Do you think Arlene...

LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
Forum Member
....writes out a list of little 'one liners' to say about the dancers before the show and is determined to then use them no matter what during the show. Which is probably why we got the football quip, widely reported in all the papers, about Jessie. And many others, which some times don't even apply.

Comments

• mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    ....writes out a list of little 'one liners' to say about the dancers before the show and is determined to then use them no matter what during the show. Which is probably why we got the football quip, widely reported in all the papers, about Jessie. And many others, which some times don't even apply.

Duh... yes!

She definitely has little cue cards filed under desk for each occasion...
    Gary - bad - flat as a pancake
    Gary - good (if only) - something along the lines of "rose to the challenge like a super sugary souffle"

I agree that she seems to use them no matter how vaguely they seem to fit what we have just seen.

Filed under Mark:
    one card only - Greek god.
    Get a new angle, woman:mad:
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Of course she does. As does Bruno.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sometimes wonder if she's reading them off the autocue :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think she has them rehearsed. Has anyone also noticed that Tess etc are mentioning things discussed on the forums as though it was them who noticed it etc:p
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LauraD&L1 wrote: »
    Yeah I think she has them rehearsed. Has anyone also noticed that Tess etc are mentioning things discussed on the forums as though it was them who noticed it etc:p

Tess, with all the money (£150000) and time (no rehearsal) should have time to read the forums! :)
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tess, with all the money (£150000) and time (no rehearsal) should have time to read the forums! :)

I hope not

* runs off to see i can delete calling her a Shih Tzu
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she does. As does Bruno.

If Bruno planned anything of what he said then he probably wouldn't come out with so many comments they try to quickly brush over! :D
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    If Bruno planned anything of what he said then he probably wouldn't come out with so many comments they try to quickly brush over! :D

I'm sorry I can't remember when in the episode it happened, but I did notice this week Bruno said something as if it was a mistake and pursed his lips coyly, then obviously thought the camera was off him and his face went blank. Then when Len started talking again and he thought he was back on camera, he put his 'naughty' face on again. So that's affected my view of how 'off the cuff' Bruno is being.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    !- By coincidence I just wrote somewhere else: "I assumed in previous years she was letting the show's staff write her (overheated) soundbites for her but they've become so bad I have no doubt who is responsible.
    I'm beginning to dread her shrill and crackly flushes... do I mean flourishes??"
    I think we have to give the irrepressible Bruno credit for being a bit more spontaneous... but I saw him perseverate with three dog references about the Rueda last week and still can't figure out if being a non native he really was that sharp to make that up live.