Options

Blackberry Bold to an Iphone 3gs.. problems with O2!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi!

I had a blackberry bold 9700 and swapped it for an iphone 3gs at the weekend, everyone said that o2 would be fine to change my internet tarrif from the blackberry data bolt on to the iphone bolt on - i've rang this morning and 02 at Carphone Warehouse have said that they do not deal with iphone data packages, have said they can put me on a regular data unlimited bolt on for a fiver more a month but can not guarantee this will work (also said they can't do this until the 3rd Dec so any data i use will be charged) - is this right? Has anyone had a similar issue and can advise me on what i should do?? Please help! I'm a useless woman with no idea about technology :cry::D

Comments

• Options
    fletchemfletchem Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is this "everyone" you refer to? If it is an official source you should have grounds to argue - if its family/forums/friends, then you're stuck with what you have. I think this is a case of doing a bit of research/asking questions of the right people before purchasing/swapping.
    Not sure how the iPhone data packages work on o2, but on my phone I went from a £35/month data inclusive tariff to a £30 per month + £5 for data. I am no worse off, it is just how many of the companies are doing it now.
    As to why you cannot do it until 3rd December - Pass. Probably a contract issue related to your billing cycle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i looked at some online forums and my friends have experience in working with Mobile phones / contracts etc ... My tarrif was 30 a month and now will be 35, which i dont really mind as long as i dont have extra data charges but the advisor has said he cannot 'guarantee' that this bolt on will work..
  • Options
    fletchemfletchem Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you may have to upgrade to an iPhone tariff. Alas some companies get pound signs in their eyes when the iPhone is mentioned so you may be paying more/getting less. I don't know what your allowances were with your BB.

HERE are the o2 iphone 3Gs tariffs.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    If you were an O2 customer then it would have been straightforward. However, you are a customer of Carphone Warehouse O2. Which was a seperate service provider, its important you make that clear when asking for advice as there are things that O2 do that CPW don't. They don't do iPhone specific tariffs, for example, so can't put you on one.
    Fortunately, for you CPW o2 is being wound down and when you come to upgrade you will be transferred to O2 proper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    If you were an O2 customer then it would have been straightforward. However, you are a customer of Carphone Warehouse O2. Which was a seperate service provider, its important you make that clear when asking for advice as there are things that O2 do that CPW don't. They don't do iPhone specific tariffs, for example, so can't put you on one.
    Fortunately, for you CPW o2 is being wound down and when you come to upgrade you will be transferred to O2 proper.

Yeah they've been saying that for years :rolleyes: (i used to work for cpw! :o ) even though they've lost the contract they are still upgrading people to stay with o2 @ cpw ...

Thing is i dont need the tarriff changed, i just need the bolt on's swapped from a Blackberry one to an Iphone one... will a normal 'internet unlimited bold on' work with an iphone or am i likely to get charges?? :confused: