Stacey Branning is the Queen of Albert Square

Dr Dr WhoDr Dr Who Posts: 118
Forum Member
Without a doubt, Stacey is the Queen of the Square. She has ties to the Mitchells through Archie, the Brannings through Bradley and Max, the Carters through Linda's story, the Masoods with Shabnam's secret, the Slaters/Moons with the fire/Kat story and has links which no other character in the show has. Long live Queen Stacey!

Comments

• Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whitney has links to Caters through going our with Lee, Brannings through Bianca. Beales kind of through Bianca and Peter and Whitney. Stacey/ Moons through Lily. :) but Stacey Is the queen making Whitney a princess :).
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one that doesn't think Stacey is Queen of the square?:confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We should have poll on this matter :)
  • Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Am I the only one that doesn't think Stacey is Queen of the square?:confused::D

your not the only one
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I'm happy for her to keep the seat warm until Janine returns.
    Forum Member
    Mr Patrick wrote: »
    your not the only one

That's good to know! I was starting to think I was completely alone on this.:o:D

Janine, I'm with you on that one, Vald!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    How does she have a link to the Mitchell's through Archie he raped her?
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She may very well have links to other characters but her character, I find, is an annoying, gurning one with a voice that could strip wallpaper at 200 yards. Not one of my favourites. Maybe Vald is right above- Janine is
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In DTC eyes Shirley is the Queen of the Square.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Preach it.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    In DTC eyes Shirley is the Queen of the Square.

Shirley probably is the most watchable female on the show tbh. She hasn't had a character transplant like Stacey!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel like Stacey's had a character transplant. I thought this before Christmas but those beautiful scenes between Stacey and Linda redeemed this! However, they've taken this St. Stacey Slater of Walford too far. She's nosey, far too involved with everyone's business, and is far too nice IMO. I'm not saying she can't be mature, but it's like a different character compared to her 2004-2010 stint.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I feel like Stacey's had a character transplant. I thought this before Christmas but those beautiful scenes between Stacey and Linda redeemed this! However, they've taken this St. Stacey Slater of Walford too far. She's nosey, far too involved with everyone's business, and is far too nice IMO. I'm not saying she can't be mature, but it's like a different character compared to her 2004-2010 stint.
    Stacey hasn't had a character transplant is just the she grown and more mature. Stacey can't stay the same as she was like before 2004-2010. TBH I think she the best female in the show atm
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Stacey is tied to the Slaters because she is a Slater.
  • wilpeepwilpeep Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Can't say I see much difference between Stacey 2004-10 and Stacey 2014-15. She's still gobby and rude. Look how she spoke to Kush when she thought he rejected Shabnam. She's still the same old Stacey, maybe just a bit more mature. I'm looking forward to when she gets her own story and isn't just the secret-keeper.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's played by a world champion screen chewing gurner. If an actor cannot control their facial expressions they shouldn't be in the job and Lacey Turner cannot stop gurning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stacey hasn't had a character transplant is just the she grown and more mature. Stacey can't stay the same as she was like before 2004-2010. TBH I think she the best female in the show atm

She's definitely one of the best. I think she just needs a big storyline. Like I said, I get she can't be like before, and she's more mature for Lily's sake, but Stacey needs more time with her family! (They should try and get Jean, Sean and Charlie back IMO).

I like how Stacey is interacting with more people, but this whole 'I've got a problem, let's run off to Stacey' is starting to get silly. She was in prison for murder this time 8 months ago!:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stacey needs a big storyline, so that Lacey Turner can start owning those awards again!:p
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Stacey has been so great since her return :)
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    That title belongs to Peggy
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    spunger wrote: »
    She's played by a world champion screen chewing gurner. If an actor cannot control their facial expressions they shouldn't be in the job and Lacey Turner cannot stop gurning.

I've not noticed this :confused: She doesn't irritate me with her mannerisms that you mention. I think Lacey Turner is a great actress. I wouldn't go as far as calling her the Queen Of The Square yet. I think that title belongs to Pat. Maybe when Stacey is older she can be Queen.
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only queen in the square is the Vic.
    Forum Member
    I agree, the only Queen is the Queen Vic, though there is soap character royalty, imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surley linda and I Sharon are in the running.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say she is the queen. A few years ago, yes. Then it was Ronnie, then Kat and now Shirley is at the moment.

But if we go by age and longevity, Dot and Sharon are the queen and princess of the square.