Anyone else suffering from bad flu?

12346»

Comments

• NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well why ask on here when you know FM's aren't medically qualified? If you're that concerned you should go straight to the doctor, not bother with the lay folk of ds.
    This poster did not start the thread and was generally just giving an opinion.
  • clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't think I can ever remember a time when more people have been ill. Going in to work is like walking into a hospital ward, the amount of sniffing and coughing thats going on!

I feel like its only a matter of time before I catch something, knowing my luck I'll be ill over Christmas :(
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Here's a really easy solution for all those who absolutely without question definitely had flu. Next October, get a flu jab. £9.99 from the pharmacist at Morrisons, Tesco etc, only takes five minutes of your time. Has to be worth it. Then next winter you can be pretty sure that whatever ailment you get, it won't be flu.

My OH's non-flu ailment is almost better now after 15 days. Still coughing but not feeling too bad now. At last.:)
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natgar wrote: »
    This poster did not start the thread and was generally just giving an opinion.

No, but they did post about how ill they were, why do that and then poo poo other people's opinions as not being medically qualified. This is not a medical forum, so what do people expect?
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    One one my pet peeves is people saying they have the "flu" when they just have a cold. There is a world of difference between the two.

If you are able to function fairly normally but feel a bit rough then you have a cold. If you don't have the stength to get our of bed then it's the flu.

The last time I had the flu I was in bed for 3 days and the only think I could eat or drink was water. It's a very effective way to lose weight but the hallucinations were very freaky.

One of my pet peeves too. Its a if a bad cold doesn't sound bad enough so people say flu, often while sitting at their desk working!

I have had flu twice and I remember it taking me forever to muster up the strength to pop along to the loo.
  • stormin normstormin norm Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Lippincote wrote: »
    Here's a really easy solution for all those who absolutely without question definitely had flu. Next October, get a flu jab. £9.99 from the pharmacist at Morrisons, Tesco etc, only takes five minutes of your time. Has to be worth it. Then next winter you can be pretty sure that whatever ailment you get, it won't be flu.

My OH's non-flu ailment is almost better now after 15 days. Still coughing but not feeling too bad now. At last.:)

The flu vaccination only protects again 3 types of influenza virus, so I'm afraid it is still perfectly possible to get the flu after being vaccinated.
    Natgar wrote: »
    If you are not sure if its a cold or flu why don't you use http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/interactive/interactivetests/coldorflu.php?mode=go
    although I cannot attest to its reliability because although its a medical symptom checker it does not mention 'not being able to get out of bed at all' as a clear flu indication. So perhaps its better to stick to the DS check/:D

Doesn't matter how many times you repeat it people won't change their opinion. If you can get out of bed, you haven't got the flu. DS FACT.

As I said earlier in the thread (info taken from a medical textbook)....The flu does not necessarily confine you to bed. Symptoms vary from mild to severe, (rarely leading to death). Severity depends on the type of virus you are infected with and the capability of your immune system.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but they did post about how ill they were, why do that and then poo poo other people's opinions as not being medically qualified. This is not a medical forum, so what do people expect?

People like to compare notes. :)

Why is this whole thing bothering some people so much? Let it go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Simone17 wrote: »
    One of my pet peeves too. Its a if a bad cold doesn't sound bad enough so people say flu, often while sitting at their desk working!

I have had flu twice and I remember it taking me forever to muster up the strength to pop along to the loo.

One of my pet peeves is people speaking crap.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    People like to compare notes. :)

Why is this whole thing bothering some people so much? Let it go.

It's not bothering me, I was the one that asked why people were getting in such a tiz about so called 'judgements' on an anonymous forum. I haven't had a bad flu/cold at all this year, so doesn't affect me directly one way or t'other. Goodnight:)