Ben Shephard, GMTV: Gayest acting presenter?

Comments

• dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is this good TV?
  • Pat's EarringsPat's Earrings Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fluffer wrote:
    Do you know what I really really hate about him? It's the way he refers to, 'THE WIFE', I can't stand that!

Thats just shows how desperate he is to prove he is straight. Yeah Ben we believe you. :rolleyes:
  • Steve1977Steve1977 Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People can be 'camp' without being gay, the two things are often linked together but invariably they are two seperate things.

However, it is sad to see someone like Ben Shepherd trying to act like a 35 year old Eamonn Holmes or some other 'older' presenter for the house wives.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve1977 wrote:
    People can be 'camp' without being gay, the two things are often linked together but invariably they are two seperate things.

However, it is sad to see someone like Ben Shepherd trying to act like a 35 year old Eamonn Holmes or some other 'older' presenter for the house wives.

He's "acting" 35 because he IS (almost) 35! Whereas Eamon is 47!
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I have heard that Ben is travelling around the world cos Fiona did not like sitting beside him on the sofa cos it made her look like his MUM!! I think he is lovely and I like Richard Hammond too!!
  • SPECKLEDUSTSPECKLEDUST Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard that Ben is travelling around the world cos Fiona did not like sitting beside him on the sofa cos it made her look like his MUM!! I think he is lovely and I like Richard Hammond too!!

Sending presenters round the world, why?. What a waste of money, what does the viewing public get from it?. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    I can think of someone from GMTV that id love them to send to the other side of the world, preferably with a one way ticket
    :p
  • JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no wish to cause offence to anyone, but does the lovely Ben not strike anyone else as the gayest acting presenter on television?

Toby Anstis is another one (although he is primarily on the radio right now). I always thought he was gay but he was recently dating Pop Idol reject Hayely Evetts (I think they had gone out for a year or so before anyone found out). Its the old debate though isn't it as to whether camp behaviour means someone is gay. My husband's local barber (there are two of them) are a typical example. You have the camp one who you think would be but in fact is married with several kids and as straight as a die and the butch straight-looking one with not a camp bone in his body who is 100% gay.
  • JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sazzy wrote:
    I can think of someone from GMTV that id love them to send to the other side of the world, preferably with a one way ticket
    :p

Ah, let me think. Does it have two names - the first one beginning with an F and the second a P???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started this thread, if you refer to the first post NOT by ACCUSING him of being gay, but asking if anyone else thought he acted as though he were. I'm sure he is very secure in his sexuality, I was merely seeing if anyone else thought his behaviour/mannerisms suggested it, and it would seem a fair number of people agree.

And words like "accuse" suggest that being gay is wrong or criminal, which I am pleased to say has not been the case for many years.

get over it mate, I was commenting on his 'behaviour' by his study of dance at uni. I'm not suggesting being gay is wrong/criminal etc, accuse is a word derived from accusation, ie saying he is gay because of his mannerisms etc is an accusation, which you suggested was the nature of the thread. I Don't want to offend you, but don't take it so seriously, it's only a messageboard after all!

all the best, Grant.mitchell
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Sending presenters round the world, why?. What a waste of money, what does the viewing public get from it?. :confused:

I think this is a brilliant idea (joke) from the American NBC. I can remember they sent their reporter from This Morning on a world trip. I cannot understand the point of it either!! I guess they must be in desperation to find something to entertain us so we can all take part in their daft phone in games and made money for GMTV. Where does all this money go to the company itself or to charity? Every day they keep advertising these games it drives me around the bend. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    The thing that struck me about Ben last year was that no sooner had his first child been born than he seemed to spend every day for the rest of 2005 appearing in an X-Factor brand programme. He kept on about the 'wife' and child on GMTV but could hardly ever have seen them.

Now he seems to have found a way to leave the country for GMTV. Is this man ever at home with the family?

By the way, I've been trying for ages to get a still of that moment when Ben dropped his shorts on "The Match" (or was it "X-Factor" auditions?) and revealed a tight, round bum. Any 'insiders' got access to the shot?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cally1970 wrote:
    I was more shocked by how young Ben Shepherd looks? How old is he???

Are you joking? He's 32 but got a face as lined as the Grand Canyon. I'm suspecting that sunbed-abuse has got a lot to do with his wrinkles.

Now, compare and contrast with his peer, Craig Doyle...

http://www.geocities.com/craigdoyleonline/craig005.jpg

The lovely Mr. Doyle is actually four years older than Ben Shephard.

As for his "campness"... When Shephard first entered my radar I wondered if he was modelling himself as a young Dale Winton.

Remember people, that camp doesn't equate to gay. Look at Tony Hart. Although he routinely wore neckerchiefs and unbuttoned shirts, he was happily married for YEARS - to a woman.
  • flufferfluffer Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Although he routinely wore neckerchiefs and unbuttoned shirts
    I'm sorry, I just find that so funny! :D
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JanieB wrote:
    I have no wish to cause offence to anyone, but does the lovely Ben not strike anyone else as the gayest acting presenter on television?

Toby Anstis is another one (although he is primarily on the radio right now). I always thought he was gay but he was recently dating Pop Idol reject Hayely Evetts (I think they had gone out for a year or so before anyone found out). Its the old debate though isn't it as to whether camp behaviour means someone is gay. My husband's local barber (there are two of them) are a typical example. You have the camp one who you think would be but in fact is married with several kids and as straight as a die and the butch straight-looking one with not a camp bone in his body who is 100% gay.

Precisely. I mean, remember Jeremy Spate - he of Airport fame and then became a contestant on every quiz programme going - now he was a camp as a row of tents and I have to admit at my shock when I discovered he was married :eek: .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fluffer wrote:
    I'm sorry, I just find that so funny! :D

It's funny because it's true! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Tony Hart.... neckerchiefs .....
    He also used to drive an open topped car whilst wearing a big floppy hat - and he was straight !!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    The thing that struck me about Ben last year was that no sooner had his first child been born than he seemed to spend every day for the rest of 2005 appearing in an X-Factor brand programme. He kept on about the 'wife' and child on GMTV but could hardly ever have seen them.

Now he seems to have found a way to leave the country for GMTV. Is this man ever at home with the family?

By the way, I've been trying for ages to get a still of that moment when Ben dropped his shorts on "The Match" (or was it "X-Factor" auditions?) and revealed a tight, round bum. Any 'insiders' got access to the shot?

I'm still waiting for a 'grab' of his bum! Can anyone help me?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for a 'grab' of his bum! Can anyone help me?

I believe a friend of mine has a copy of that - i'll see if i can get hold of it for you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know why Ben has now disappeared from Entertainment Today (his replacement is truly ghastly)?

As to the camp/gay factor - he is a bit sort of "metrosexual" and clearly loves his sharp suits (and I must say I love him in them) but I don't find him camp just nattily dressed. I wish he was gay but I don't really reckon he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Ben Shephard is absolutly gorgeous!! But don't take what I say seriously because I fancy Stephen Mulhern!!

According to my friend my taste is men went out of the window a long time ago!!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never seen the attraction in Ben Shepherd because I have always thought how effeminate he is.

But the new bloke on Entertainment Today really is a first-class knob.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matthew Wright seems to me to be the most gayest presenter, even though I understand he is not!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    Ben Shephard is absolutly gorgeous!! But don't take what I say seriously because I fancy Stephen Mulhern!!

According to my friend my taste is men went out of the window a long time ago!!
    Ben is hot I will agree you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshbabe wrote:
    Ben is hot I will agree you

:confused::confused::confused: