Options

Not having a favourite

strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Normally I pick a favourite early on (for example Kimberly was my fave last year) and I can't remember not having a favourite going into the final. This year though I like them all. Susannah is probably my least favourite but I love Sophie, Natalie and Abbey equally. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. From the start, I felt I would be able to back someone out of Natalie, Sophie, and Abbey, but none of them have delivered what I wanted them to. I really like all three as personalities, but Sophie hasn't lived up to the potential of the charleston and I feel like Artem has failed Natalie with the choreography in that she really should have produced more wow dances given her ability. On balance, Abbey is perhaps the most deserving but the judges have kind of ruined that - the thing that will stick in my mind is that she holds the record for the samba and salsa and absolutely does not deserve to. It's testament to how likeable she is that I still do, because that level of overmarking will usually put me right off.

I just wish any of them could have put up more of a fight against the Susanna juggernaut. It's all a bit lacklustre.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Normally I pick a favourite early on (for example Kimberly was my fave last year) and I can't remember not having a favourite going into the final. This year though I like them all. Susannah is probably my least favourite but I love Sophie, Natalie and Abbey equally. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes but for me its not a new experience. It is rare for me to attach my colours to a contestant. I have had some slight preferences from time to time. But generally I don't mind who wins and I don't see it as a proper competition as I might Wimbledon, The Olympics or even X factor (not that I watch X Factor.
  • Options
    BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't mind who wins. between Sophie, Natalie and Abbey.
    Though Abbey shoots herself in the foot, because she's not clever enough to thank her voters.
    They are by far, the best three dancers left.

It's annoying therefore, to see that Susannah is the hot favourite with the bookies.
    I can see why, of course. She's in people's homes every morning (on tv) so some viewers think they 'know' her, and she really goes for the big 'thank you's... But if she wins, it makes a joke of the whole thing... It's supposed to be a dancing contest after all.
  • Options
    Sally Mander2Sally Mander2 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Yes but for me its not a new experience. It is rare for me to attach my colours to a contestant. I have had some slight preferences from time to time. But generally I don't mind who wins and I don't see it as a proper competition as I might Wimbledon, The Olympics or even X factor (not that I watch X Factor.
    Indeed, many (but not all) of these celebrities have multimillionaire lifestyles and move in elitist circles. But it wouldn't be the same if they chose bus-drivers, steel workers, or supermarket shelf - stackers to replace the celebs. There is no equivalent of x-factor / the voice for dance. There used to be a "So You can Think you can dance" UK show open to job public but it just wasn't popular enough.