Options

Simon Cowell Did Not Get Rid Of Lucie...

Comments

• Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... THE PUPLIC DID, SHE GOT THE LOWEST VOTE, THEREFOR WAS THE LEAST POPULAR.
    Why all the hate for Simon, it should be the British Public you have the problem with!!!!

Unfortunately many people are not rational and seem to be ignoring the facts.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feline77 wrote: »
    OP, I agree 100% - & it's not fair blaming Jedward either, if they had the lowest votes we would have had to accept that they were going home.

Everyone who is up in arms about the result - how many of you actually voted for Lucie?

Exactly.
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    Simon didn't send her home FFS. After last week people should of known that it could go to deadlock. The british public are stupid and never learn from past mistakes. Louis voted for Jedward (Aka Vote Lucie off), Cheryl and Danni voted for Lucie (aka vote Jedward off). Simon didn't vote so how did he send her home? What if Simon wanted to save Jedward? So he'll vote Lucie off and vwalla we'd still be on the public vote wouldn't we? You'll all still complain that Simon voted for the wrong person.

After last week everyone knows that it could of been down to your vote, the viewers. Its about the public, its what the show is based on. If you don't like the result then how about the public votes be cancelled from now on and we'll force the judges to vote? Oh but wait, then no one would get a say in the show.......you can't win. The show either includes public votes or it doesn't

++ Don't pretend keeping Lucie would of meant she would of won, because its very doubtfull she would of so we havn't lost anything and im a Lucie fan btw. Last time i checked the Xfactor part of the forum has been full with Jedward talk and not much Lucie threads. Jedward are making the show bigger and thats what ITV want. You guys can all complain, actually please :P Xfactor will be better for it
  • Options
    cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    KIIS102 wrote: »
    Simon didn't send her home FFS. After last week people should of known that it could go to deadlock. The british public are stupid and never learn from past mistakes. Louis voted for Jedward (Aka Vote Lucie off), Cheryl and Danni voted for Lucie (aka vote Jedward off). Simon didn't vote so how did he send her home?

After last week everyone knows that it could of been down to your vote, the viewers. Its about the public, its what the show is based on. If you don't like the result then how about the public votes be cancelled from now on and we'll force the judges to vote? Oh but wait, then no one would get a say in the show.......you can't win

Why do you think that the X Factor and Strictly have a judges vote (serious question)
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He sent Lucie home by not voting to save her. I don't believe for a second that he though the twins had the lowest vote.

Lucie was clearly them better singer, everyone knows that.....but Simon wanted the twins to stay for ratings.

He wouldn't dare face the backlash of saying "I'm saving the twins for ratings and media attention"...so he chose deadlock as it gave them the best chance...

...because he was too much of a coward to admit he wanted to save them himself.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    duryea wrote: »
    I've been out and just saw the sing off. I must say I'm not suprised he did that and it save the twins.

What I did notice throughout Lucie's final performance was a smiley, happy, slightly contented smile. She felt certain that against the boys she would stay. Now obviously she is the better singer and Simon has his own agenda for saving the boys. But while she is the better singer, she also phoned in that performance. She took her foot off the gas. The boys came out expecting to go home and just went for broke. Love them or hate them, I personally feel they have the best attitude of any of the contestants. They may be a bit crap, but they always put in 100% effort.

It was a dreadful sing off.
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    cath99 wrote: »
    Why do you think that the X Factor and Strictly have a judges vote (serious question)

For TV ratings to cause tention like tonight. Force it to the public vote, makes the show more tense then when the vote don't go the way people think theres a explosion of media attention. This is costing them ratings, arn't the ratings up on last week ?
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    Sad to see Lucie go (much preferred her to Stacey of the girls), but whilst ever Lloyd remains in the show, then i've got no problem accepting J&E deserve to stay too, as he's getting by on things not related to singing either - last night he gave a hottific performance, but enough people pity voted for him.

Once Lloyd goes, then J&E will follow shortly after... though I would love to see J&E against Danyl or Olly next week, and Dannii have the casting vote, and send Simon's boy back home :D
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    cath99 wrote: »

So they can keep in people they think bring more to the show and talent has little to do with it.

Keeping Rod's wife in was a prime example, Gabby was by far the superior dancer but the Beeb had booked Rod for the following week and he would have probably dropped out if she had been booted.

I've never liked the judges having the final say, they work to the producers agenda not their own.
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    It was a dreadful sing off.

Surprisingly though, that was arguably Jedward's best vocal of the live shows - now I know that's not saying a lot, but without the huge backing show they're used to, they still put on a good effort - good choice in using a Robbie song, obviously noted when he was on the show recently that vocal talent isn't everything, but stage presence is... :p
  • Options
    CassieCassie Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First Simon has his own acts to protect, next the show's ratings. Lucie was unfortunate that ppl must have thought she was 'safe' and chose to vote for more vulnerable acts ie Lloyd. She should certainly been given the benefit of Simon's vote this week as he did with Rachel twice. Deadlock..rubbish he knew what he was doing but I think it backfired on him as Lucie was one of the better contestants. Still maybe he's had enough of the show and doesn't care as long as it makes money.
  • Options
    auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well when smug-faced Simon sits there and says we're gonna vote on this based on the sing off and then doesn't do that, I think he had a massive part to play in getting rid of Lucie.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is soley Simon's fault that Lucie went tonight. Danni and Louis naturally voted to save their acts, Cheryl saved Lucie, yet Simon took the cowards way out and took it to deadlock, despite maoning every single week that J & E were awful.

He had his chance to get rid, yet he blew it.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody is a fault except those who hyped her up to be more popular than she actually was, and that was not fair on her.

The problem this year, I think, is that they rejected better acts than they put in and so many of us don't find any of them really interesting or exciting, that is why J & E are there, and actually on the sing off I thought for the first time that they are not terrible singers, not great, but not terrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely disagree with the premise of this thread. Simon broke his own pledge to "brush aside all past performances and vote to save the act that's best in the sing-off", as well as proving himself to be painfully poor at judging.

Cheryl could do it and Simon evidently could not. I've lost all respect in him as a critic of vocal ability. For me, he's sunk to the low ranks of Louis Walsh for even putting John and Edward through. Surprisingly, Dannii has shone for me as a classy, honourable judge and mentor this year.

Cowell has been complaining vitriolically about how 'Johdward' (as I think any portmenteau of their names should go) besmirch the credibility of the show as a singing competition and then saves them as he'd "sooner see them over Lucie perform again". How effete and injudicious!

And one final rant: if he continues to refuse to vote off an act and take it to deadlock to "reflect public opinion", there is no point in having 'professional' judges or, at the very least, have judges to vote off one of the two bottom acts.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Cowell has zero credibility (accepting the fact being stinkin' rich gives you a certain credibility cos money usually equates to power) but that aside the X Factor is a singing contest and common sense would dictate the worst singer would be voted out in a dance off. Cowell said last week about John and Edward "we've established you CAN'T SING" (or words to that effect) so in any sing-off between John and Edward vs any other singer, the boys would have to be voted off. Entertainment factor is not singing factor - singing ability has to come first, not how entertaining someone is.

Cowell is just a hypocrite, he knows the vocally challenged John and Ed are great publicity for the show, help keep the viewers watching the show, help get the cash rolling in from phone votes - hence why he kept them in the show. He's totally shameless but what do you expect from the guy! Honesty? Never. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Why all the hate for Simon, it should be the British Public you have the problem with!!!!

The show could have a public vote only deciding - it doesn't because the voters select themselves and don't represent anyone else watching. Its like an election where the members of parties only vote and with the Monster Raving Loony Party is over-represented.

It does have a sing off because of that. The purpose of the sing off is to save the best singer who might end up in the bottom 2. They could hold their nose and hope and cast people who would only attract a rational vote but they don't do that - they cast more widely and have a sing off to minimalise the damage.

The decision in the sing off needs to be taken by people who judge on the singing. It shouldn't be taken by someone who has a bigger interest in getting headlines or viewers who want to watch BGT or a comedy show or to sign a particular winner. The logic is that Simon shouldn't be judge or a mentor and its about time a regulator looked into his ability to shape the outcome as he wants.

The reason why the singing should matter is that that is what the show is meant to be about and thats what the peope who sign up for the show sign up for. Its morally corrupt to build people up as good singers and then chuck them out artificially so you can get a headline out of it and your preferred most marketable singer can win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member

he had a chance to get rid of the worse act ever and bottled it , its about singing he is suppose be a judge
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could Simon have known the public figures before having to decide? I thought that Simon wanted them out at all costs.

I like the twins but they are not the better singers.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Check out what Steve Brookstein and George Sampson have had to say about Cowell.
    And George, 16, who dazzled BGT audiences with his Singin' In The Rain routine, did the relationship no good when he bad-mouthed Cowell last month, claiming the impresario wasn't giving him any support.

He claimed he somehow ended up making a loss on his DVD, Access 2 All Areas, despite it being a successful seller. George, who went on to star in the West End hip hop musical Into The Hoods, said: “Things aren't going so well with me and Simon. I suppose he's realised he can make more money out of other people.

“But I thought we were tight. I had one of the best-selling DVDs at the start of the year. We sold loads of copies. But I've just found out that Simon's company takes 90 per cent of the revenue. I get 10 per cent, but I have to pay the production costs out of that. So I ended up owing them money. I'm not quite sure how it all works, but that can't be fair, can it?”

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23744828-stunned-george-sampson-dropped-by-simon-cowell.do

Anyone believing Cowell gives a damn about any of his singers- Leona Lewis included - is living in cloud cuckoo land! If he believes the show is more profitable by keeping John and Edward in, he'll do it and that's what he's done. He's a business man masquerading as a pop expert. I think everyone going on the show knows that, deep down they know he's a shrewd business man but you accept it and hope he gives you a recording contract and you make some decent money out of it. The odds are Cowell will offer a deal to John and Edward no matter what happens, they'll have a few hits, do some tour and then disappear and Cowell will find someone else to sign up.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dont agree! The idea of the sing off is that it gives the bottom two the chance to save themselves in front of the judges and it has always been the best singer is saved. Simon said that they would judge the two acts on how well they sang and performed. Lucie outsang the twins completely, it was not even a contest!

Simon inadvertantly gave the twins his vote by taking it to deadlock! Simon is a total joke and a massive hypocrit!

When Danyl was in the bottom two it was all about who was the better singer and about the voice but when it was not one of HIS acts it was a completely different matter. Simon changes the rules to suit him and him only!

I will never have any respect for Simon again. Imagine the fury of Simon if that had been Leona Lewis in the bottom two with the likes of the twins. Simon would have gone ballistic, just as he did when Danyl was in the bottom two but even more so!

Simon deserves the media to rip him apart tomorrow!
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    Check out what Steve Brookstein and George Sampson have had to say about Cowell.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23744828-stunned-george-sampson-dropped-by-simon-cowell.do

Anyone believing Cowell gives a damn about any of his singers- Leona Lewis included - is living in cloud cuckoo land! If he believes the show is more profitable by keeping John and Edward in, he'll do it and that's what he's done. He's a business man masquerading as a pop expert. I think everyone going on the show knows that, deep down they know he's a shrewd business man but you accept it and hope he gives you a recording contract and you make some decent money out of it. The odds are Cowell will offer a deal to John and Edward no matter what happens, they'll have a few hits, do some tour and then disappear and Cowell will find someone else to sign up.

Yes, I totally agree. This show is all about Simon Cowell and not any of the acts. He is just so annoying! Simon knows that the twins are bringing a lot of controversy to the show and that is bringing in viewing figures. That is all he is worried about. He does not care about anybody other than making money!

This is why all the contestants want Simons approval, because they know that they cannot get anywhere unless they have his backing! Simon needs to realise that he is ruining young peoples dreams.!
  • Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    wallster wrote: »
    Unfortunately many people are not rational and seem to be ignoring the facts.
    It's easy to whine at a specific target rather than face up to the fact that the act wasn't popular enough.
    crank53 wrote: »
    he had a chance to get rid of the worse act ever and bottled it , its about singing he is suppose be a judge
    That's one thing he says that's wrong: it's not just about the singing. Never has been, never will be. It's a massive factor in things, and will lead to J&E leaving sooner or later, but there are others as well. Likeability, stage presence, entertainment value; . . . sympathy.

And none are less valid, because we're not actually choosing based on voice and musicality alone. We're choosing who we like best in this TV format.
  • Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Dont agree! The idea of the sing off is that it gives the bottom two the chance to save themselves in front of the judges and it has always been the best singer is saved.
    No it hasn't. It wasn't that last week, it hasn't been many times before (and that's before you even bring the fact it's a subjective matter of taste into it).

Plus the judges get to decide who THEY want to save, not who you personally like best and think they should.

This time they didn't even do that: they left it up to the public. If the public had voted for her, she wouldn't be gone. There's no escaping that, no matter how people try to deflect it onto being about what they think they should be able to personally demand from the judges (which is always hilariously over the top).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,238
    Forum Member
    I totally agree!!