Options

Tiscali One off £30 installation charge.

-N34-N34 Posts: 1,929
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is this to re-activate your bt line? Or would I have to pay separately?

And if I do have to pay separately then how much?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just remembered this thread. Does anyone have any info?
  • Options
    AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been in the news that Tiscali are close to administration, and, more alarmingly, that CPW are thinking of putting in a bid, so I wouldn't advise anyone to join them as a new customer at the moment! Current customers of Tiscali might want to think about finding a new provider too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Appleseed wrote: »
    It's been in the news that Tiscali are close to administration, and, more alarmingly, that CPW are thinking of putting in a bid, so I wouldn't advise anyone to join them as a new customer at the moment! Current customers of Tiscali might want to think about finding a new provider too.

No... It's people moving that is gunna make them go into administration. Now stop being off-topic and answer my question :D
  • Options
    meltcitymeltcity Posts: 2,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you planning on subscribing to Tiscali's broadband service?

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/talk/?code=ZZ-NL-11EE&srccode=COD_592
    A £30 set up fee applies for BT active lines. For non BT or inactive phone lines a £99 line activation fee will apply.

You obviously don't have an active BT phone line. Perhaps you have a stopped line, or no line at all. Either way it will cost you £99, or perhaps even more if an engineer has to visit your property. Do you have a BT socket in your property?
  • Options
    jasperjonesjasperjones Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Asked bt to re-activate their phone line,they told me it would be free,but they connected their service to my Tiscali line in error.(used to have 2 lines into the house)
    Now Tiscali want a £30 fee to reconnect back to them,or £95 to re-activate my other line (bt have now told me they would charge me £122 as there is no dail tone)
    So myself i would think its £30 setup or £90 re-connection fee