Options

Anton du Beke- Does he have a chance of winning this year ?

Vexed womanVexed woman Posts: 801
Forum Member
✭✭
Poor old Anton, with competitive Judy Murray could he make it to the final.
Your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your thoughts.

Poor Anton indeed with Judy on his case.
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately Anton can't dance Latin and therefore always mucks around when doing it so any partner he has hasn't got a chance. I remember the time Nancy's feather boa got caught instead of just wiping it off quickly like the other dancers would have done he made a big song and dance about untangling it.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Of realism not a chance. :(
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Doubt he ever will
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, did you see Judy in the group dance? :o
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    LazySusan wrote: »
    Unfortunately Anton can't dance Latin and therefore always mucks around when doing it so any partner he has hasn't got a chance. I remember the time Nancy's feather boa got caught instead of just wiping it off quickly like the other dancers would have done he made a big song and dance about untangling it.

Sadly I agree. I was hoping Judy would get someone decent and that Alison would go with Anton.

Think professional dancers should be able to do both Latin and Ballroom before they are allowed with anyone.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the thing that irks me about Anton as much as anything, is that he would be perfectly able to get through an adequate enough routine of whatever salsambadiscocha was on the rota in any given week - it's just that he doesn't seem to want to. That's where he lets his celeb down.
  • Options
    MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your thoughts.

As my old Dad used to say "he's got about as much chance as an celluloid dog chasing an asbestos cat through the fires of Hades".

She may manage some passable Ballroom with him - though as someone else mentioned she didn't impress in the group dance - but he as is not capable of decent Latin, and clearly has no respect for it, there's no chance there.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.

Love Judy but she was pants last night. Hopefully it was just nerves and not a total lack of musicality.

She has three weeks to sort it out.

If not - so looking forward to their latin dances (assuming they survive) :D
  • Options
    streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anton always seems to be in his "taking the pee" mode. Has he ever taken strictly seriously? (good for him if he hasn't) ;-)
  • Options
    Vexed womanVexed woman Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So following on from your answers, I won't be getting down to William Hill's to put a bet on any time soon. :)

Off to Paddy Power,to put a bet on the return of Anton's white pants. :D
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    streetwise wrote: »
    Anton always seems to be in his "taking the pee" mode. Has he ever taken strictly seriously? (good for him if he hasn't) ;-)
    He took it seriously in the first few series.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    He took it seriously in the first few series.

I think when Lesley was Chris Parker'ed from the final in series one, he understood exactly what the jig was and getting Esther Rantzen in series 2 just kept him on that path ^_^
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Not a hope! I actually think it will be Anton's fanbase alone that keeps Judy in the show for a few weeks.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Judy.

Lumbered with Tony :(
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no, unfortunately not

if it was a just a ballroom comp then maybe but no

bless him

I do think he will have alot of fun with Judy tho
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    snafu65 wrote: »
    No, did you see Judy in the group dance? :o

I did and she was JUST as bad as ANN WIDDECOMBE! :D
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    Poor Judy.

Lumbered with Tony :(

Touche! ;-)
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    I think the thing that irks me about Anton as much as anything, is that he would be perfectly able to get through an adequate enough routine of whatever salsambadiscocha was on the rota in any given week - it's just that he doesn't seem to want to. That's where he lets his celeb down.

I am with you there, also he invites the audience to laugh AT his partners, which is never an attractive trait. Unless Judy knocks him into shape and makes him take things seriously I very much doubt he will make it beyond his normal midway position.
  • Options
    soexcitedsoexcited Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Anton is excellent at ballroom and i think judy will demonstrate her skills in that. Based on the group dance she'll struggle in Latin. Wld another pro have been able to do anything more dynamic with her, i doubt it. Anton wont have the comedy factor to rely on like previously. He'll choreograph to her strengths like he did with Fiona. Judy is a sportswoman will work hard and will be competitive, as she is not an actress her lack of performance will be the challenge
    I like the pairing
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would LOVE to see Anton win, he cracks me up and i really enjoy watching him so i love it when he gets partnered with someon who can actually move :D
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people really need to go on YouTube and see the old pro routines. Anton can dance Latin, he just can't choreograph. But all the pros get help with choreo, most obvious example being Denise and James' famous Charleston or any time Brendan does an AT.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vile vile runt of a man.
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    I don't think Anton has a chance of winning with Judy. She'll certainly try hard but watching her in the group dance made me think she won't last long. I'm not mad about Anton and don't understand why he has so many fans. He's OK but it's a miracle he is still in Strictly after all these years, especially when you consider who has been dropped in the past, eg Darren and Lilia, Matthew Cutler and, most of all, Ian Waite. What is so special about Anton? Give me Artem or Robin any day in preference to him. However, credit where credit is due, Anton is a marvellous dancer.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cody1 wrote: »
    i would LOVE to see Anton win, he cracks me up and i really enjoy watching him so i love it when he gets partnered with someon who can actually move :D

This.

I've seen Anton dance live on his tour with Erin and he's great. I don't get what people don't like about him.