Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    Just some thoughts prior to today's show to see if I'm right, or if I later change my mind.

I've read quite a bit on the Facebook page and it's kind of coloured some of my opinions...

Comments below hidden because it contains a potential guide as to the winning B&B
    Although I hadn't gone to the TA site and found the winning property, I have had a look at Kristin's and having previously thought that owner's responses to negative reviews say far more than positive reviews they get, in her case I think I've changed my mind, and also because of her comments on the Facebook page.

Despite not giving away the result it seems pretty clear that it wasn't Kristin or Maggie and Ian who won and there isn't any love lost between them either by the look.

At the moment Kristin's my favourite, which is not how I felt before this week started.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    I went to Austria and Germany in the 80s but I didn't notice any stinky loos. In 2011, I went to Berlin for a few nights. There were no stinky loos that time either but in East Berlin I did notice the stinky drains.

The hotel in Berlin was lovely. I have no complaints at all but I wouldn't stay there again because I would prefer a different location. The 4IAB question 'Would you stay here again,' is a yes or no. They don't factor in any reasons. So even if the hotel is perfectly decent, the owners can get the wrong impression if they get a no.

I agree with your last lines as several competitors have qualified their answers with, "not in this room", or another good reason and it isnt mentioned on the form.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like todays hosts much as people but their rooms seem quite nice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    That is the cup I liked too!
    And me:)
    I think both men are intimidated by Kristin's confidence.
    Don't think they know quite what to make of her
    Wonder why the Eileen got so upset with Ian?
    It's one of those moments when you wonder what's been happening behind the scenes.

I think Kristin is suffering from that common problem of speaking in a 2nd language. The subtly of tone is hard to get and the humour or lightheartedness in a comment can be lost. I think both the married couples are just not skilled enough to make allowances for that.
    Yes. She's not being given the benefit of the doubt.
    daisydee wrote: »
    I thought that was pure production set up - the way the camera panned back to give a full shot of everybody sitting at their tables in a way that gave out a sense of 'frosty atmosphere'. :rolleyes:

gilliedew wrote: »
    About Kristen sitting with her back to the others, she walked in quite tentatively, I think she was unsure of how she would be welcomed and did as I would, sit in the nearest chair at the next table. In hindsight it could be viewed to be rude but at a moments decision, understandable and when the others came in a sat at her table, I think it may have been a decision made by the producers to get the best camera shot.

If anything Kristen seemed to be trying to break the ice for once.
    owllover wrote: »
    Yes I do agree with you Solar. When I made my comment I wasn't so much thinking of their business - I was trying to work out what it is about Eileen that makes me ever so slightly uncomfortable.

She's charming but slightly artificial at times. But also quite funny.
    I went to Austria and Germany in the 80s but I didn't notice any stinky loos. In 2011, I went to Berlin for a few nights. There were no stinky loos that time either but in East Berlin I did notice the stinky drains.
    No stinky loo stories but we once had a family holiday at a hotel in the Rhine Valley run by a harridan. When we pointed out that one of the beds had a built in slope which tipped the occupant slowly onto the floor and was not suitable to sleep in, she stared hard, shrugged and said "It's a bed". Harridan 1, Us 0.

Run out of time to answer as watching now :)
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen...silly cow
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, handbags!
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the ferrets win the whole competition.

I have gone off all of these and wouldn't want to stay with any of them.
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    I hope the ferrets win the whole competition.

I have gone off all of these and wouldn't want to stay with any of them.

Lol, weren't they cute? Ian was only joking about Eileen's coat maybe it was played up for the cameras?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    Completely agree. She seems just a bit OTT jolly hockey sticks. Jannika is one hell of a 17 year old. So mature.
    I find Kristen amusing to watch. That bluntness and straight to the point resonates with me. :p During my doomed few weeks as a B & B proprietor I couldn't wait for my guests to go. Hell I'd have even packed for them.
    The two couples seem a bit bland, although I wouldn't particularly go for the Scottish bloke and his Stepford-in Training wife. A bit of a nit-picker in my eyes.

(All OK on pups front. He's home with several stitches and looking a complete scruff with bald patches round his wounds. And after 12 solid hours sleep he's nigh on back to normal. Thanks for all your comments. It shook me up. :( )

So glad your wee dog is home, must have been awful for doggie and you.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week is another dud week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »

They seem fine better than Ian and his wife. I also think the rooms were fine apart from the dust and mould on the bath.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol, weren't they cute? Ian was only joking about Eileen's coat maybe it was played up for the cameras?

It increasingly sounds as if there's been many more digs/jokes about people from Ian than we've seen on screen.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think so too but they are now all coming over as a bunch of miseries, less so the dog eater but she will never be forgiven.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jannika seems more mature than her mum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    I think so too but they are now all coming over as a bunch of miseries, less so the dog eater but she will never be forgiven.:)

Who is the dog eater as I missed that bit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellamy wrote: »
    It increasingly sounds as if there's been many more digs/jokes about people from Ian than we've seen on screen.

Probably right but he's such a WUM best to ignore him as he likes the reaction.
  • Options
    CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Eileen...silly cow

Exacty what I expected from her.

I dont particularly like any of this lot much, 6 of 1 and half a dozen of another mostly. I can't understand why Eileen is popular on the thread.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »

I don't understand about the moaning of 'this is not to my taste' comments :confused:

It's just like viewing a house and won't buy it because they do not like the table and chairs!

They are all so picky :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urgh, sleeping on plastic sheets, no thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Marie, tonight's hostess. On Monday at breakfast she was saying she has or would eat cats, dogs, ostrich you name it!

I agree with you, Bellamy, I was just thinking Jannika is the most mature.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You'll have to go back and put it on paws:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellamy wrote: »
    Jannika seems more mature than her mum

Agreed there is something about Eileen I can't get. She is so softly spoken and her constant referral to her daughter maybe she isn't her mum! I don't know but I don't fall for her Irish charm in this episode.
  • Options
    CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonights host has no clue, he thinks Kristin is the one to beware of,
    Poor deluded chap , he's not a bad lad, he's just not bright.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exacty what I expected from her.

I dont particularly like any of this lot much, 6 of 1 and half a dozen of another mostly. I can't understand why Eileen is popular on the thread.

I think she's rapidly losing any she once had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie, tonight's hostess. On Monday at breakfast she was saying she has or would eat cats, dogs, ostrich you name it!

I agree with you, Bellamy, I was just thinking Jannike is the most mature.

Oh right strange woman!
This discussion has been closed.