take it on and executing it so well! As Kellie's husband said, "She's five-foot nothing but can move mountains." We'll forgive him a bit of hyperbole as he's understandably proud of his wife.
    Can you stop trying to imply that If anyone calls out Derek for stealing cheography that they are mean. He copied the feel and copied steps from that dance. His fans go on about how creative he is. If he is so creative why is he stealing step from other peoples work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you stop trying to imply that If anyone calls out Derek for stealing cheography that they are mean. He copied the feel and copied steps from that dance. His fans go on about how creative he is. If he is so creative why is he stealing step from other peoples work.

BIBs - you see similarities that I don't (other than the lean) and draw conclusions from that that I wouldn't, so I guess this is an example of people seeing what they want to see. This will probably just go round in circles with views becoming more entrenched. Perhaps it's best if we all just move on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BIBs - you see similarities that I don't (other than the lean) and draw conclusions from that that I wouldn't, so I guess this is an example of people seeing what they want to see. This will probably just go round in circles with views becoming more entrenched. Perhaps it's best if we all just move on.
    The similarities are not that hard to see. Derek tried to copy more of the steps from the routine but Kellie was unable to do them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member

Is it just me but I was hoping to see all the finalist in more of the talk show circuit. I think I heard that Kellie will be on Ellen next week. I've heard about an interview with Zendaya as well with the Wall Street Journal: Business of Celebrity.

I just remember last season that we saw alot of the finalist after the finale. Maybe I'm just being impatient & going through dwts withdrawls.....but I don't know what to do with myself :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me but I was hoping to see all the finalist in more of the talk show circuit. I think I heard that Kellie will be on Ellen next week. I've heard about an interview with Zendaya as well with the Wall Street Journal: Business of Celebrity.

I just remember last season that we saw alot of the finalist after the finale. Maybe I'm just being impatient & going through dwts withdrawls.....but I don't know what to do with myself :cry:

Lol! It's a bit of a sudden comedown isn't it?

(It's even worse when SCD finishes a couple of days before Christmas and then...Nothing. From any of them! Selfish, selfish! :p
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously don't get why people are so anti-Derek. Saying he plagiarised a dance because of a feel or a certain move is ridiculous. I have seen many dances of dwts that are similar to ones on strictly and vice versa and I don't hear anyone complaining or claiming plagiarism. Oh and if you look at the comments of the video that was posted someone states that the dance copy another dance. The only similarity I seen was the lean. I saw more dancing & feeling in the Kellie's freestyle than in the video.

It is ridiculous that when people complain about twitter thing with Zendaya its not her fault it's that the ptb fault (which btw Ii agreed with as the producers make the decisions) but when derek gets a good partner he gets all the hate. I understand you (i mean more than 1 person here) don't like Derek but seriously it getting silly now. Kellie and Derek's freestyle was fantastic and it took a lot of gut, skills & creativity to do something that was so difference for DWTS. Dancers are influenced by many things including other dances doesn't mean they are not creative.He could have went for gimmicks or props but focused on the dance I wish some pros on DWTS and strictly would do that. He play to Kellie's strength & abilities and they deserved to win.

Wouldn't have minded at all if Zendaya & Val won or Ali or Mark as they were the most improved. Didn't want Jacoby to win because he hadn't improved or was as good as the others in the final and in his freestyle he was lost within the troupe it looked as they were hiding him behind others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    kp2ni wrote: »
    I seriously don't get why people are so anti-Derek. Saying he plagiarised a dance because of a feel or a certain move is ridiculous. I have seen many dances of dwts that are similar to ones on strictly and vice versa and I don't hear anyone complaining or claiming plagiarism. Oh and if you look at the comments of the video that was posted someone states that the dance copy another dance. The only similarity I seen was the lean. I saw more dancing & feeling in the Kellie's freestyle than in the video.

It is ridiculous that when people complain about twitter thing with Zendaya its not her fault it's that the ptb fault (which btw Ii agreed with as the producers make the decisions) but when derek gets a good partner he gets all the hate. I understand you (i mean more than 1 person here) don't like Derek but seriously it getting silly now. Kellie and Derek's freestyle was fantastic and it took a lot of gut, skills & creativity to do something that was so difference for DWTS. Dancers are influenced by many things including other dances doesn't mean they are not creative.He could have went for gimmicks or props but focused on the dance I wish some pros on DWTS and strictly would do that. He play to Kellie's strength & abilities and they deserved to win.

Wouldn't have minded at all if Zendaya & Val won or Ali or Mark as they were the most improved. Didn't want Jacoby to win because he hadn't improved or was as good as the others in the final and in his freestyle he was lost within the troupe it looked as they were hiding him behind others.

I agree with you about the dance. I don't think many dancers invent moves...I think they see it somewhere and put it their routine. For me the video didn't look like Kellie's routine except for the lean. So I'm with you on that.

But in GENERAL for me....why so much anti-Derek? Well I don't feel like writing a book about it but.... I have no real issue with Derek.....I am pissed at his fans though. There are some Derek fans sites (namely puredwts) who have been down right mean, spiteful and disgusting to Zendaya the entire season. I personally feel they act this way because they desperately want Derek to win. If you have any doubts about what I'm talking about check there site and see what they say about Zendaya. Check their comments about Zendaya etc.

For me it makes it hard to root for Derek when you got some nasty fans...but that's just me.
  • Options
    sunshine6405sunshine6405 Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last, the Finale Results show has been uploaded - in 8 parts....many thanks to dancingwts09 :)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last, the Finale Results show has been uploaded - in 8 parts....many thanks to dancingwts09 :)

F.A.B. :). Thanks sunshine (and, of course, dancingwts09 for a great job all season).
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you about the dance. I don't think many dancers invent moves...I think they see it somewhere and put it their routine. For me the video didn't look like Kellie's routine except for the lean. So I'm with you on that.

But in GENERAL for me....why so much anti-Derek? Well I don't feel like writing a book about it but.... I have no real issue with Derek.....I am pissed at his fans though. There are some Derek fans sites (namely puredwts) who have been down right mean, spiteful and disgusting to Zendaya the entire season. I personally feel they act this way because they desperately want Derek to win. If you have any doubts about what I'm talking about check there site and see what they say about Zendaya. Check their comments about Zendaya etc.

For me it makes it hard to root for Derek when you got some nasty fans...but that's just me.

There's nasty fans in every fanbase I choose to ignore them otherwise you wouldn't like anyone. I read some of the comments and there are truly awful but then again I read nasty stuff about Derek & Kelllie too.