Strictly - Back To The Ballroom! - Series Three

Comments

• Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Tess - I’m here with our safe celebrities; Kate and Sam! Sam, you were in the bottom two last week. How does it feel to be safely through to the quarter finals?

It feels amazing, I’m so overwhelmed right now. Thank you so much to everyone who voted - this feels amazing. We’ve got to work hard this week, but we’ll try and do you proud!

And Kate, what can you tell us about your two dances next week?

Well, we’re doing the Viennese Waltz and the Samba...! It’s going to be a fun, but challenging week in training I think!

Too right, but I bet you’ll do well. Thank you for chatting to us, and well done on being quarter finalists!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now it's time for a musical performance.

Earlier this year she stormed back into the top five albums chart with her folk inspired record Wanderlust. Singing her brand new single, The Deer And The Wolf, please welcome Sophie Ellis-Bextor!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Sophie Ellis-Bextor - that was brilliant!

So we have four couples left. But who is safe, and who is in danger? It’s time to find out.

Couples Remaining

Amy & Kevin
    Fearne & Pasha
    Julie & Vincent
    Siva & Iveta

In no particular order, dancing next Saturday are…
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ---AMY AND KEVIN---

Joining them will be...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ---FEARNE AND PASHA---

Couples Remaining

Julie & Vincent
    Siva & Iveta

So that means Julie & Vincent and Siva & Iveta, one of you is safe and one of you will be joining Mel & Robin in the bottom two. I can reveal the couple in the bottom two tonight is…
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ---SIVA AND IVETA :(---

Which means Julie & Vincent, you're through to next week's quarter final! Back to you Claudia!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’m back here with our newly safe celebrities; Amy, Fearne and Julie! Julie, you looked really upset there at the end. You’re in the quarter final - you should be thrilled! How are you feeling?

I’m just sad because Siva is such a lovely young man and a really good dancer, and I think I should be there instead of him. I’m so delighted to still be in the competition though, and to be dancing next week.

Amy and Fearne - top two on the leaderboard on Saturday night. How are you both feeling about being through to next week?

Oh we’re so pleased - every week really is a bonus. This week is going to be tough with two dances to tackle, but it’s going to be double the amount of fun!

You aren’t wrong there! Well done for getting through!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Thursday is going to be a very important day that could change Scotland forever.

To mark the importance of this independence referendum, please welcome our professional dancers dancing a Scottish Tango and United Kingdom Cha Cha Cha Fusion to I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers!
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel. :(
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Mel >:(
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,908
    Forum Member
    I think my last-minute championing of Julie and damning of Siva saved Mrs. Dawn Cole. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you to our amazing professional dancers!

Mel & Robin and Siva & Iveta, one of you is about to leave the competition for good. It’s the moment of truth.

Mel; Craig said that you had to be one of the least rhythmical celebrities to still be in the competition in week nine.

Siva; the judges thought you looked gormless and that your dance was missing a spark.

But did the public agree?

I can now reveal the couple leaving tonight, missing out on a place in the quarter final, is…
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ---MEL AND ROBIN :cry:---

Which means Siva & Iveta, you're through to the quarter final!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel, what's been your Strictly highlight? I'm sure there's been many!

Oh there's been so many. It's been an absolute joy to be here, and to still be here in week nine, enabling me to do my knees in with that Swing A Thon! Seriously though, my highlight has to be getting to learn a new dance each week with the bundle of fun that is Robin. I've enjoyed myself so much, and it wouldn't have been the same without him.

Thank you, Mel & Robin, now if you could please take to the floor for your last dance to Wild Horses by Susan Boyle!

Please join us for next Saturday's quarter final at 17.00, when our six remaining couples will take to the floor, this time dancing two unlearned dances, and one more couple will be eliminated. If you can't wait that long, you can check back on this thread where training updates, costume previews and loads more gossip will be posted.

Until then, keep dancing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    winter99 wrote: »
    Mel. :(
    Mel >:(

Sorry! :(
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    I think my last-minute championing of Julie and damning of Siva saved Mrs. Dawn Cole. :blush:

I assume you're glad she's through! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7. Mel Giedroyc & Robin Windsor (25.2)
    8. Andrew Flintoff & Natalie Lowe (27.9)
    9. Boris Becker & Katya Virshilas (22.4)
    10. Charlie Stayt & Flavia Cacace (27.8)
    11. Jane Moore & Ian Waite (25.8)
    12. Tim Wonnacott & Aliona Vilani (18.3)
    13. Tracey Emin & Brendan Cole (18.3)
    14. Faizon Love & Kristina Rhianoff (17.5)
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,908
    Forum Member
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    I assume you're glad she's through! :)

Julie Dawn Cole: the Fiona Fullerton that we truly deserved. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    • Fearne & Pasha - 4/5
    • Amy & Kevin - 3/1
    • Siva & Iveta - 5/1
    • Sam & Ola - 7/1
    • Julie & Vincent - 14/1
    • Kate & James - 20/1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    • Kate & James - 5/4
    • Julie & Vincent - 7/4
    • Siva & Iveta - 6/1
    • Sam & Ola - 8/1
    • Amy & Kevin - 12/1
    • Fearne & Pasha - 25/1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 Fearne & Pasha - 35.1
    2 Siva & Iveta - 33.8
    3 Sam & Ola - 31.7
    4 Julie & Vincent - 31.6
    5 Amy & Kevin - 31.2
    6 Kate & James - 29.3
    7 Andrew & Natalie - 27.9 (8th)
    8 Charlie & Flavia - 27.8 (10th)
    9 Jane & Ian - 25.8 (11th)
    10 Mel & Robin - 25.2 (7th)
    11 Boris & Katya - 22.4 (9th)
    12 Tracey & Brendan - 18.3 (13th)
    13 Tim & Aliona - 18.3 (12th)
    14 Faizon & Kristina - 17.5 (14th)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argentine Tango
    • Sam & Ola

Cha Cha Cha
    • Julie & Vincent

Charleston
    • Siva & Iveta

Foxtrot
    • Amy & Kevin
    • Julie & Vincent

Jive
    • Sam & Ola

Paso Doble
    • Amy & Kevin

Quickstep
    • Fearne & Pasha

Salsa
    • Fearne & Pasha

Samba
    • Kate & James

Tango
    • Siva & Iveta

Viennese Waltz
    • Kate & James
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy Macdonald, Fearne Cotton, Julie Dawn Cole, Kate Ford, Sam Strike and Siva Kaneswaran are the six celebrities that have made it through to Strictly Come Dancing's quarter final.

The BBC today released a promotional image of the six quarter finalists, as well as confirming that each celebrity will dance two unlearned dances along with their professional partner.

The Daily Mail caught up with singer Amy Macdonald, 27, who revealed she and dance partner Kevin Clifton would be dancing the Foxtrot and the Paso Doble. "It's going to be tougher than ever, but it's very exciting to be in the quarter final. The six of us are all so close, so it's going to be sad when one of us has to leave!"

Meanwhile former child actress Julie Dawn Cole, 56, is the oldest of the remaining contestants. She told us "I can't believe I'm still in the competition for the quarter final! Being the oldest contestant this series, I thought I'd be out by week five, so to be still in and tackling two dances this week is just amazing!"

Strictly Come Dancing's quarter final commences this Saturday at 17.00.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For their first dance in the Quarter Final, Julie and Vincent will be dancing the Cha Cha Cha. Julie thinks the Cha Cha Cha is deceptive; "you think that the Cha Cha Cha is easy because it's usually done at the start of the series, but it really isn't if you're not a big fan of Latin. There's so much emphasis on rhythm and your hips, and you have to have a cheeky grin on your face that whole time - I'm more likely to have a nervous laugh!" They will also be dancing the Foxtrot, and Vincent thinks this is going well. He tells us "Julie is about as classy as they come, which is ideal for the Foxtrot. Her petite frame is also nice because it means she doesn't fall over as much when we do lots of spinning - and this one has a lot of spinning!"