Options

Nick and Margaret: Too Many Immigrants?

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's cheaper because they're sharing.
    If 19 UK people wanted to do it they could except they don't because they want a room to themselves and don't want to share.

We fought for better living conditions. Why would UK residents want to erode those rights.

Work should pay more, not workers live on less.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    English Language schools.... we know all about them don't we?
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is funny, foreigners teaching foreigners how to speak English and to learn about our country - A country they are not familiar with ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aaaa "Mind Your Language" - that was a good comedy. But would not be allowed today..lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I think this is funny, foreigners teaching foreigners how to speak English and to learn about our country - A country they are not familiar with ..

The Government allow language schools because it brings in money for the country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They don't even speak particularly good English themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

French lady can't speak English like wot I do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Makes it more understandable why the english is bad with some foreigners..if they are being taught by their own kind well it does make more sense.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife is Polish and her dad has lived here since 2004.. Her younger brother has never left Poland. I couldn`t believe when I found out her Dad was paid child benefit for his son for 7 years until his son was 18 even though he`d never been here :o
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    It's like that in Gravesend now..

Also I think in my town we have more Eastern Europeans coming in that ever now... Well it does feel like that when you walk down the high street and they are gabbling away to themselves..

And your problem is? I "gabble" away to myself and friends/family as well when I'm walking down the street. Why would I want you to know my business? I don't have anything to tell you and neither do they. So as far as you're concerned for all the input you would have into my conversation, I could be speaking another language...so why do you care if they do it in Polish?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He doesn't want to be inside, he said after applying for a warehouse job. rolleyes
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Russell brand used to teach in one of those he said he used to shag all the women :D thats why he got sacked. Seemed like that particular school had no standards hiring him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BTW it's funny you lot going on earlier about "typical BBC programme". This thread has turned into "typical DS immigrant thread".
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So - I wonder if he might be able to find a job if he stopped being so picky.

Even if he doesn't love the first job he gets, at least he would have something on his cv.

Why is he looking for jobs for £25-£28k?
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agency's are a rip off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And your problem is? I "gabble" away to myself and friends/family as well when I'm walking down the street. Why would I want you to know my business? I don't have anything to tell you and neither do they. So as far as you're concerned for all the input you would have into my conversation, I could be speaking another language...so why do you care if they do it in Polish?

It's not that I care, it's the fact that there are more and more coming into the town then ever. Heck Morrisons has a distribution centre here and out of all the employees there 1% are english.. It makes it a very unpleasant place to work for the english people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW it's funny you lot going on earlier about "typical BBC programme". This thread has turned into "typical DS immigrant thread".

and you represent the other side..... we are all entitled to an opinion whether or not you happen to agree with it.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We fought for better living conditions. Why would UK residents want to erode those rights.

Work should pay more, not workers live on less.

That's a separate issue though isn't it.
    It's not something that's the fault of immigrants.

The big bosses and property owners are peeing themselves that instead of them getting the blame and being pressured into changing everything is being blamed on Johnny Foreigner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    So - I wonder if he might be able to find a job if he stopped being so picky.

Even if he doesn't love the first job he gets, at least he would have something on his cv.

Why is he looking for jobs for £25-£28k?

Because if UK workers had no competition from immigrants, companies would have to pay more to employ the UK workers.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    This guy and his girlfriend look like proper chavs to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a separate issue though isn't it.
    It's not something that's the fault of immigrants.

The big bosses and property owners are peeing themselves that instead of them getting the blame and being pressured into changing everything is being blamed on Johnny Foreigner.

Of course it is the fault of immigrants.

They are eroding our rights. And yet it is also the fault of Landlords and bosses for allowing it to happen too.

Which is why they like immigrants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and you represent the other side..... we are all entitled to an opinion whether or not you happen to agree with it.

I don't honestly care one way or another. Difference is it is like water off a duck's back to me compared to some of you guys frothing at the mouth over it all.

Some just need a reality check about the 21st century. Guess what? Borders are becoming less relevant around the world. 20th century nationalism is long dead and people are vastly more mobile. You can move to any western country you want if Britain is repulsing you so. Go to Australia, America, Germany etc etc and you will be meet with all the same problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    With 19 people paying rent compared to 4 or 5 UK residents, it is no wonder a landlord wants the immigrants.

Even at £55 each, that is more than 4 UK residents would pay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't honestly care one way or another. Difference is it is like water off a duck's back to me compared to some of you guys frothing at the mouth over it all.

Some just need a reality check about the 21st century. Guess what? Borders are becoming less relevant around the world. 20th century nationalism is long dead and people are vastly more mobile. You can move to any western country you want if Britain is repulsing you so. Go to Australia, America, Germany etc etc and you will be meet with all the same problems.

If you think nationalism is dead.... think again. Nationalist parties are doing very well across Europe. Do you know London? , do you know the South East? Have you seen the problems that go on here? Britain doesn't repulse me, the morons in Government who have allowed our country to become the way it is now repulse me. I don't froth at the mouth either.
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I applied for a job at mcdonalds once and they told me I was overqualified because i had GCSE's!! :o Makes you wonder what they want exactly.