Options

EE: Linda, Sharon and Kat PROMO. "Everybody hurts"...

Comments

• Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon's dress drenched in blood - but clearly not her own. Intriguing.
  • Options
    tiggy123tiggy123 Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I thought Kat suffers bad burns in the fire..:confused::cry:
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think that it's Denny that gets shot and that's his blood. I don't think she'd be that upset over anyone else.

I did wonder at the very beginning whether it would be Denny who got shot in the crossfire or whether he got hold of the gun and accidentally set it off but it's the 'will Shirley set things off with a bang?' that concerns me! I don't want her to shoot anyone!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I did wonder at the very beginning whether it would be Denny who got shot in the crossfire or whether he got hold of the gun and accidentally set it off but it's the 'will Shirley set things off with a bang?' that concerns me! I don't want her to shoot anyone!

That could be more to do with her starting all the drama by telling Sharon what Phil had been up to....double cross, cheating...
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    Sharon's dress drenched in blood - but clearly not her own. Intriguing.

I thought it looked like her own, though it was dry blood so who knows, suppose it could be anyone's blood. I think Sharon would be upset if she shot anyone as she isn't a killer. I think Shirley might end up shooting Sharon though.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I was meant to laugh but I did. Soz.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Is this being shown on he tele?

I think I heard it in the next room just before the news.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I was meant to laugh but I did. Soz.

It is a bit cringe, I agree. Not the best trailer I've ever seen.
  • Options
    EE Fan 1990EE Fan 1990 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen it after new tricks
    This is going to showcase Jessie Wallace at her best
    The Linda bit was eery which I think is good. I presume she will try and hide it for a while?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    It is a bit cringe, I agree. Not the best trailer I've ever seen.

I'm not sure I like this new, happy EastEnders.
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the stains on Sharon's dress are her own blood stains. I must admit I was more shocked at how daft she looks in that dress and veil...

Can this all be happening in September? I could have sworn that the wedding was supposed to be November. Or maybe I dreamt that.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the trailer. Hope they show it on television. Very effective.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    That could be more to do with her starting all the drama by telling Sharon what Phil had been up to....double cross, cheating...

I'm hoping it doesn't mean literally and it was just a pun due to the envitablitly of the gun playing a part.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    I don't think the stains on Sharon's dress are her own blood stains. I must admit I was more shocked at how daft she looks in that dress and veil...

Can this all be happening in September? I could have sworn that the wedding was supposed to be November. Or maybe I dreamt that.

Yes I wish they would stop putting her silly ill fitting frocks they just look wrong on her.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »

Very Miss Haversham :D
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Love the trailer. Hope they show it on television. Very effective.

It's a TV trailer. If it has the BBC one logo at the bottom (which is shown at the end), it's shown on TV :)
  • Options
    red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Eastenders...

Why does everything that is awful and tragic have to happen to the women on this show? Rapes, cancer, murder, cheating etc...

Eastenders' producers really don't like women do they?
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    The BBC synopsis of the trailer said "there are heart wrenching times ahead for Kat, Sharon and Linda this Autumn". I think Denny will get shot. That would really destroy Sharon. Kat's burns will absolutely devastate her so that will be Kat's trauma. Linda's trauma is the rape. 3 ladies will do a really good job in the aftermath.
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't view it in Ireland. Sad face

Sorsha can you get Utv? If so then you should be able to get Utv player...hope you get to see it...
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    red_amber wrote: »
    Wow, Eastenders...

Why does everything that is awful and tragic have to happen to the women on this show? Rapes, cancer, murder, cheating etc...

Eastenders' producers really don't like women do they?

I don't think that's the case at all, the female character's IMO are the strongest lead on the soap that's why they are used so much, I'm not saying the males ain't but the females just hold there own in storylines 90% of the time.

Stacey, Kat, Ronnie, Denise, Linda, Sharon, Lauren etc characters that are normally always given theses types of storylines, probably just seems tragic because of the subject matter but I guess it better then watching paint dry.
  • Options
    red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I don't think that's the case at all, the female character's IMO are the strongest lead on the soap that's why they are used so much, I'm not saying the males ain't but the females just hold there own in storylines 90% of the time.

Stacey, Kat, Ronnie, Denise, Linda, Sharon, Lauren etc characters that are normally always given theses types of storylines, probably just seems tragic because of the subject matter but I guess it better then watching paint dry.

It's not just Eastenders that does this, it's all soaps. They tend to turn to turn their female characters into victims, but hey, as long as they can go through all this shit and still cook dinner whilst keeping a stiff upper lip - that's ok.

When was the last time you saw a male character with a serious illness on these shows? I think it would be a good idea if they portrayed a male character with cancer for instance as males are less likely to seek medical assistance when things go wrong - that would be something topical instead of rehashing the same old 'female' storylines...
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great trailer. I do agree that EE really puts it's women through the mill.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    red_amber wrote: »
    It's not just Eastenders that does this, it's all soaps. They tend to turn to turn their female characters into victims, but hey, as long as they can go through all this shit and still cook dinner whilst keeping a stiff upper lip - that's ok.

When was the last time you saw a male character with a serious illness on these shows? I think it would be a good idea if they portrayed a male character with cancer for instance as males are less likely to seek medical assistance when things go wrong - that would be something topical instead of rehashing the same old 'female' storylines...

Tony in Hollyoaks had a testicle cancer story in Hollyoaks this time last year. It was very well done till the hollyoaks later spinoff
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »

Q: Is Eastenders misogynistic??

all these women as victims- victims of men!

Wheres the strong women? Wheres the survivors, the bon vivant, the BITCH even?? (I miss Janine) Cora covers some of this but is a pale immitation of Janine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Q: Is Eastenders misogynistic??

all these women as victims- victims of men!

Wheres the strong women? Wheres the survivors, the bon vivant, the BITCH even?? (I miss Janine) Cora covers some of this but is a pale immitation of Janine

THIS. THIS. THIS. Only this year we've had the murder/death/killing of a young woman.