Options

Eastenders - Dean and Linda *HUGE Spoiler*

Comments

• Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    It hasn't been implied that Dean is "messed up". I hope they aren't using this excuse for Dean to rape Linda.
    His very first story was spiking Stacey's drink 'for a laugh' and blaming it on Bradley. He's always been a bit messed up, just his prison term, his father's death and the time away really brought it out of him.

I do hope after all this the tables are turned and Shirley dishes out everything she's taken from him, and tells him just how proud his precious father would be of him now. She will be the one to disown him, she will be the shoulder for Mick to cry on, and the one to unify the family when they're at their lowest. I just hope Linda gets through this and comes out of it stronger than ever, I have every faith in Mick giving her the support she needs.
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTC getting desperate now ratings are still down and now he's resorting to rape to boost them sick!

Bollocks.
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTC getting desperate now ratings are still down and now he's resorting to rape to boost them sick!

Or it's a dark story that often happens in real life and that is being reflected. Don't be so dramatic.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Already people are bemoaning that Eastenders are copying Hollyoaks, the irony!

The Hollyoaks rape storyline has been done disgracefully. Kirkwood should be ashamed.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt Kellie will do a briliant job with this storyline. Not that I think Matt is a bad actor or anything but his character is a bit one dimensional so I think he'll just be written as a villain with little depth. He'll probably end up being carted off by the police screaming and shouting that Shirley is to blame for everything. I think Kellie/Linda will be the one to watch.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    PieFace63 wrote: »
    I don't think there would be a way for him to stay. It would be very difficult to have a character stay on the show but I think it would be good for those who have suffered through this ordeal and still have to face their attacker walking past them in the streets.

I highly doubt dean would stay. If it were to be done in such a way that Dean wouldn't be getting in trouble for it and still allowed to roam the streets, there would be such a controversy and almost telling people that if you get raped, justice won't be served.

I don't think he can stay. I hate to say it but any other crime in soap, viewers wouldn't mind them escaping jail - look at how many murderers are on screen! However, rape should be punished and if it isn't written with the perpetrator going to court, they should leave the show.

I hate saying this as I love the character of Dean, but I don't know what else they can do.
    pholly22 wrote: »
    Oh no, I saw this coming a mile off yet it still makes me feel really sad/sick for Linda. This is going to be a harrowing storyline to watch, but I think Kellie Bright will do it justice. She is a fantastic actress. What will it do to The Carters as a unit? I feel so sad!

Kellie is going to be amazing and I think Matt will be very good in his role - I think he will surprise a lot of people because he's already been brilliant at showing Dean's obsessive side.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So excited for this. Kellie Bright is a brilliant character. Hopefully EastEnders go right were the Hollyoaks rape went wrong.
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Already people are bemoaning that Eastenders are copying Hollyoaks, the irony!

As if Hollyoaks is the only soap to do a rape storyline.

Someone should tell the children that EastEnders did a far, far superior rape story to Hollyoaks' pathetic attempt seven years before Hollyoaks was even conceived.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    ameredith wrote: »
    I just hope we won't be waiting for 8 months for the reveal

Unlike Hollyoaks, Eastenders has a considerably good producer pushing it in a much better direction than what BK is leading his show into.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and let's not forget Dean date raped Stacey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

He didn't, he spiked her drink 'for a laugh'

I never understood that!
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I'm quite upset about this. But it will be well done.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He spiked her drink for fun and she accuse Bradley of assaulting her when he tried to help her.

As it happens he mentioned that recently in a interview wonder if that was a hint of what was to come.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A more in-depth article on the Eastenders website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/posts/EastEnders-to-tackle-rape-storyline

It sounds as though it's already been filmed:
    Kellie Bright and Matt Di Angelo both give such brave, raw and intelligent performances as this story rips into the heart of the Carter family, changing lives forever, testing Mick and Linda’s marriage and exposing some very dark secrets - as we move from Autumn through to Christmas and beyond.”
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I really think that Dean is deluded enough to believe that Linda is just playing hard to get. We've seen him looking over at Linda when she looks miserable, in his own deluded world he might think it is because she is unhappy being married to Mick and that she would rather be with him....who knows what's going on in that head of his. He took up with Lauren to make her jealous that's for sure.

I think it's a brave story and it's going to be interesting to see just how they do tackle it. Linda has never been with anyone except Mick and visa versa. They've never strayed or wanted to. I just hope she doesn't get pregnant, but have an awful feeling that she will.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    A more in-depth article on the Eastenders website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/posts/EastEnders-to-tackle-rape-storyline

It sounds as though it's already been filmed:

If its any consolation Sez I hope this plot proves to the dean/Matt detractors that he's NOT the shit actor they think he is.
    To me he's played this fantastically so far. I really havent seen him put a foot wrong in regards to this Linda plot. Hes got the creepiness down to a fine art.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    If its any consolation Sez I hope this plot proves to the dean/Matt detractors that he's NOT the shit actor they think he is.
    To me he's played this fantastically so far. I really havent seen him put a foot wrong in regards to this Linda plot. Hes got the creepiness down to a fine art.

I agree, of course this storyline will be great as it will portray a very important subject and Kellie will, I'm sure be amazing, and yes, if there is a positive to come from Dean's involvement, in terms of his character being used, it's that Matt will get a huge chance to show what he can do.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I agree, of course this storyline will be great as it will portray a very important subject and Kellie will, I'm sure be amazing, and yes, if there is a positive to come from Dean's involvement, in terms of his character being used, it's that Matt will get a huge chance to show what he can do.

It could be that Matt never intended to stay long, like Michael French. He's the sort of actor who wouldn't struggle to get work.
  • Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this'll be how Dean's stint ends then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    It could be that Matt never intended to stay long, like Michael French. He's the sort of actor who wouldn't struggle to get work.

True...
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »

I dont believe Matt had any idea this would be his plotline when he returned, as otherwise he wouldnt have had his "row" with DTC.
    I hope hes accepted the fate of his character now (I dont see why playing a baddie would be a negative thing - it could show his range as an actor)
    INcidentally - Matt worked pretty consistently since he left EE back in 2007. He had strictly, then 4 series of Hustle, then 2 series of Netflicks series Borgia as well as other smaller roles- so yes, he seems to be able to get work away from EE.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a feeling it was going to lead to this
    Coz Dean and the way the show has filmed their scenes, and the way Dean scenes are after are sinister and lusty like he enjoys this and not in a good way but in a ego way that he thinks all this is right and he will keep on doing it...

Kellie Bright will be brilliant, i already thought she was a really good actress before she joined EE
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    this'll be how Dean's stint ends then

Yeah probably can't see Dean coming back from this, wonder if they will end up just sending him to prison again or it will lead to his death time will tell but Dean's days on the square are numbered whatever the outcome.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the rape enthusiasts on DS will certainly be jumping for joy at the announcement of this storyline :D.

I'm actually surprised they've taken this direction purely because I thought EE lost the balls to do dark storylines like this anymore. But in terms of Dean, it's not surprising he's gone down this path as he's a creepy, obsessive weirdo.

I'm guessing this is what Matt Di Angelo had an issue with. Pretty dark stuff and any actor can be forgiven for not wanting to perform this material, because of the negative reaction they will get from some sections of the public.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After years of DigitalSpy predicting rape, it's finally happened. :D