Options

My MODEM woe

davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,009
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all. Finally upgraded to V+ HD last week. Box came on friday & imagine my horror when the broadband stopped working!
Phoned up cust serv. "what lights are on your modem?".
"modem?" says I, "I don't have a modem. The cable comes out of the set top box".
"But you have to have a modem".
"Well I haven't!"
It seems my old box was sooo old, that I was one of the few people left still connecting that way & when I upgraded, the rep on the phone didn't send me one.
Finally came today, but I've been without internet all weekend.
Any well else still connecting like that, make sure you get a modem!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The are still quite a few legacy customers using STB for broadband for various reasons, did you also receive a splitter in order for the STB and the modem to be connected to the same cable so they can both be used at the same time.
  • Options
    davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petey286 wrote: »
    The are still quite a few legacy customers using STB for broadband for various reasons, did you also receive a splitter in order for the STB and the modem to be connected to the same cable so they can both be used at the same time.

Yes thanks Petey, everything came as it should. It was just a warning really that if you do connect via the set-top box, make sure you mention it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davestoke wrote: »
    Yes thanks Petey, everything came as it should. It was just a warning really that if you do connect via the set-top box, make sure you mention it.
    As you were changing the box they should have checked what services you actually had and when they saw broadband you would have had a free manned install of both the Vbox and the modem, it was the fault of the person who upgraded you.