Options

Vodafone "offer" not being fulfilled

ElectricWarriorElectricWarrior Posts: 258
Forum Member
Hi

I've got 3 phones on VF contracts and 3 pay as you go, which covers each member of my family.

About 4 or 5 months ago I received a call from Vodafone (definitely Vodafone and not bogus), and the guy, in a very upbeat manner, told me how great Vodafone were and due to my loyalty offered me half-price rental with any phone when I next upgraded my contracts. Because this was such a good unexpected offer I got him to repeat what he said to confirm it.

I have been with VF for years now and apparently this was a loyalty reward because they wanted to keep my business in the future!! However, I explained that my next upgrade wasn't until November, but he ensured me that this offer would be logged in VFs computer against my account and be available for me at my upgrade time.

With the onset of the iphone, I have waited until today to use the offer, but got the following response from the upgrade team.

1) There are no discounts on offer for the iphone as the prices are set by Apple!!! and the only deal they can do is the offer of add'l accessories.

2) The offer itself of half price rental is not logged in their computer database.

3) Upgrade team can't give me half-price rental as apparently it was the "outbound" team who would have made the offer.

4) They can't transfer my enquiry to the "outbound" team because they don't take "inbound" calls.

5) I offered other alternative phones but but got the response that they weren't eligible either.

My second phone is now out of contract as well, so before ditching Vodafone altogether for all my mobiles, I was wondering if anyone on this forum have had similar offers and dealings and what the outcome was.

Thanks in advance if you can help

Comments

• Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *waits for the Vodafone PR team to log on to the forum and post a very polite and generic response*
  • Options
    markrdukmarkrduk Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    *waits for the Vodafone PR team to log on to the forum and post a very polite and generic response*

Hahaha! That is sooooo true! Gotta love 'em for trying though!
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand the "Not on Iphone" stance ref offers,as 4/5 months ago Iphone on VF was possibly a pipe dream

I had a need to contact "outbound" on VF ,after they offered a great deal but this deal wasn't available from the normal sales guys , if you see post # 6 in this thread for a phone number

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=940937&highlight=outbound

it gives a direct phone number we used to contact outbound direct and got the great deal they had offered at the time on a C905 .

Good luck fingers crossed it still works but I don't hold much hope of haggling an Iphone deal

We have 2 contracts just about to end with VF and they won't budge even with threats to quit when these contracts end

Apple have them by the nuts

Post back if you get any where or anything
  • Options
    pinkie 7456pinkie 7456 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Vodafone cannot be trusted and I would recommend that people check their invoices.
    I have an email dated 25 November 2009 that my monthly price plan will be £16.28 per month and not £21.28 as charged and that the former rate will apply as of 1st December 2009. I have just checked my latest bill and lo and behold it is £21.28. Why was the charge as agreed not adhered to ?
    I find it irritating that Vodafone is obsessed with rating the help of their staff. Five lines in the email are about customer feedback, from which I quote a bit : " .... .... as per an ongoing survey you'll have to rate the resolution and assistance I've provided to you and if you are satisfied and I've helped you in your query, please give me the maximum (5) on this survey ...... and so it goes on. Well a message for VF is that one expects their staff to do their best and stop wasting time with stupid customer surveys.
    Rather train staff to act truthfully and put into practice what they promise over the phone. I was promised a rate and it was never honoured hence me having to check my invoices and then contact VF when it is incorrect. I no longer have the energy to continue doing this and will look into terminating with VF on the grounds that they have not honoured the contract agreement. I told them to listen to the original phone call and they said that it was not recorded. I now think that staff offer a good deal just to clinch a sale and perhaps a bonus for them and then it is up to the customer to expend time and energy fighting to get it right.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Hi ElectricWarrior,

For a second I thought I had deja vu, but I realised I had seen this post before in another place. (Have replied to that one too by the way! :))

It has already been explained that we can't budge on iPhone contracts as we have an agreement with Apple.

However, as you have been promised that you will receive a reduced contract for being a loyal customer. I feel that we should honour this! Sadly, we can't do it by offering a cheaper iPhone, but we will deifinitely be able to find another brilliant package for you and I'm sure we can find you a great phone as well.

If you would like to contact our team by following the link below -

Web Relations Team - Vodafone UK

(When contacting, please quote the code WRT135 in the subject line. Along with a link to this thread and your username in the message body.)

pinkie 7456 -

I wan't to look into this for you as you are clearly frustrated by our service and I would like to change your view by making sure you are being charged what was agreed at the start of the contract. Could you contact us by using the link above so we can get the ball rolling and make sure you are paying the amount taht you agreed to?

Cheers,

Espi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Coopermanyorks and all the other posts, at the moment I've responded to the post by ESPI and hopefully will get a response soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can understand the "Not on Iphone" stance ref offers,as 4/5 months ago Iphone on VF was possibly a pipe dream

I had a need to contact "outbound" on VF ,after they offered a great deal but this deal wasn't available from the normal sales guys , if you see post # 6 in this thread for a phone number

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=940937&highlight=outbound

it gives a direct phone number we used to contact outbound direct and got the great deal they had offered at the time on a C905 .

Good luck fingers crossed it still works but I don't hold much hope of haggling an Iphone deal

We have 2 contracts just about to end with VF and they won't budge even with threats to quit when these contracts end

Apple have them by the nuts

Post back if you get any where or anything

Well just an update

E-mailed Vodafone as suggested by ESPI. Got an immediate auto-reply saying I'll be contacted within 48 hours and
    NOTHING.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    you haven't waited 48 hours have you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well just an update

E-mailed Vodafone as suggested by ESPI. Got an immediate auto-reply saying I'll be contacted within 48 hours and
    NOTHING.

If nothing comes of that route , click the link I posted and ring the phone contained in it,hopefully it still works and will get you through to out bound sales
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you haven't waited 48 hours have you?

Yes, 48 hours and two full working days had passed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If nothing comes of that route , click the link I posted and ring the phone contained in it,hopefully it still works and will get you through to out bound sales

Just managed to check my e-mails and found their reply from earlier today, asking me to get in touch to discuss the upgrade.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just managed to check my e-mails and found their reply from earlier today, asking me to get in touch to discuss the upgrade.

In touch with who , though ?

surely that is back where you started talking to normal CS team ?
  • Options
    rolacola1987rolacola1987 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I would never upgrade with vodafone again, did it once, had nothing but trouble with the phone and they lied about the line rental. if i hadnt have phoned up about something else my monthly charge would have practically doubled after the first 12months. AND then they only agreed to honour the discount as a 'good will gesture' but only up to the 16month of the contract (it was an 18month contact). I have left vodafone and it'll be a while before i even think about going back to them after the experience i have had with their upgrades team
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just an update

Well here we are, 13 days since my original post on here and still no further forward.

Firstly I got an e-mail from VFs web relations team, explaining the iphone is a no-go for discounting because of restrictions laid down by Apple. They asked me to switch to another brand.

I e-mailed back suggesting a Nokia alternative but didn't get any offers on that either.

Last Wednesday I replied to them and sent screen-dumps of offers on mobile websites and forums showing clearly far better offers than VF were offering me for my "half-price" loyalty bonus, they originally offered me.

I now await their response.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just an update

Well here we are, 13 days since my original post on here and still no further forward.

Firstly I got an e-mail from VFs web relations team, explaining the iphone is a no-go for discounting because of restrictions laid down by Apple. They asked me to switch to another brand.

I e-mailed back suggesting a Nokia alternative but didn't get any offers on that either.

Last Wednesday I replied to them and sent screen-dumps of offers on mobile websites and forums showing clearly far better offers than VF were offering me for my "half-price" loyalty bonus, they originally offered me.

I now await their response.

You know you can buy from anywhere and any network. VF are not obligated to get you the very cheapest deal with every combination.

The half price thing clearly has restrictions. All I'm saying is, if FV can't do you a comparable deal there are other places to buy from.
  • Options
    iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't the price fixing of electrical good by the manufacturer through any retailer illegal !

Just the same as perhaps one of the major TV makers saying to a TV retailer you can only sell this item at £xxxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Hi ElectricWarrior,

Firstly, I would like to apologise that it has taken me so long to get round to replying on this thread. We've been far busier than we expected and we're working hard to reply to every ones posts. ;)

I was wondering whether you could update this thread with the outcome of your dealings with the Web Relations Team. It's always good to hear how people have got on and it helps us learn how we can better your experience next time around.

Thanks,

Espi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
  • Options
    KnightonKnighton Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly, I would like to apologise that it has taken me so long to get round to replying on this thread. We've been far busier than we expected and we're working hard to reply to every ones posts. ;)

In that case don't make assurances of help that you can't honour. It annoys the crap out of me when companies and their representatives do that.

Either stick to your word or instead say "we'll try to get back to you within 48 hours" and emphasis the 'try'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe EW should just contact the direct phone number , follow the link in post no 4 to see the outbound phone number