My Kitchen Rules - Sky Living - Thursdays

Comments

• MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Record this on the Saturday repeat...so always late.

Amazed Danny & Kev are doing well, how the chicken didn't burn:o - I like how the others watch - but Phillip & Emma getting a bye this week, doesn't seem right to me.

Pleased Steph & Gabi got through, I preferred there Hash Breakfast, to all the Pancakes.

Yeah the aussie series has the same rule but to me a bye is too much in a cooking comp!

Danny and Kev and Philip & Emma will get their comeuppance im sure :)
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching this weeks ep, How come all the camper vans have the same number plate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gah!
    My 2 favourite teams out in the first 2 weeks of this round. :(
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the three least likeable teams left lol

Kevin and Danny are very irritating, they always seem very smug and give each other knowing looks whenever anyone does anything wrong.

Agh well Alionna and her friend to win I suppose!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    Well the three least likeable teams left lol

Kevin and Danny are very irritating, they always seem very smug and give each other knowing looks whenever anyone does anything wrong.

Agh well Alionna and her friend to win I suppose!
    Have quickly gone of them over the weeks - but the opposite with Emma & Phillip, but was gutted when Steph & Gabi got the chop - the two best teams in the cook off - but it was their own fault.
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Discovered this the other day - oh please god let someone beat Danny and Kev soon?
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm - I think I see the hand of the producers too much in the selection of winning couples in this show. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm - I think I see the hand of the producers too much in the selection of winning couples in this show. :(

I think I agree. After the cook off the when tasting the food it appears as if the judges had more good things to say about the girls dishes than Phillip and Emma's, yet who got through. So either it is very poor editing or the producers are dictating who they want through.

Quite funny that both teams in the final, in each team one is far better than the other. Kev and Phillip are really being carried by their team mate.

Will watch the final but really not bothered who wins out of these two. I hope it gets another series though and they learn from where this could have been so much better.
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen every season of the Aus show (the 5th is still in progress), but only watched the first ep. of this one. How has Lorraine Pascale been as a judge? I thought she might be too nice to give tough critiques.

The Aus show has been more and more stretched out as it became more of a ratings hit. Last year it ran for 46 episodes. This year it takes them four episodes (one week) to eliminate one team, and some episodes are 90 minutes. They are up to 31 episodes and it feels like there's still a long way to go.
  • swansea steveswansea steve Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    definite producer interference last night! as others have said, the judges were more complimentary about the girls food but they still go out. Have to say though, Emma must be an amazing cook to be carrying Phillip like she is. He was so full of big talk at the start of the show but, quite honestly, he's hopeless!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    triton333 wrote: »
    I've seen every season of the Aus show (the 5th is still in progress), but only watched the first ep. of this one. How has Lorraine Pascale been as a judge? I thought she might be too nice to give tough critiques.

The Aus show has been more and more stretched out as it became more of a ratings hit. Last year it ran for 46 episodes. This year it takes them four episodes (one week) to eliminate one team, and some episodes are 90 minutes. They are up to 31 episodes and it feels like there's still a long way to go.

She's been very good - and often makes very perceptive comments on their mistakes during the cooking process too - and doesn't always agree with Jason.

... all of which is a big surprise to me. Because of the way she has seemingly shot to cookery stardom out of nowhere (just on the back of little experience, and a quick degree taken after she started her first programme) I expected to find she was just a media creation with influential contacts (Marco PW). Easy on the eye and ear but with no real substance or talent.

But, I have to say, I have been pleasantly surprised. She speaks with confidence and authority and seems to know her stuff ..... as well as being easy on the eye and ear!
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    She's been very good - and often makes very perceptive comments on their mistakes during the cooking process too - and doesn't always agree with Jason.

... all of which is a big surprise to me. Because of the way she has seemingly shot to cookery stardom out of nowhere (just on the back of little experience, and a quick degree taken after she started her first programme) I expected to find she was just a media creation with influential contacts (Marco PW). Easy on the eye and ear but with no real substance or talent.

But, I have to say, I have been pleasantly surprised. She speaks with confidence and authority and seems to know her stuff ..... as well as being easy on the eye and ear!

I agree - I remember watching her progs a while back thinking "who??" but she's been pretty good!
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I'm in the massive minority here but I was glad the girls went.
    They were quite average cooks and they were extremely lucky to win the two previous challenges to get eliminated, I thought they were the weakest of all the finalists. In saying all that they were lovely people and a joy to watch on scree, great fun :)
    I like Emma and Phil, but I think I would rather anyone to win than the two guys. I find them so unlikable, just can't warm to them.
    Whereas Phil was a plonker to begin with I find him a nice enough guy. Emma seems lovely.

I agree with others Lorraine is a great host. She's knowledgeable and fair and encouraging but holds no punches either. Really impressed with her, and Jason, they work well together good rapport.

I found the later stages of this competition really rushed compared to the Australian version I saw before, but that goes on for weeks and weeks and I guess they could not invest that much in the show without knowing how it would be received. I think it's a pity Channel 4 did not go with this instead of the awful Taste. It deserves a bigger audience.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member

She has actually worked in professional kitchens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    She has actually worked in professional kitchens.

Yes but not for long I don't think - and I got the impression she didn't really prosper or develop in that environment.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Yes but not for long I don't think - and I got the impression she didn't really prosper or develop in that environment.

Developed enough to set up her own cake shop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good to hear about Lorraine and Jason. I think I would like this, but I'm sure the network here in Aus has the rights tied up as part of the deal and will probably keep it on the shelf in case viewers tire of the format.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i do like the programme but i think the final stages have been a bit rushed, i feel like it has gone bang bang bang final.... i also don't really like Kev and his pal and feel like the some of the better cooks went early on. Emma and Phil are also a bit annoying so i don't really care who wins.

The judges have been great but i do wish Jason would pronounce his TH properly (petty i know but i don't like it when he says "fink" and "fought" instead of "think" and "thought") i find it very distracting.

I hope this gets a second, longer series. I fink the pop up restaurants were the best part.
  • Steph_CuckowSteph_Cuckow Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting to feel like its fixed for Phil and Emma to win.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I like Phil and Emma, but was amazed they got into the final.

And Danny & Kev in the final too, would never have believed that at the start, even just a couple of weeks ago.
    triton333 wrote: »

I'm enjoying the UK version {about 10 episodes} - but 46.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the UK version {about 10 episodes} - but 46.:o

And most of them were the top-rating prime-time show for the night, so the cumulative audience is massive (by our standards). I'll report the number of episodes this season when it ends. I bet it's more than 46. :p
    Forum Member
    I was such a big fan of this series but the since the home kitchen rounds its gone so far downhill

The only likeable teams went in the first 3 eliminations and unfairly I might add

The way a team who were rubbish in the home round can make one bfst dish and get a bye into the next round, yet the best team have to go into a double cook off

At the end of the day, I feel the producers assisted the competitors who would stir things up ie the Essex blokes and the posh hairdresser and client

I hoped this might get the green light for a 2nd series but I think ill stick with the Aussie series, so much better
  • batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Emma is deserving but Phil is beyond useless.
    Forum Member
    Ive missed the last episode but ive now seen who is in the Final AARRGGHHH the 2 worst couples

Will Not be watching, I now have zero interest and glad no one is really watching,
  • Steph_CuckowSteph_Cuckow Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok i ll watch next series now. Still undecided on how much influence producers are having but that seems to be happening a lot lately :-(