Options

I'm in despair - there is NOTHING good coming out!

Comments

• Options
    P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlunaGeorge are a duo btw

Just watched the music video and found that out :o:o I'm turning into one of those people that I hate :o I feel so guilty :(
  • Options
    P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i was so pleased that finally who i predicted as the top two on the BBC Sound Of...2013 poll were this pair....definitely magic thus far from the two...and of course we have some returning big guns this year but if they let me down musically i know i love this pair :D

Yeah me too. I didn't know Alunageorge before the BBC sound poll but I've known Haim since last summer :) And I agree that at least we're guaranteed two good bands this year :)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    P_P wrote: »
    Well Paramore's new single is released on the 22nd if you like them...

I only ever seen to be talking about paramore on here at the moment :D
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    The way I'm feeling right now, I'll take whatever I can get! I have liked Paramore in the past though... What's the song called?

It's called "Now" and it's released to download on the 22nd January.

:)
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has been so much music released that you could find something older that you don't own/know yet.
    I have just bought 2 old (10 years old or so) CDs that I really enjoy for Xmas. At least on amazon, you can still purchase old stuff while you mostly find newer things in the stores. I'm very mainstream, so I'm not saying that you would like Bryan Adams and Bon Jovi, but there is already sooo much out there.
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love some suggestions of older music I could get into then... I pretty much like anything!
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,163
    Forum Member
    Things are a bit quieter than normal at this time of the year, but I still have 47 tracks on my new releases' playlist for this week:

http://spoti.fi/OQ15nN

...and 52 for last week:

http://spoti.fi/RzIO29

I can't believe there's nothing you'll like on there, OP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In January there are new releases from
    Buffy Clyro
    New Order
    The Joy Formidable
    Everything Everything
    I Am Kloot

The first week of February sees releases by
    Eels
    The Courteeners

Oh wait, you were just looking for teeny pop crap
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can give you a random list of artists from the 90's/early 2000's on top of my head, but it's so mainstream you are bound to have some of them:
    Nirvana ("unplugged in NY", in my opinion),
    the 1st big album of Alanis Morissette,
    Bon Jovi (my favorite is "cross road"),
    Blur (my favorites are 'the great escape" and "parklife"),
    Bryan Adams ("reckless", "waking up the neighbours", "18 'til I die"),
    Queen (I just got their 3CD greatest hits, it's awsome),
    Green day ("Bullet in a bible", and older albums?),
    Linking park (most people prefer the older album "Meteora", I really love "A thousand suns"),
    An old Madonna with the song "like a prayer",
    Sting and the Police...

But hey, I'd love to read other people's suggestions too, they are bound to be more interesting than mine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In January there are new releases from
    Buffy Clyro
    New Order
    The Joy Formidable
    Everything Everything
    I Am Kloot

The first week of February sees releases by
    Eels
    The Courteeners

Oh wait, you were just looking for teeny pop crap

Actually I enjoy a lot of Biffy Clyro and Everything Everything, but their albums aren't out til the 28th and 14th Jan respectively. Your post would have been helpful if it weren't for the needless put down at the end.
    Nothing worse than music snobbery :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    I can give you a random list of artists from the 90's/early 2000's on top of my head, but it's so mainstream you are bound to have some of them:
    Nirvana ("unplugged in NY", in my opinion),
    the 1st big album of Alanis Morissette,
    Bon Jovi (my favorite is "cross road"),
    Blur (my favorites are 'the great escape" and "parklife"),
    Bryan Adams ("reckless", "waking up the neighbours", "18 'til I die"),
    Queen (I just got their 3CD greatest hits, it's awsome),
    Green day ("Bullet in a bible", and older albums?),
    Linking park (most people prefer the older album "Meteora", I really love "A thousand suns"),
    An old Madonna with the song "like a prayer",
    Sting and the Police...

But hey, I'd love to read other people's suggestions too, they are bound to be more interesting than mine.

Thank you! I do have some of these :p but I'll check out the Linkin Park and Nirvana suggestions, don't think I've heard those! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! I do have some of these :p but I'll check out the Linkin Park and Nirvana suggestions, don't think I've heard those! :)
    You are welcome. Hopefully someone else will chime in with other suggestions.
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wrens - Meadowlands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I enjoy a lot of Biffy Clyro and Everything Everything, but their albums aren't out til the 28th and 14th Jan respectively. Your post would have been helpful if it weren't for the needless put down at the end.
    Nothing worse than music snobbery :rolleyes:

Apologies, I shouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that you would like the same as all the other crap that is usually mentioned on here.

But can you really not wait for just another week for a new release??.

If you want some suggestions try

Electro Shock Blues by Eels
    Welcome Interstate Managers by Fountains Of Wayne
    Fashion Nugget by Cake
    Dookie by Green Day
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Haim are the next big thing then, so the Sound of 2013 is actually the Sound of 1983? Actually that's all right!
    I had no idea they actually won the BBC Poll, I just posted on another thread about how poor they were. If we're going back to the 80's I'll take Chairlift over Haim every time ;).
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    afbcfan.

I love arttune and anger of girls that's on your Spotify list for this week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its because we need nu cher lloyd music guys
  • Options
    Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I officially hate January. Atm we're stuck with the awful drones of will.i.am and Britney and the even more depressing drones of James Arthur.

Can anyone please enlighten me to some forthcoming single releases coming up in the next few weeks? I think I'm going mad! :(

Look outside the charts!;):rolleyes:
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just think:

Beyoncé, Gaga and (probably) Rihanna and Britney are all releasing music this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I officially hate January. Atm we're stuck with the awful drones of will.i.am and Britney and the even more depressing drones of James Arthur.

Can anyone please enlighten me to some forthcoming single releases coming up in the next few weeks? I think I'm going mad! :(

I remember 2007, when 'Grace Kelly' by Mika and 'Stars In Their Eyes' by Just Jack dominated the charts and I hated both those songs beyond all reason. :mad:

Haven't even heard the will.i.am or James Arthur tracks because I never listen to the charts anymore.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This time 4 years ago (2009) things were so different.

We had Beyonce's 'Halo' floating around, the arrival of Gaga with 'Just Dance' and some new arrivals on the scene. I loved 2009 for music.

Indeed, I think winter 2008-09 was probably the best since 2000-01. Indeed, the 2009 release of the Saturdays' Issues is my favourite January musical discovery for many years, although I have preferred a few February releases.
  • Options
    royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A*M*E Gameboy
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Indeed, I think winter 2008-09 was probably the best since 2000-01. Indeed, the 2009 release of the Saturdays' Issues is my favourite January musical discovery for many years, although I have preferred a few February releases.

I found the start of 2009 very boring (although 2008 wasn't bad), but I think the last few months of 2010 was the best time in terms of massive new releases. Absolutely huge songs being released constantly, week after week, it was amazing. We haven't had a time in the charts like that since. Summer 2011 was a bit like that, but the hits weren't as big.
  • Options
    royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    check this out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5eoHHrTKvs

you don't need to be spoonfed rhianna and bruno mars to enjoy new music
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Loreen - Heal

Definitely check this album out. It's brilliant! :D It only came out at the end of October.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »
    Just think:

Beyoncé, Gaga and (probably) Rihanna and Britney are all releasing music this year.

Think I may go and hang myself.........