Heather Frost aka 'Dole Queen' and family goes into hiding

1161718192022»

Comments

• Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see the rags learning the lessons from the Leveson enquiry. What reasonable person can still question the ability of these upstanding members of society to regulate themselves? Well, apart from the press, Camoron and his dwindlng band of supporters.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Why would that be so far fetched? In fact, it is entirely possible the son, who "released" the diaries could have made it all up. The point being, it could be that some of the neighbours are a bunch of bullies and are jealous of the attention she has been getting. The very fact that it is in the Daily Heil is enough to lay that level of suspicion.

So you think a grieving son who recently lost his elderly mother has nothing would just make all this up and invent her diary entries about how she was terrorised by this family (including pictures of her trashed shed) just to get a spread in the Daily Mail. And that all these other ex neighbours are just making it up cos they are jealous of her?

Get over yourself – how ridiculous!

Presumably you believe Anne Frank’s diaries were fake too?!:rolleyes:
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    So you think a grieving son who recently lost his elderly mother has nothing would just make all this up and invent her diary entries about how she was terrorised by this family (including pictures of her trashed shed) just to get a spread in the Daily Mail. And that all these other ex neighbours are just making it up cos they are jealous of her?

Get over yourself – how ridiculous!

It wouldn't be the first time for someone to blame somebody else for the death of a close relative. Grief does funny things to people's mental states. But it also does not detract from the possibility that the mother may have faked the diaries as well, or at least maybe exaggerated them. A common tactic, when one has a campaign against someone else.

Why is it impossible to imagine that the "other neighbours" wouldn't have had a vendetta against her. It wouldn't be too far fetched that they were friends of the old lady who wrote the diary. Especially the ones who were neighbours of the "vicarage" where she was staying. It is a good bet that they didn't want "her sort" moving into their neighbourhood.
    Presumably you believe Anne Frank’s diaries were fake too?!:rolleyes:

WOW.....talk about something from left field. :eek: I am surprised you didn't mention the Hitler diaries, or even the Clarke diaries. Really....what a pointless and ridiculous remark.
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't be the first time for someone to blame somebody else for the death of a close relative. Grief does funny things to people's mental states. But it also does not detract from the possibility that the mother may have faked the diaries as well, or at least maybe exaggerated them. A common tactic, when one has a campaign against someone else.

Why is it impossible to imagine that the "other neighbours" wouldn't have had a vendetta against her. It wouldn't be too far fetched that they were friends of the old lady who wrote the diary. Especially the ones who were neighbours of the "vicarage" where she was staying. It is a good bet that they didn't want "her sort" moving into their neighbourhood.

WOW.....talk about something from left field. :eek: I am surprised you didn't mention the Hitler diaries, or even the Clarke diaries. Really....what a pointless and ridiculous remark.

Not really – you are the one that refers to the Daily Heil (i.e. implicitly comparing one of our top selling papers to some Nazi publication)!

Why on earth would you assume this man – grieving for his mother – would forge diary entries about her treatment by Ms Frost and family to get free publicity in the Mail? Because that is effectively what you implied – perhaps the analogy is a little too subtle!
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really – you are the one that refers to the Daily Heil (i.e. implicitly comparing one of our top selling papers to some Nazi publication)!

Why on earth would you assume this man – grieving for his mother – would forge diary entries about her treatment by Ms Frost and family to get free publicity in the Mail? Because that is effectively what you implied – perhaps the analogy is a little too subtle!

There probably is an element of truth in the Mails story, obviously 11 children are going to make a noise and there will be a mess, although looking at the pictures I've seen a worse mess made by fewer children. But I believe that the Mail has exaggerated/embellished on the story especially as I pointed out in the other thread on this subject the Mail added this comment...

Undated: 'Iron bars on the back garden, also broken toys, smashing glass of the greenhouse with rocks sanitary towel soiled baby underclothes'

... after they had published the contents of the diary so it can't be confirmed.
  • guypdguypd Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nobody is going to invest any credibility in such nonsense. It doesn't suit the extreme left wing to see the benefit system in its worst possible light, so any fanciful mud that can be thrown in the other direction is worth it, however absurd.

Of course, this foul bitch is also a standard-bearer for the left, an excellent example of how to leech from the state and give nothing back. The kinship they feel with her is regrettably understandable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't believe I was being subtle at all. But it is no different to the accusation made about others, who want to publicise their grievance, as long as it fits the accuser's agenda. The whole point I was making was not "who did what," but simply the inability of others to look beyond the lies they are told to believe by the Daily Heil. Think for yourselves, people.

On which point I have no qualms in referring this rag to as the Daily Heil. From your point about being compared to a Nazi publication, you need to read more about the publication's history. But, from a more contemporary perspective, they do tend to support the more racist and bigoted views expressed by its readership.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guypd wrote: »
    Nobody is going to invest any credibility in such nonsense. It doesn't suit the extreme left wing to see the benefit system in its worst possible light, so any fanciful mud that can be thrown in the other direction is worth it, however absurd.

Of course, this foul bitch is also a standard-bearer for the left, an excellent example of how to leech from the state and give nothing back. after they had published the contents of the diary so it can't be confirmed understandable.The kinship they feel with her is regrettably

What isn't understandable though is your vehemence towards her and her family, it's not as though she is the only woman on benefits to have a large family. Maybe you could point some of your outrage towards the man/men who have got her pregnant then deserted her and the children.
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe I was being subtle at all. But it is no different to the accusation made about others, who want to publicise their grievance, as long as it fits the accuser's agenda. The whole point I was making was not "who did what," but simply the inability of others to look beyond the lies they are told to believe by the Daily Heil. Think for yourselves, people.

No, you were accusing many others of colluding to make up lies against this woman. You questioned the mental state of one of the people involved and concluded that a recently deceased person may well have faked evidence.

You've invented a whole wild conspiracy theory just because you can’t bring yourself to accept that there may well be some truth to a story reported in a couple of newspapers you dislike.

Give it up, please...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd argue that giving someone accused of such serious anti social behaviour a new house instead of evicting them is a reward.

So gummy, if their behaviour was bad do you think the council should have evicted the woman, her husband and 11 children, and if so where should they have gone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »
    No, you were accusing many others of colluding to make up lies against this woman. You questioned the mental state of one of the people involved and concluded that a recently deceased person may well have faked evidence.

And I don't see the issue. I am not allowed to make such suggestions? If I am not, I would love to hear why. All I am doing is indulging in the same journalistic values demonstrated by the Daily Heil, I would have thought you would have relished in it.
    You've invented a whole wild conspiracy theory just because you can’t bring yourself to accept that there may well be some truth to a story reported in a couple of newspapers you dislike.

But it seems to be the newspapers that tend to be a little bit hyperbolic when it comes to describing people on benefits, don't you think?
    Give it up, please...

I will, when this ridiculous nonsense stops.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I don't see the issue. I am not allowed to make such suggestions? If I am not, I would love to hear why. All I am doing is indulging in the same journalistic values demonstrated by the Daily Heil, I would have thought you would have relished in it.

Of course you are allowed to make suggestions, just as others will come back and tell you if they think they are a bit wacky!

Ah so your posts were just a bit of fun, a parody. It wasn't clear. Normally you are a very serious poster so it was a little out of character. Perhaps you need to flag it next time with a knowing wink :)
    But it seems to be the newspapers that tend to be a little bit hyperbolic when it comes to describing people on benefits, don't you think?

Newspapers are a little bit hyperbolic over many of the subjects they cover. I don't think we ever found out how this woman and her family came to be known to the media in the first place. In some instances they contact the media themselves - see some of the strange stories that pop up in the "real life" sections of some of the cheap weekly magazines...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So gummy, if their behaviour was bad do you think the council should have evicted the woman, her husband and 11 children, and if so where should they have gone?

That is not for me to say it would be entirely up to the council and housing association but I certainly don't think they should be kicked out on the street if that's what you're asking.

BTW you mention a husband, I thought she was on her own, but if the husband is there then why is all the hostility only directed at her ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course you are allowed to make suggestions, just as others will come back and tell you if they think they are a bit wacky!

Ah so your posts were just a bit of fun, a parody. It wasn't clear. Normally you are a very serious poster so it was a little out of character. Perhaps you need to flag it next time with a knowing wink :)

But I a little confused that you didn't just lap it up. you seemed very ready to believe the same story, but from a reverse perspective. Now that eh story has been presented to you from both sides, á la Daily Heil, which is the true story? Is it the evil mother of eleven, running riot and destroying the idyllic English countryside with her demonic brood, or is it the agrieved nutter, making false entries in his dead mother's diary? I suppose, as one of them is on benefits and the other has a dead pensioner mother, I can guess which one you you would be most ready to believe.
    Newspapers are a little bit hyperbolic over many of the subjects they cover. I don't think we ever found out how this woman and her family came to be known to the media in the first place. In some instances they contact the media themselves - see some of the strange stories that pop up in the "real life" sections of some of the cheap weekly magazines...

See, people do the strangest things when they involve the Daily Heil.
    Forum Member

On which point I have no qualms in referring this rag to as the Daily Heil. From your point about being compared to a Nazi publication, you need to read more about the publication's history. But, from a more contemporary perspective, they do tend to support the more racist and bigoted views expressed by its readership.

Oswald Mosley was a Labour MP and a Cabinet minister in a Labour government.

Applying your logic the Labour party also has links to Nazis – which is just as ridiculous as your analogy in respect of the Daily Mail.

You are talking about having an open mind – yet you seem to have a very closed mind in respect of this newspaper. Just as applies to the Guardian and other papers some stuff in the Mail is rubbish – but most of it is accurate.

And I have no doubt this 80 year old lady did suffer terribly from living next to Frost and Co for five years and the authorities did nothing to assist her while she was basically being terrorised – as a war widow she deserved better! Otherwise is to imply her son is a liar and forged her diary!

Just because her children need housing by the state – does not give her carte blanche to do what she wants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The comments after this newspaper report may answer that question.

Read more: http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Council-mansion-mum-11-Heather-Frost-enjoys/story-18381377-detail/story.html#ixzz2NFAMEb00
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the agrieved nutter, making false entries in his dead mother's diary.

The "aggrieved nutter", as you so charitably describe the son, doesn't appear to have been challenged by anyone as to the veracity of the diary. Neither does it make any logical sense to so do. You really do live in a leftist fantasy world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oswald Mosley was a Labour MP and a Cabinet minister in a Labour government.

Applying your logic the Labour party also has links to Nazis – which is just as ridiculous as your analogy in respect of the Daily Mail.

Oh dear...if you are going analogise, make it relevant. Mosley was not a Fascist, until after he left the Labour party. The Daily Heil were Nazi sympathisers after it became a newspaper. Two very different scenarios. The Labour party didn't seek to publicly sympathise with Nazis, this newspaper did. The owner of the newspaper at the time eulogised thus:
    "The minor misdeeds of individual Nazis would be submerged by the immense benefits the new regime is already bestowing upon Germany."

I would say that is quite different to your suggestion that it would be the same as Mosley being in the Labour party.
    You are talking about having an open mind – yet you seem to have a very closed mind in respect of this newspaper. Just as applies to the Guardian and other papers some stuff in the Mail is rubbish – but most of it is accurate.

Now that really is funny. :D I mean, there are whole websites set up to dispel the lies and myths created by this rag.
    And I have no doubt this 80 year old lady did suffer terribly from living next to Frost and Co for five years and the authorities did nothing to assist her while she was basically being terrorised – as a war widow she deserved better! Otherwise is to imply her son is a liar and forged her diary!

Just because her children need housing by the state – does not give her carte blanche to do what she wants.

And you believe this from a newspaper who brought us such headlines as, "Life Gives You Cancer?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "aggrieved nutter", as you so charitably describe the son, doesn't appear to have been challenged by anyone as to the veracity of the diary. Neither does it make any logical sense to so do. You really do live in a leftist fantasy world.

I see you have indulged in the epic failure of not actually read the post, never mind, I am pretty sure no one actually takes any notice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is not for me to say it would be entirely up to the council and housing association but I certainly don't think they should be kicked out on the street if that's what you're asking.

Well you were talking about eviction before, and asking why they had not been evicted if their behaviour was bad and indeed if they were being “rewarded” with a new house.

I don't think the council have any real choice, they have to house them so eviction isn't much of an option for a family of 13. We need to look forward to how taxpayers will not be encouraging such large families in the future, for example by limited benefits for children and housing benefits.
    BTW you mention a husband, I thought she was on her own, but if the husband is there then why is all the hostility only directed at her ?

She has a partner who is an unemployed lorry driver I believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I a little confused that you didn't just lap it up. you seemed very ready to believe the same story, but from a reverse perspective. Now that eh story has been presented to you from both sides, á la Daily Heil, which is the true story? Is it the evil mother of eleven, running riot and destroying the idyllic English countryside with her demonic brood, or is it the agrieved nutter, making false entries in his dead mother's diary? I suppose, as one of them is on benefits and the other has a dead pensioner mother, I can guess which one you you would be most ready to believe.

Nobody here is "evil", "demonic" or a "nutter". Your rather insensitive and insulting language tells us more about you than it does about the way I feel about people. I have never called her or her family any of the things you mention, and I have no knowledge of the mental state of the son. You are the one with the rather overactive imagination.
    See, people do the strangest things when they involve the Daily Heil.

I hope you feel better soon ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see you have indulged in the epic failure of not actually read the post, never mind, I am pretty sure no one actually takes any notice.

I read the post and my response doesn't exclude anything. As to noone noticing, I think your explosion of zeal today will have led to a lot MORE people noticing, on all fronts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read the post and my response doesn't exclude anything. As to noone noticing, I think your explosion of zeal today will have led to a lot MORE people noticing, on all fronts.

Aah,....I see, the inevitable threats of reporting my posts to the mods...I have not insulted anyone on this forum, I may have challenged the more absurd opinions and given alternatives to think about. But I am sorry, if feel you uncortable when those opinions are challenged.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you were talking about eviction before, and asking why they had not been evicted if their behaviour was bad and indeed if they were being “rewarded” with a new house.

Only because of the comment(s) that had been made in the post I was replying to.

I don't think the council have any real choice, they have to house them so eviction isn't much of an option for a family of 13. We need to look forward to how taxpayers will not be encouraging such large families in the future, for example by limited benefits for children and housing benefits.

I don't think councils can do anything either provided the children are being well cared for and are not being neglected so obviously she is a good mother. For some reason the media seem to have a vendetta against her. But will limiting benefits stop people having babies and what happens if it doesn't and more children have to be taken into care at an even greater cost. What will the tax payer think about that ?
    She has a partner who is an unemployed lorry driver I believe.

Well obviously she's had a partner or partners at sometime so why is she the only one getting any blame, surely the father/fathers are just as responsible for the children's up bringing as the mother.