EE: any puppies yet?

silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
Forum Member
I've neither seen nor heard any updates re: Lady Di's pregnancy. In theory the puppies would be due today. Why do the writers introduce a story line (pathetic as it was) and then not follow it up? >:(

Comments

• J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda's got quite a nice set of puppies.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping there'll be something about them in this week's spoilers.

I couldn't decide from a picture released at midnight whether Lady Di still looked pregnant or not.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Well, she certainly didn't look in pup in today's (Wednesday) episode, so what has happened to this story line?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitches (no I'm not talking about Linda ;-)) tend to have a pregnancy of roughly 7-8 weeks, so realistically Lady Di should be due the pups any day now.
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Bitches (no I'm not talking about Linda ;-)) tend to have a pregnancy of roughly 7-8 weeks, so realistically Lady Di should be due the pups any day now.

That's what I thought :(
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    She didn't look pregnant the other day
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    She didn't look pregnant the other day

Is there a way to make dogs look pregnant? You can't just stick a baby bump on them. :o
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We almost got to see Lauren's puppies but alas, it was not to be.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Is there a way to make dogs look pregnant? You can't just stick a baby bump on them. :o

You're right you cant, but you can keep them hidden until the puppies have been had. So when Stan met Lady Di he should have walked into the living room talking about how good looking she is after seeing her in the hallway. She didn't have to appear
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought she did look pregnant in that scene a while back when she was on the sofa with Mick, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »

I looked it up and found something about 63 days for bulldogs. I'd have thought she wouldn't go that long though, because of the cross breeding and Tramp being a bigger dog than her.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are plenty of puppies on Albert Square. ;-)

And very nice they are too. :D
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    Well, she certainly didn't look in pup in today's (Wednesday) episode, so what has happened to this story line?

Was there an extra episode tonight?!
  • Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Lady Di has faded into oblivion alongside the Beale's dog and Terence. Honestly I've never seen dogs that stay confined to one place when someone walks in the door.
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww... your talking about dogs... >:(

I'm off before Spunger comes along... ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt surprise me if they had forgotten but I am hoping they havent. Lady Di having her puppies on Stan's bed is too good an opportunity for them to miss. I am expecting him to say something about drowning them in the canal....
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt surprise me if they had forgotten but I am hoping they havent. Lady Di having her puppies on Stan's bed is too good an opportunity for them to miss. I am expecting him to say something about drowning them in the canal....

Haha. :D

A bit like Harry Enfield's Old Gits characters...
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope they haven't just forgotten about Lady Di pregnancy's. It'd be terrible continuity and it was actually a mildly entertaining 'comedy' storyline. And I wanted to see Johnny cradling a tiny little puppy. :cry:
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philth ate them all as a suitable revenge for Johnny's 'disrespect'! :D
    Forum Member
    It looks as though she's still in pup!! Our Babe spent some time making a fuss of Lady Di in last night's episode and there was mention of her being pregnant but the cameras didn't show much of her body. I just wonder how they are going to get round the fact that she is now, by my reckoning, 8 days over due. Perhaps they are waiting for a stand-in pregnant bull-dog to deliver!! What a cock-up!!
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She goes into labour/has the puppies on Tuesday 22nd April.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben_Hunt wrote: »
    Lady Di has faded into oblivion alongside the Beale's dog and Terence. Honestly I've never seen dogs that stay confined to one place when someone walks in the door.

and Roxys dog - Albert I think!

Zoe also had a cat - no idea what happened to that either
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

I think this will be a good contrast and a bit of light relief from the Lucy storyline.
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »

That's 22 days overdue in my reckoning! I just hate such stupid cock ups!! >:(
    Forum Member
    At last, yes true to planning, puppies arrived on 22nd. Perhaps writers thought the gestation period was 12 weeks and not nine! I'd have felt a right idiot if I'd been actress Linda Henry (Shirley Carter) pretending to deliver puppies to an over-weight and panting non-pregnant bull-dog. Once again, the whole story-line has been a complete farce, from the time when Nancy pulled the dog's pants off (!) to the 'birth' of the puppies. My suggestion: if it is not possible to write a storyline which can be portrayed as accurate, filmed in an authentic way and produced to look real, THEN DON'T BOTHER!!!