Honda Accord 2.0 I-VTEC Sport
    Caldari wrote: »
    2010 Jaguar XFR
    woodbush wrote: »
    2002 Mitsubishi Shogun 3.2DiD
    Mercedes E-Class E200 CDI AUTO,,
    greemie wrote: »
    A5 Quattro Sport Coupe 3.0 TDI V6.
    Why are folk so obssesed with daft 'digits' which follow the make name?

Whats wrong with saying I own a Ford, Alfa Romeo, Jaguar, Skoda, BMW or an Audi? :confused:

I find it amusing how people appear to hold the model type of far more importance than the vehicle make.

For the record I have a Ford Focus car and a Campervan on a Transit base chassis.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »

Whats wrong with saying I own a Ford, Alfa Romeo, Jaguar, Skoda, BMW or an Audi? :confused:

I find it amusing how people appear to hold the model type of far more importance than the vehicle make.

For the record I have a Ford Focus car and a Campervan on a Transit base chassis.

You have reminded me, my Alto is an SZ4 which gives you many extras over the SZ3. It's still a crap car, but at least it has alloy wheels and fog lights, which are not afforded to the lesser models. :cool: ;)
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are just stating the specific make and model of the car they own ie. doing the thread properly!

"Whats wrong with saying I own a Ford, Alfa Romeo, Jaguar, Skoda, BMW or an Audi?"

It's almost meaningless. You have a Ford. It could be a Fiesta or a GT40. The Audi could be an A2 or an R8 or a UR Quattro.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ludicrous post. A Mercedes ranges from about £15,000 to £500,000 so a model name kind of aids understanding.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 2009 Chrysler 300C 3lt. V6 SRT Auto Design. [ is that enough numbers ? ]

It looks awsome but behaves like a old woman in the snow, bloody hopeless.
  • cpikey316_cpikey316_ Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saab 9-3 convertible 2.0 Turbo

With fluorescent green wheels.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Audi Q7 (120,000 miles from new) and a prehistoric Defender. I'm borrowing an Audi TT Coupe for a few days from this afternoon (2.0. TFSI 211 quattro S), so significantly less DS activity on the cards.
  • MileymooMileymoo Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Honda CRV 2.2 iDTEC ES,

I didn't buy it for it's 4x4 capabilities but it served me well yesterday in the snow. My car is garaged at the bottom of a hill, which is also a dead end. I have lived here over 10 years and not one of my other cars could do the hill in the snow, without being dug out anyway!!. I was the only one who got out yesterday with no effort what so ever. Everyone else got out one way or the other, slowly but surely, other than the BMW 5 series estate, bless him not a happy bunny!
  • frangipanefrangipane Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the Me and My Penis Extension thread

You are ----ing us and ----ing the rest of the planet with your carbon-based wankology

Wake up, grow up, and learn to live
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vauxhall corsa eco something or other,buying point was the road tax of £30 a year,a lot less than my fiesta that I got rid of,which was £150,though I did love it.
  • MileymooMileymoo Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    frangipane wrote: »

You are ----ing us and ----ing the rest of the planet with your carbon-based wankology

Last time i looked i didn't own a penis poppet:eek::)
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nor me. And I'm sufficiently mature to express myself without resorting to insults or expletives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Alpha Romeo 156 T Spark.

A very sexy Italian she is. ;)

Now you've made me VERY jealous, still miss my sexy little black number but she had too much of a thirst and had to be replaced with a bland little Renault:(
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

F*** The Planet, you only live once.

If I could afford a bigger gas guzzler I would. :D
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evoque now because I love how it looks and it isn't as huge as it's bigger brother. Had a Honda Civic previously and couldn't find a single fault with it.
  • 42dragonfly42dragonfly Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I have a Vauxall Corsa B 1.2i - it's small and economical and a planet saver - but it's also a crap drive and slow, so I'm getting a SUBARU Impreza WRX STi 2.0 Turbo next week :)
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2009 Ford Focus Titanium. Practical, fun to drive, sporty when I want it to be and loads of nice extras such as Sony DAB stereo system, sports seats, heated front/back windscreens and all electric windows.
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,844
    Forum Member
    R reg Volvo S40 - cos it was cheap :D
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member

Given that most people in this thread drive rather mundane cars, I'd say you were a bit wide of the mark. How much of a carbon footprint did it take to create the device you're posting your eco-drivel from I wonder?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member

I'll be dead long before this planet and I have no kids, I'm gonna burn as much as humanly possible before I go.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Bought a new Skoda Octavia Elegance in October- bought it for practical reasons mainly as we travel the country Pat Testing so need tool boxes etc and do around 30,000miles a year. Thrilled with it!

Collected a new Octavia Elegance last week. TDI 2.0 Black 17" alloys DAB/Sat/Bluetooth DSG (semi auto) and full leather. (TMI for some tough :D). Just love this car. Replaced an Xtype Jag estate and it does almost everything that did for a lot less running costs and it has some tricks the Jag lacked.
  • GAZ237GAZ237 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chysler PT Cruiser ltd

Drinks fuel, but its different
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nissan 350Z Roadster.

350Z because I wanted a powerful sports car that handles well (and I didn't like its main rival - the Porsche Boxter). Roadster, because my wife likes roadsters.
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Someone needs more sleep.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A Nissan GTR is a completely different beast to a Nissan Leaf - so the model type is extremely important.