Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 19)

Comments

• mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Plant wrote: »
    I agree with this. It feels like they are not dealing with any of the Brendan issues at all at the moment. Instead he has cute scenes with the kids and has rows and then makes up with Ste. I'm beginning to suspect that as with Mitzee his leaving story will last a week and they will just stuff everything in with no real resolution. I think they should have ended the Walker storyline ages ago and have his leaving storyline being about his Dad.

Yeah I agree. It's a shame that they have feel the need to pile everything on with a trowel when there was plenty of interesting stuff to explore with just Seamus, Cheryl and Ste finding out, even including Brendan's awkward parenting of the kids with Seamus undermining him. In fact all the Seamus stuff has been great, but since Walker's return they just keep throwing grenades in Brendan's path with no time to explore anything. Walker could have been left for the final week if they wanted some sort of showdown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnthonyL wrote: »
    I'm wondering though if Patrick is gay as well and he'll be JP's new man. I think they might save Doug for one of the new Roscoe bros.

Oh please, NO. I don't want Patrick to be gay. He is definitely one for the ladies. Not a ladies man but one for the girls to swoon over, argue over.

Oh my what a surprise . :eek: :rolleyes:

I kinda really like the JP Doug Ste thing. Exciting times and I've missed these characters.

Another predictable twosome that I really hope does not happen. Doug has been spoiled beyond all recognition and is now a character derided by a lot of viewers. JP should just get on with his life as a teacher and a new dad.

Ste should remember he is with the love of his life now and Doug is not included in his life any more. What an appalling plot.
    Forum Member
    Considering Ste's just lost his kids and for some reason Brendan's in Ireland, I'm not surprised if Ste's feeling lonely rather than any sort of crazy romantic jealousy.

I like the casting for Dodger and Sienna's mum, from what I've seen of her in other dramas, she's fairly decent. Although she's very well spoken and so I'll imagine she'll be pretty posh - seems like her and Laaahndan Dirk would be pretty mismatched.
  • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    I share the same concerns that time is running out for us to get a satisfactory conclusion to Brendan's story before his exit. :(

If he keeps disappearing from episodes for weeks at a time, this close to the end, I really don't think they're going to do it justice, which would be a terrible shame given how big a chatacter Brendan has been.

I don't really like the Seamus stuff, but since the show have gone there, surely they need to address it properly? It's barely been touched upon at all for weeks. All we've seen of Brendan recently is a few brief little domestic scenes where he's playing Daddy to Leah. Cute, yes, but it's not what's important at this stage of the game.

Bearing in mind how badly HOs seem to do in resolving any of their major storylines satisfactorily, I think I'd better set the bar for my expectations pretty low.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Esther video is up on docyou

http://docyou.e4.com/open-your-eyes
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watching the docyou vid. I wish it would come out about all the nasty things maddie ruby and sinead did to Esther but obviously now the storyline is over it won`t.
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    Emmet j scanlan just thanked for being voted 1st in character poll:) he must check here alot if he notices the polls ect
    Forum Member
    Emmet j scanlan just thanked for being voted 1st in character poll:) he must check here alot if he notices the polls ect

It came up on his Twitter timeline I think :).
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    It came up on his Twitter timeline I think :).

ah no chance of him being one of us undercover then:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to have mother Savage arrive and make accusations about Patrick which caused her to leave. Doesn't yet explain why she left Dirk too though. I'm going to guess that Anna has some kind of mental health issues
  • Ellie_DollieEllie_Dollie Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »

Ste should remember he is with the love of his life now and Doug is not included in his life any more. What an appalling plot.

Exactly! Why would he be interested in what Doug is doing. Considering Amy has just taken his kids and Brendan's gone back to Ireland (although why he's gone back there when Eileen told him before she and their own children didn't want anything to do with him I don't know).
    I would have thought Ste would be more concerned about what was going on there then anything to do with Doug, he's served his purpose by getting in the way for eight long months :mad:

I agree with what others have said, as this is Brendan's 'final furlong' they should be concentrating more on him and leave all this other stuff for when he's gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    You won't find many people agreeing around here! :p
    Lol I know. Someday I expect to be kicked off here for having too many unusual opinions :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »
    Another predictable twosome that I really hope does not happen. Doug has been spoiled beyond all recognition and is now a character derided by a lot of viewers. JP should just get on with his life as a teacher and a new dad.

It'd make an interesting story. Both guys are kinda alone and Doug's breakup was unbearably sad so he should get to be crazy happy.
    I still like Doug. But perhaps thats because I take him as he is, not as he used to be years ago.
    And I don't expect Ste to have a moral compass about relationships. He was like throwing himself at someone else before and after he got married.. And btw he's still married so they should really do something about that.
    I don't believe in love of life type things - specially if that conflicts with ethics.

Its all great drama and good entertainment and I hope all these characters stick around for a long time.
  • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    It'd make an interesting story. Both guys are kinda alone and Doug's breakup was unbearably sad so he should get to be crazy happy.
    I still like Doug. But perhaps thats because I take him as he is, not as he used to be years ago.
    And I don't expect Ste to have a moral compass about relationships. He was like throwing himself at someone else before and after he got married.. And btw he's still married so they should really do something about that.
    I don't believe in love of life type things - specially if that conflicts with ethics.

Its all great drama and good entertainment and I hope all these characters stick around for a long time.

I don't think there's very much that can be done about it, not for some time at least.

As the law stands on civil partnerships in the UK at the moment, you have to wait at least 12 months before you can apply for a dissolution. There aren't any grounds for an annulment, as neither party was under 16 or married/in a CP with somebody else.

The wedding was a ridiculous idea, I can't for the life of me fathom why HOs took it that far. They still could have had all the drama without Ste & Doug actually getting hitched and being miserably married for a few weeks. Totally pointless.

Or maybe it's because they need to have some obstacles lined up for a Doug/JP/Ste triangle, after Brendan has departed. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened overnight that I am unaware of, that suddenly we have a new thread. Has it yet been mentioned as to why Doug is back as he had to go back to the States and move everyone over there as his Dad has Parkinson's disease, which is definitely incureable, if fact why was this SL even introduced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    ah no chance of him being one of us undercover then:D

He has previously stated on twitter that he does read these forums!
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    What happened overnight that I am unaware of, that suddenly we have a new thread. Has it yet been mentioned as to why Doug is back as he had to go back to the States and move everyone over there as his Dad has Parkinson's disease, which is definitely incureable, if fact why was this SL even introduced.

Things got Abit heated i expect someone reported it and it got closed , Hopefully things will be ok this time:)
  • DeputyGuttersonDeputyGutterson Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    Has it yet been mentioned as to why Doug is back as he had to go back to the States and move everyone over there as his Dad has Parkinson's disease, which is definitely incureable, if fact why was this SL even introduced.

I get the feeling that once again, this had nothing to do with Doug having a storyline, and more to do with furthering Ste's. It was to get Doug out of the way basically, but under the guise of him having something serious to deal with. Which may never be mentioned again. Until his father's death is needed to further some other plot.
  • Everlong GirlEverlong Girl Posts: 1,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doug certainly appears very chipper for someone who's Father was so ill that he needed to move back to the USA straight away.

I find Doug a very confusing character (a lot to do with the character re-writes I guess)

He was so devestated with the murder of 'the love of his life' Bex that he wanted to kill himself and was depressed. But when his 'best friend' gets killed, his husband nearly dies, his Father is seriously ill and his husband dumps him in the space of 2 months he hardly bats an eyelid other than the odd little tantrum and is now as happy as larry??? I don't get it??? :confused::confused:
  • GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I kinda really like the JP Doug Ste thing. Exciting times and I've missed these characters.

I really like this idea too. I think JP is one of my favourite characters. And Ste is going to need to start interacting with others again pretty soon. Not sure if he is going to go back to Doug though- I suppose it depends on how Brendan bows out.
  • PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are making Ste jealous over PJ now doesn't that suggest the show doesn't want Stug to die properly? Maybe after Brendan goes we'll get another boring triangle with Doug being the one in the middle. :yawn:
  • Everlong GirlEverlong Girl Posts: 1,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are making Ste jealous over PJ now doesn't that suggest the show doesn't want Stug to die properly? Maybe after Brendan goes we'll get another boring triangle with Doug being the one in the middle. :yawn:

Why can't they accept Stug has died a death and not inflict re-hashed plots on us so soon after the original just aired???

Maybe Ste is just feeling a little bit protective of Doug as a friend and doesn't trust JP - seeing as how he found him in bed with Brendan?!

Doug is always going to be the bridesmaid in his relationships if he has relationships with men who've had huge lovestories:

Stendan
    McDean
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree with everyone about the timing of mitzeee and brendan's storylines. that's what i meant before about mitzeee's - she's leaving this week but it all just feels soo damn rushed.

and as for brendan's....why is he never on screen anymore except for 10 seconds to give ste a kiss on the cheek on his way to work and the odd scene with leah??? where the hell has seamus gone?! i was so excited for the arrival of Pa Brady and it started off so brilliantly, but then it just randomly stopped and we haven't seen seamus at all except a few seconds getting drunk at the pub! his sexual abuse should have been THE major story...the reveals to cheryl and ste...cheryl struggling to come to terms with it and her whole world changing...and most importantly brendan actually facing up to the monstrosity that destroyed his life forever head on and learning to deal with it. that's a frickin' goldmine of a story. i can't for the life of me figure out why they're not properly utilising it.
    i'm not actually interested in kevin, and the ste stuff is boring me. i'm just hoping that walker has some pretty wonderfully devious plans up his sleave for "how to destroy brendan brady" that involve seamus in a major way and really kick off soon.

the latest sopilers about ste and doug though.....wtf?
    why?
    why would ste actually give a flying shit?...he most definitely has more important things going on in his life, and he hasn't exactly spared doug a second thought so far. i'm assuming that the spoilers are exaggerating things and it's not actually got anything to do with doug, but more so to do with the fact that ste and jp always hated each other if memory serves me, and apparently jp goades him and undermines him quite a lot infront of the students. i can see ste's reaction being much more likely if he's already upset about brendan and the kids both being gone and then jp starts calling him stupid infront of everyone.

and given that this is HO, i'm also assuming that we're supposed to just conviently forget about doug's seriously ill father being the reason he left his "failing/dead on it's feet" business to go to america in the first place, and propably also forget that he and ste are married. (if that is brought up, then i'd also quite like it brought up that brendan and jp slept together in dublin too...that would be funny)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

my worst nightmare.

i'm already feeling dubious about continuing to watch the show for long after brendan and mitzeee go. the prospect of yet another love triangle involving ste and doug again but this time replacing brendan with the much less interesting jp, on top of a new party of "male mcqueens" to go with the existing bunch and the blasted savages left right and center does not endear me.
    and that is not the 'major storyline' i was hoping kieron would be getting post brendan.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Why can't they accept Stug has died a death and not inflict re-hashed plots on us so soon after the original just aired???

Maybe Ste is just feeling a little bit protective of Doug as a friend and doesn't trust JP - seeing as how he found him in bed with Brendan?!

Doug is always going to be the bridesmaid in his relationships if he has relationships with men who've had huge lovestories:

Stendan
    McDean
    BIB - And who have had Brendan.
This discussion has been closed.