Will the photo hacking harm Jennifer Lawrence's career?

13»

Comments

• The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    What's different about people seeing her naked body in a film and seeing her naked body in pictures that got took by her? She's not with anyone according to Wikipedia.

There's a world of difference.

When she's getting naked in a film she's in control of what happens and what gets released into the public domain. When private pictures are taken of her, presumably she's still in control, but doesn't authorise the pictures to be made public - hence it's a violation of her privacy.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a world of difference.

When she's getting naked in a film she's in control of what happens and what gets released into the public domain. When private pictures are taken of her, presumably she's still in control, but doesn't authorise the pictures to be made public - hence it's a violation of her privacy.

Yeah, but her breasts will be on display and maybe her down below as well. I see what you're saying, but there won't be that much left to see. Unless she's had a close-up of her down below taken which will be in detail.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but her breasts will be on display and maybe her down below as well. I see what you're saying, but there won't be that much left to see. Unless she's had a close-up of her down below taken which will be in detail.

But her body isn't the issue. It's what she decides should be publicly accessible and what shouldn't that's the issue.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's different about people seeing her naked body in a film and seeing her naked body in pictures that got took by her? She's not with anyone according to Wikipedia.

I don't think she's ever done a nude scene.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I don't think she's ever done a nude scene.
    Checked Mr Skin, can confirm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Biggest difference is one is done with consent to share with the public and one isn't. You do understand that the pictures were stolen, right? She didn't release these pictures.

It doesn't matter if she's dating someone or not. Its all about consent.
  • IanPIanP Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't harm her career in most areas. It may mean she doesn't get offered films aimed at young children and it may harm her ability to charge high fees for doing nudity in future rolls. She didn't need the publicity that nude pictures and sex tape leaks can bring to propel minor celebrities to major stars, so it won't be the career boost it may be for many of the women involved most of which I'd never heard of. I bet there were as many angry women in Hollywood thinking why isn't my name on that list of targeted celebs as there were relieved ones. Jennifer Lawrence's career destiny is still in her own hands, she's done nothing wrong and she has the talent, looks and star power to have a long and very successful career. This wont stop the public enjoying watching her films and it wont stop the movie makers employing her.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any of the images, but I can imagine that some of the people could now be seen in a different light, including Lawrence and Brown Findlay. I'm not blaming them, but was really surprised to learn that so many of them have such pictures of themselves. Maybe, that's because I'm the type of person who wouldn't do that myself.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    How many Oscar winners have posed? It's not exactly high on an actor's list. Is it?

The credibility of the Oscars vs Playboy would be an interesting debate, as both are shit :p
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any of the images, but I can imagine that some of the people could now be seen in a different light, including Lawrence and Brown Findlay. I'm not blaming them, but was really surprised to learn that so many of them have such pictures of themselves. Maybe, that's because I'm the type of person who wouldn't do that myself.

Its pretty common in relationships. Right back to when Polaroids came out, people do it is a sort of little treat for their partner, or together for fun. Its harmless really and it was never intended to be public.