The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glorious was. 3.18 tonight. Will need chopped
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    I really like that one.

Natalia Barbu's on the list too. Exciting!

Not forgetting Luminita.

Just caught up with the rest of the Melfest clips.......finally looks like they are getting their act together. Janet's song sounds likely to be what I've been waiting for.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QuartzMan wrote: »
    Does that mean the Romanian NF is 32 songs long D:

2 semi finals first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that mean the Romanian NF is 32 songs long D:

Two semi-finals of 16. Not sure how many they are having in the final though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed the German NF (shame, cos it sounded good!) but just caught Cascada's live performance and I'm very impressed! Always liked to her music but she's surprisingly good live too! Top 5 for sure, I reckon :)
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    kvn wrote: »
    I really like Cyprus too. Today's been a good day!

Poor Nica and Joe -- your love for them doesn't seem too elevated imo...you should be :cry::cry::cry:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Cyprus is a bit loungey, but I'm sure she'll nail it live.

I still think Nikki Ponte would have been the obvious/ correct choice!

On a more terrifying note, I just can't stop listening to Marry Me. It sounds like it should be a Rom-Com's (possibly starring Sandra Bullock) theme tune!
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    837,000 televotes cast in tonight's Unser Song not sure if that's a good sign or not.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    Poor Nica and Joe -- your love for them doesn't seem too elevated imo...you should be :cry::cry::cry:

It's called picking your battles :p

EDIT: An it saves me having to listen to you lot kick them to death for the next 3 months :D
  • QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah 2 semi final for Romania makes sense - just had a look back and Zaleilah, how did this not do better? Such a summery song, would have thought a top 10 finish at least!
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be interesting to see the viewing figures for tonight. Viewing figures for German NFs haven't been that great in recent years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the acts in Romania....17 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8d0OnnKQlg

Just freaky.:eek:
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 9 of the songs previously online as hopefuls made the grade. Some decent songs failed to get through.

I notice Kevin Borg has a hand in one of the entries.

On escnation they've found 13

http://www.escnation.com/mbnews/viewmsg.php?id=3142127
    Forum Member

It's like Ben Mitchell when the Ritalin has ran out.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    837,000 televotes cast in tonight's Unser Song not sure if that's a good sign or not.

In a country of 81m+ people? It doesn't sound good to me. :o
  • fruitangfruitang Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Welcome fruity! I'm not going either, but there's a few here who are

Will you be joining us for National Final season? There's some cracking events coming up, with MelFest hopefully about to get better, Eesti Laul from Estonia starting on Saturday, and if you get a chance to catch the Latvian final too, oh my there are some performances in there :D

Hi BBAnne! I'm definitely going to try my best to catch some of the other NFs (already managed to grab that acronym from reading these forums :))

I have to say, despite people saying that MelFest hasn't got going yet, I really like Skyline. Ok David Lindgren seems to strain (or rather scream) the high notes but the poppyness of it is right up my street. Really like Hello Goodbye too but with it only getting to the second chance, highly doubt it will be the choice for Sweden.

Thanks for the tips, sounds like Latvia will be a fun one to watch! :p
  • Markyd10Markyd10 Posts: 249
    Forum Member

I shouldn't have watched this before bed :eek:
  • fruitangfruitang Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Ah 2 semi final for Romania makes sense - just had a look back and Zaleilah, how did this not do better? Such a summery song, would have thought a top 10 finish at least!

Totally agree with you, Zaleilah was in my top 3 last year. I wonder if perhaps their performance let it down a bit because as a recorded track it definitely kicked off the summer for me :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fruitang wrote: »
    Totally agree with you, Zaleilah was in my top 3 last year. I wonder if perhaps their performance let it down a bit because as a recorded track it definitely kicked off the summer for me :)

It was one of my favourites last year, one of the only songs that found its way onto my iPod
    Forum Member
    fruitang wrote: »

I think the technical issues scuppered their chances.

There is a hilarious gif of the moment she points to her earpiece when she realises it's all going wrong, but I can't find it!
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if this thread will even make 3 days:eek:
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    In a country of 81m+ people? It doesn't sound good to me. :o

could go either way, only a small percentage of the viewers will actually vote anyway I think and lots of people may have thought they had done their bit voting for free on the radio vote.

Germany are now 3rd in the odds on odds checker.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a hilarious gif of the moment she points to her earpiece when she realises it's all going wrong, but I can't find it!

I remember that gif! It was hillarious
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of good uptempo songs, waiting on a big ballad, wonder where it will come from. Serbia is my first thought, but then again Anouk may well do good with a big ballad.

Any news on when we will be hearing the song from the Netherlands?
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the technical issues scuppered their chances.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4g4bcjXeV1qew089o1_500.gif

I don't remember that at all :eek:
This discussion has been closed.