...how did he even get Housing Insurance? (eastenders spoilers)

KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He was penniless. Surely there is no way the insurance will pay out if he just got it, they will detect fraud instantly

"Hmm, Mr. Moon took out insurance on the 12th, and then his house burned down on the 15th, nah, it must just be a coincidence, lets give him £40,000" is the more likely option howwever

Comments

• Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The document was dated 6th January. Quite strange though. I wouldn't have thought buying contents insurance was at the top of the list when you've just found out you're having twins.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »
    The document was dated 6th January. Quite strange though. I wouldn't have thought buying contents insurance was at the top of the list when you've just found out you're having twins.

It would be at the top of the list if you had just moved though. They moved into the house near the end of December, so getting insurance in January makes sense.
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Contents insurance is quite a normal thing to have, and it was not long after they'd moved into the house that the letter was dated. Depending on the company and how much you're insured for, it doesn't even cost that much.

Seems perfectly reasonable that he'd have it.

However, he ain't going to get a LOT of money for it, and all it will mean if they move into another place is that don't have enough money to buy stuff to go into it.
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah cool, I thought the doc said September ,my mistake
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been wondering this too! I'm not sure but I've always assumed that house insurance was for homeowners as in who ever pays the mortgage! Don't they rent that house? In saying that it's good they are doing something different with Kat and Alfie and Shane has been surprisingly good so far!
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrfenty wrote: »
    I've been wondering this too! I'm not sure but I've always assumed that house insurance was for homeowners as in who ever pays the mortgage! Don't they rent that house? In saying that it's good they are doing something different with Kat and Alfie and Shane has been surprisingly good so far!

There's two, home insurance and contents insurance. Most people on a mortgage or owning the home would get a combined policy, but in this case the council will have house insurance and Alfie has contents insurance.
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I rent so I have contents insurance on it.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't they only pay out if you've had the insurance for a year?