Options

Pam St Clement (Pat Evans) - was she axed from EastEnders?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do realise how offensive this sounds? Pam was 70 years old when she quit and is several years younger than Barbara Windsor. You make it sound like the poor woman is about to pop her clogs.

As for the topic at hand. I would sooner believe Bab's version of events than anything written on a web site. She after all knows Pam and told the story of how upset she, Pam, was.

Um, I meant because she was still on the show. Nothing to do with her age.

I'd say you assuming I was making some ageist comment is a lot more offensive.

Of course Pam was upset. I was upset. Everyone was upset. I'm sure Pam would have loved to know Pat was still alive out there. The point I was making was that Pam had quit, not asked for a break. Whether she would have went back at some point is irrelevant. She left the show.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um, I meant because she was still on the show. Nothing to do with her age.

I'd say you assuming I was making some ageist comment is a lot more offensive.

Of course Pam was upset. I was upset. Everyone was upset. I'm sure Pam would have loved to know Pat was still alive out there. The point I was making was that Pam had quit, not asked for a break. Whether she would have went back at some point is irrelevant. She left the show.

Well I'm sorry but saying ''they decided to give her a big final while they still could'' only reads one way. If they could keep Peggy alive at Bab's being 74, they could keep Pat alive at Pam being 69.

June Brown was roughly the same age as Pam when she quit as Dot in 1993, She returned in 1997 and the rest is history. Who is to say Pam wouldn't have done the same? Can you imagine if Dot had been killed off by some clueless EP in 1993 just to give her an exit ''while they still could?''

Bab's clearly states Pam asked for time off. That can't be disputed as Bab's is her friend so has the info first hand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm sorry but saying ''they decided to give her a big final while they still could'' only reads one way. If they could keep Peggy alive at Bab's being 74, they could keep Pat alive at Pam being 69.

June Brown was roughly the same age as Pam when she quit as Dot in 1993, She returned in 1997 and the rest is history. Who is to say Pam wouldn't have done the same? Can you imagine if Dot had been killed off by some clueless EP in 1993 just to give her an exit ''while they still could?''

Bab's clearly states Pam asked for time off. That can't be disputed as Bab's is her friend so has the info first hand.

Why do you keep mentioning her age? It is completely irrelevant to my post.

What I was saying was that if she left, there was no guarantee that she would be back. So they gave her a big final chapter while she was still on the show.

Nothing to do with her age. So stop trying to put words in my mouth.
  • Options
    james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara says Pam asked for time off. So there was no reason to close the chapter for good. Why are you implying Barbara would lie?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH I would believe the words from someone's good friend over a 3rd rate sensationalim obsessed EP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I am saying is that we don't know that Pam specifically said "I want time off". She wanted to leave the show, but always would see herself coming back at some point. There's a difference.

Of course if that was the case, she shouldn't have been killed off. So I understand what Barbara said. She was saying that since Pam didn't see her exit as one that would be indefinite, they should have left her alive. I agree with that. But there is nothing to suggest that she only asked for a fixed amount of time off.

Actually, you should go watch Pam's This Morning interview. She says she didn't want killed off, but that she told the producers in late 2010 that she wanted to leave. She didn't mention any breaks, just that she originally didn't want Pat killed, until she read the script.
  • Options
    jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Nope. Nobody.

I'm not saying they should write there own exit but after 25 years thru should have a say
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat most definitely shouldn't have been killed off. She was far too valuable to the show. One of a kind.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really miss pat eastenders hasn't been the same since she left :confused: and no matter what DTC does will it ever be IMO
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Barbara says Pam asked for time off. So there was no reason to close the chapter for good. Why are you implying Barbara would lie?

Well either she twisted the truth or Pam lied in her exit interview...or maybe she had a gun held to her head when she said she was leaving and wanted to do other things. Barbara Windsor is known for being a drama queen, she thinks she is Eastenders and the show cannot survive without her greatness.^_^

These conspiracy theories are just daft.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Well either she twisted the truth or Pam lied in her exit interview...or maybe she had a gun held to her head when she said she was leaving and wanted to do other things. Barbara Windsor is known for being a drama queen, she thinks she is Eastenders and the show cannot survive without her greatness.^_^

This!!! Completely agree
  • Options
    james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »

Pam never lied because she never confirmed she only wanted some time off but she did confirm she was unhappy to hear about Pats death and only accepted it because the script was good. Her own words.

As for you comments on Barbara. That seems to come from a dislike you have of the actress rather than any form of reality but don't let it get in the way of a good rant. ;-) So you're a fine one to talk about conspiracy theories after saying that. lmao
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Pam never lied because she never confirmed she only wanted some time off but she did confirm she was unhappy to hear about Pats death and only accepted it because the script was good. Her own words.

As for you comments on Barbara. That seems to come from a dislike you have of the actress rather than any form of reality but don't let it get in the way of a good rant. ;-) So you're a fine one to talk about conspiracy theories after saying that. lmao

She confirmed that she was leaving and although she was reluctant to be killed off she loved the idea when it was put to her. if she'd had said that she only wanted a year off she'd have said so and they'd have snatched her hand off. If she'd asked for a break and then got sacked she'd have gone public with such a humiliation....Pam is no shrinking violet.

No I've never liked Barbara Windsor and she's always taking little pot shots at the show since she left. We're meant to believe that the show has gone to the dogs since she left. IMO it's better without her. As I said Pam didn't need her to speak for her, but of course she is too up herself to consider that.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Agree. No one is bigger than the show they are on.

Apart from the cesspool of Philth...
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poor Pam:( they should never have killed her!