I think what Perez said may have just killed BB forever for hardcore fans

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Agreed. No matter how much a HM is hated, BOTS never boos anyone, except John McCrirck as a joke. Those boos did not come from the audience, if they did, then they may have been told to.

Ditto with that bloke who always seems to be standing beside Emma at every eviction shouting "Get **** out".....I imagine he's a producer.
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    This is pretty much my biggest problems with the show. It's gone to s**t.

It really has.

I don't mind a HM I don't like winning, as long as it's done fairly and as far as I'm concerned, orchestrated social media campaigns, betting consortiums and producer meddling has turned this into a farce of a show.
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    It really wouldn't
    when they messed up and production were in the house numerous times they laughed it off. "oh it was this and that", Rarely it would happen in the C4 days only when something major had occurred. The entire concept as we saw yesterday flooding the house with outside information its basically mutated the format into Reality Soap.

this entire series has been about conflict they saw the ratings provide Channel 5 with some of its best numbers they wanted more and they wanted it sustained. A lot of us were talking on Twitter few weeks ago and I suspect get ready for all the information
    Perez wont care he will be back in the USA. And no doubt they will dismiss everything again.

It become clear few weeks ago the Cost issue was never the real reason the feed didn't return (that came directly from the boss of the show), The level of control they have over everything is just unreal. but again we saw tonight Emma being stumped when an Evicted HM asked had they seen the footage after the event she hadn't and that entire line of Questioning died on the spot.

I hope actually Emma drops this show and gets a better Gig because until the producers realise this isn't reality soap this setup is just going to keep exposing the current farce of the format which only they (endemol) can change by Telling Channel 5 enough is enough.

the summer series will be filled with the same people as last year and it will drag itself to a crap winner again who producers will deem "amazing" like they did about last years winner.
    So so true, well put.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - I'm sure Alex wanted out, but I wondered at the time why they didn't show the diary room interview?

As a Perez supporter, I would have preferred to keep Perez in the show than Alex. They are making a TV show at the end of the day. Not sure how interesting it would have been without Perez this year. It was pretty dull in the main house while Perez was in the secret room.

Unless Alex leaving was maybe a pre-arranged thing between him and the show? Perhaps he was expecting to be evicted early on and if that didn't happen it was put in his contract that he could walk and still keep his fee.
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    Also think its worth remembering. Since the move to Channel 5.
    the show now has a Story Editor now there's only one reason they are employed and that's the edit the Stories and given this is supposed to be about totally unique events that would make that job almost impossible unless they create situations (like conflict) and keep them going.

That's not quite true.

A Story Editor in reality TV terms usually works in post production, ensuring there is a coherent storyline in each episode. They don't usually have a say in manipulating the action - instead they take the existing footage and make it into a storyline.

If BB didn't have a Story Editor in the ch4 days I would hazard a guess it could be to do with the fact that it is a fairly new, and non standard job title within reality television (as traditionally Story Editor is used within fully scripted television in pre-production, and it's meaning is different). It was likely under a different job title.

Again, not arguing the show isn't manipulated but think people read too much into an arbitrary job title.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Nobody seems to have noticed but Perez said something on live feed last week about the ratings being sky high for this series.

Yep, and on Live Feed I heard someone in the background (sounded like Callum) say "Well there are 3m people watching us". I know before people say, yes, that could have been a guess on his part as that was similar to what last January said, but you never know. Lets not forget last Jan, when the series was extended twice, the HMs were told and Jim said the same thing about being "the most watched".

Compare that to BB11, when Josie said "There's 8m people watching us" and we all laughed and thought "yeah you wish". They obviously weren't told the ratings then.

Now, I don't think it's really bad that they have revealed its a successful series, it's the way they try and hide certain comments.
  • Mastes1Mastes1 Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto with that bloke who always seems to be standing beside Emma at every eviction shouting "Get **** out".....I imagine he's a producer.

I spoke about this at least 2 series ago. Its the same guy as well, the same voice and you can quite clearly hear him starting chants and then the crowd join in.

You can hear it a lot more clearly if you use headphones as well.

Yet another example of the manipulation used in the show.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mastes1 wrote: »
    I spoke about this at least 2 series ago. Its the same guy as well, the same voice and you can quite clearly hear him starting chants and then the crowd join in.

You can hear it a lot more clearly if you use headphones as well.

Yet another example of the manipulation used in the show.

He's always only a few feet from Emma and in total earshot of her microphone : it's too much of a coincidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps, but it may just be a fan on that occasion. When I went to the eviction in BB13, I was standing right next to Brian when he went live to the house so I basically had quite a lot of power as I was probably the closest to the mic generally. During Chris' eviction, if you listened carefully, you may have heard a "Lydia, Lydia" chant from me to mess with their heads. It came across on TV very faintly. Then, when a friend went last year, they said Emma purposely stood away so no singular person can be heard, so that man probably had a really loud voice! :p
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    That's not quite true.

A Story Editor in reality TV terms usually works in post production, ensuring there is a coherent storyline in each episode. They don't usually have a say in manipulating the action - instead they take the existing footage and make it into a storyline.

If BB didn't have a Story Editor in the ch4 days I would hazard a guess it could be to do with the fact that it is a fairly new, and non standard job title within reality television (as traditionally Story Editor is used within fully scripted television in pre-production, and it's meaning is different). It was likely under a different job title.

Again, not arguing the show isn't manipulated but think people read too much into an arbitrary job title.

No I take that point.
    its just been focused more with me when its finally out there Cost wasn't the reason a feed isn't back. and its actually getting worse in terms of how much footage is being seen I really do fear for the summer format because If its like last year its going to get Axed and Endemol seem totally clueless to how the fanbase are feeling They really do think last years HM's were "amazing"...:o
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They milked the guy to stay because they knew his antics were boosting the ratings, and tonight they threw him to the mob. Disgusting behaviour from the show's producers.

Yes, I'd agree with this. I'd add they deliberately edited their show to cover up who the real nasty one was in there and Perez is getting that title by default. Of course he was no angel....he was attention seeking, annoying and said a few things in anger that crossed the line. But he wasn't mean and nasty like Katy H and he didn't deserve the persistent goading and ostracization that she dished out to him.

I think his treatment on BBOTS was awful and completely biased...and it annoyed me that Kav got louder with the insults towards him too as the show went on (once he realised it was a crowd pleaser) ..I can see now why he bonded with Katie H so well, and why both Nadia and Cami were surprised at how sly and two-faced he'd been once they were outside the house.

Perez was jeered as if he was the most evil villain, while Kav went on about how lovely Katie H was and that ratings guy called her the nations sweetheart?? I thought I was in an alternate universe for a bit.

And I see they've got James Jordan on to attack him some more tomorrow. If I was Perez, I'd tell them to piss off and go and have dinner with Nadia and Alicia instead.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why many people who put up with BB's manipulations during bb15 -- how WAS Helen picked for fake-eviction, btw? -- would think BB had gone too far by persuading Perez to stay.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SwanGirl wrote: »
    Back in BB11 when Caoimhe was going to leave with Shabby didn't it come out that she stayed at the time because she was told in the DR that her boyfriend was okay with everything and wanted her to stay? I am pretty sure execs have bent a few rules in the past to convince people to stay, big characters anyway.

I've heard this happen 1st in 2000 when a contestant said that they wanted to leave. I also remember back in 2001 when it was reported that if Brian Dowling wins it will would play into channel 4's hands. Tonight's revelation is not a patch on who shot JFK and it's no biggie
  • MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mastes1 wrote: »
    Lets be honest here, anyone that thinks this is a 'real' show (even before what perez said) probably don't have too many brain cells and will watch anything anyway.

honestly? IMO if the fan has been watching since BB1, production WAS clean & honest then and those early days fans do have brain cells - the ones without are Ch5 employees
  • SpecialFriedSpecialFried Posts: 3,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, and on Live Feed I heard someone in the background (sounded like Callum) say "Well there are 3m people watching us". I know before people say, yes, that could have been a guess on his part as that was similar to what last January said, but you never know. Lets not forget last Jan, when the series was extended twice, the HMs were told and Jim said the same thing about being "the most watched".

Compare that to BB11, when Josie said "There's 8m people watching us" and we all laughed and thought "yeah you wish". They obviously weren't told the ratings then.

Now, I don't think it's really bad that they have revealed its a successful series, it's the way they try and hide certain comments.

Similarly in BB10 when Marcus (IDH Akin) repeated talked about "the 4.5 million people watching the show" when in fact it was a good two mil less than that.:blush::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd agree with this. I'd add they deliberately edited their show to cover up who the real nasty one was in there and Perez is getting that title by default. Of course he was no angel....he was attention seeking, annoying and said a few things in anger that crossed the line. But he wasn't mean and nasty like Katy H and he didn't deserve the persistent goading and ostracization that she dished out to him.

I think his treatment on BBOTS was awful and completely biased...and it annoyed me that Kav got louder with the insults towards him too as the show went on (once he realised it was a crowd pleaser) ..I can see now why he bonded with Katie H so well, and why both Nadia and Cami were surprised at how sly and two-faced he'd been once they were outside the house.

Perez was jeered as if he was the most evil villain, while Kav went on about how lovely Katie H was and that ratings guy called her the nations sweetheart?? I thought I was in an alternate universe for a bit.

And I see they've got James Jordan on to attack him some more tomorrow. If I was Perez, I'd tell them to piss off and go and have dinner with Nadia and Alicia instead.

Yep i noticed that bit and cringed when that guy said about Hopkins being the 'nations sweetheart' lol.
    Its all well known TV tricks to manipulate the viewers. This is not secret covert tactics, its well known in the industry.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

Thank you for saving me the bother.

Very well said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    honestly? IMO if the fan has been watching since BB1, production WAS clean & honest then and those early days fans do have brain cells - the ones without are Ch5 employees

To be fair, I'm not sure it's down to Ch5. CH4 made some huge mistakes too, they sent magazines in during BB10 which is worse than tweets.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They milked the guy to stay because they knew his antics were boosting the ratings, and tonight they threw him to the mob. Disgusting behaviour from the show's producers.

I agree with you totally they are , seemingly, inept,;-):)
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, I'm not sure it's down to Ch5. CH4 made some huge mistakes too, they sent magazines in during BB10 which is worse than tweets.
    Ch. 4 was just as bad - they let john james have a phone call, Lisa & David in BB10 LEFT the house as part of a task, the magazines task in BB10, etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah i didn't mean it to sound as insulting as i put it lol. What i meant was that a lot of long time BB fans already know that the show has changed into a TOWIE style scripted freakshow.
    The fans that already know its fake and manipulated, will probably still watch for entertainment value. Its only really the more gullible fans that have just been 'awakened' tonight that will be too upset about this.
    Some of us knew this long ago. Its not like they try to hide the manipulation, its pretty blatant most of the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's fine if it was just a casual, "we think you should sleep on it, can we convince you to stay?!" but the way Perez said it, made it seem that they went out of their way to go behind the scenes and talk him out of it. He knew the guys name, it's odd that a producer would have just said his name whilst in a conversation in the DR trying to get him to stay. By knowing his name, one would think they actually had a face to face meeting, where he also said "this is the highest rated BB on Ch5, it's the Perez show, you must stay".

Do you think that all they did in the past was a casual, "we think you should sleep on it, can we convince you to stay?!"

I thought it was pretty clear that some HMs who wanted to leave got out a lot more quickly and easily than others, and consequently that BB wanted to keep some of them in but didn't care if the others left. And didn't John James get the have a phone call (to Nathan?) one of the times he was talking of leaving? (Someone above mentioned Caoimhe being reassured about her boyfriend, but I don't remember about that happening or not.)

If the issue is outside information, hasn't that been a problem for years now?

I'm all for people giving up on the show (I think that's what it deserves), but I don't see why this particular thing re Perez would be a breaking point for many people.

Unless maybe it's sour grapes, properly so called: the show's worthless now (the grapes are sour) because Perez didn't win (get the grapes).
  • KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Hard core fan here. Never believed the conspiracy theories. Believe them now. Will still watch next series and beyond.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think the production was completely clean and honest even in bb1. I don't believe BB completely failed to notice Nick's rule-breaking until the HMs called him on it.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I'm afraid he is very weak willed and sly - he's like the character on the Fast Show that didn't have an opinion and always agreed with the last person who spoke.