Options

Destiny - Xbox One Thread

Comments

• Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble playing? Keep being told I need tro connect to Xbox Live to play :-/!

I was getting that last night when I tried to connect. It finally let me in and then told me there was a 65MB patch. Once downloaded I then got a message saying the game world was being reset.

Maybe another patch is incoming?
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You back on Xbox, I still have you on my friends, you been offline for months :D welcome back though.

Yep not been online in ages as just not had time for gaming, still don't now tbh, so you won't see me about much lol
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Anyone done the first Raid then?

Had trouble getting on last night, so I just went and played the Forza Horizon 2 demo instead. Though i did check Destiny before I shutdown last night and it seemed back to normal.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm nowhere near ready for raids. Only unlocked Venus last night and I'm only lvl 12. Plus at the time I was playing I only saw Coggit's name from my list. Think everyone else was on FH2 demo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are any of us ready for this raid? I haven't seen any DS'ers above level 23.

I'm happy to give it a go tonight with my level 22, even if it means we all get our asses handed to us :p
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »

I'm happy to give it a go tonight with my level 22, even if it means we all get our asses handed to us :p

I'm only level 9, and have just done the very first Moon story mission.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I'm at level 24. Got my first piece of legendary armour last night but it wasn't enough to push me over the mark to 25. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

After reading it took the first team 10 hours to complete the raid and over 1600 deaths, I think I will wait till I'm the correct level :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading it took the first team 10 hours to complete the raid and over 1600 deaths, I think I will wait till I'm the correct level :p

Said in the Destiny thread on main page. I don't have 11 hours free to do a Raid if they need to be done in one sitting. Even at weekend there's still drinking and whoring to be done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Said in the Destiny thread on main page. I don't have 11 hours free to do a Raid if they need to be done in one sitting. Even at weekend there's still drinking and whoring to be done.

It seems to save your progress so you can take a few days. How that works I'm not sure yet.
  • Options
    NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I still have not bought this yet and it's starting to bug me now, I want to buy it but it just seems like it's another FPS to me. I got almost every FPS going on the Xbox One and I am just thinking, do I need to buy another one..........What makes this game different from the rest? Having trouble deciding whether to buy it or not.

Thinking of buying Flockers for £14.99, at least it will be different :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member

Im level 23 (almost 24) I have been stuck on this level for what seems like ages, just cant seem to get the blue balls to drop and find light armour (blue or purple)

I do the strikes, but always end up with green items that get dismantled straight away

I guess its just a grind and down to luck
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is having problems with achievements unlocking, hit your start button, go to settings and log out/switch profile. Sign back in and I got 2 achievements unlocked. I had problems on the 25 precision shots but have now unlocked that and the decrytor one:)

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589729
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the AI on this game is quite good, if there are a few enemies mulling around in the distance and you snipe one of them, the rest dash for cover and unless you reposition yourself its very hard to take out anymore. Also they will run from line of sight, so for example, if there is a large rock or vehicle between you and the foe, they will run round the obstruction to avoid been shot, you can end up chasing them round and round! Love it lol
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the AI on this game is quite good, if there are a few enemies mulling around in the distance and you snipe one of them, the rest dash for cover and unless you reposition yourself its very hard to take out anymore. Also they will run from line of sight, so for example, if there is a large rock or vehicle between you and the foe, they will run round the obstruction to avoid been shot, you can end up chasing them round and round! Love it lol

The AI do seem to adapt to the situation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparky2005 wrote: »
    Im level 23 (almost 24) I have been stuck on this level for what seems like ages, just cant seem to get the blue balls to drop and find light armour (blue or purple)

I do the strikes, but always end up with green items that get dismantled straight away

I guess its just a grind and down to luck

Let's get a few of us together tonight and try and do some of the Strikes together to get decent armour.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I sort of find the AI pretty frustrating. They aren't intelligent, and in some cases they'll just run around a bolder in circles making it pretty frustrating to kill them. They all react in the exact same way so I found it got samey pretty fast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's get a few of us together tonight and try and do some of the Strikes together to get decent armour.

I'd be in that. Should be on around 8/8:30-ish. Tried joining some from here last night, now that I'm lvl 20, but it kept booting me to the main menu saying 'connection to Destiny's servers lost' >:(
    brb wrote: »
    I sort of find the AI pretty frustrating. They aren't intelligent, and in some cases they'll just run around a bolder in circles making it pretty frustrating to kill them. They all react in the exact same way so I found it got samey pretty fast.

I still kind of find that funny. Then I just do a "Hulk-Smash" and watch them fly away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone want to team up tonight and do the Queen's wrath mission? Apart from Woodsmonk randomly joining my fireteam for a Strike mission the other day I've yet to play with anyone from DS. I miss the old COD 4 days where I got everyone together :(

Limiting a fireteam to 3 people means most nights when I get on everyone appears to be grouped together already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone want to team up tonight and do the Queen's wrath mission? Apart from Woodsmonk randomly joining my fireteam for a Strike mission the other day I've yet to play with anyone from DS. I miss the old COD 4 days where I got everyone together :(

Limiting a fireteam to 3 people means most nights when I get on everyone appears to be grouped together already.

I have tried a couple of times to join in with no joy. I had a few connection issues and it took nearly 3 hours to download the last update (just 250mb :o>:() so decided to reset my router and Robert's your father's brother, everything is now hunky dory.

I think another problem is that people don't want to join in when they're at a low level. Other than you, Monk, Brass, Orzie and me, I can't think of any other DSers who are over level 20 and on X1.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think another problem is that people don't want to join in when they're at a low level. Other than you, Monk, Brass, Orzie and me, I can't think of any other DSers who are over level 20 and on X1.
    I'm just about the get to level 20 so might join in a bit now and then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind playing with lower level people at all :) thought normall have a full fireteam with Monk/Orzie/Dragon.
    If there's more of us on we normally go to the crucible, though I bloody hate the crucible!

Anyway, point is, feel free to add me: RogueBrogue.

Gonna be needing people to do the raids with anyway :)

P.s saw you joined TRR Arrow :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I'm a lvl 27 hunter btw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah did you approve me Rouge? Thought I may as well join you all.

Maybe next week we will have enough of us at a level where we can do the raid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course I approved you :)