Hollyoaks Later 2013 [CHAT THREAD]

Comments

• Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beegee82 wrote: »
    Patronise much? Just saying one cocaine overdose wont mean the liver isnt fit for donating. Chill out jeeeeez

Again wrong a drug alcohol or chemical related death would make all organs non viable for transplant. Even if it the persons first contact with drugs.
  • beegee82beegee82 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Dying from a cocaine overdose doesn't mean ONE occasion of taking the drug. He could have been an addict for years before death for all we know.

Its one possibility, yes. But to assume everyone who dies from an overdose is an addict is a slightly ignorant view, no?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its one possibility, yes. But to assume everyone who dies from an overdose is an addict is a slightly ignorant view, no?

I never said everyone who dies from an overdose is an addict.

I was offering the opposite view to what you implied. That one cocaine overdose = one use and no damage to the body.

Hence my use of the word "could".
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Well to be fair, we don't know if he did die from an overdose.

But since we're on the topic, i'll take this opportunity to post this link...

https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/how_to_become_a_donor/registration/consent.asp

Only takes a minute and it's a really important thing to do.:)

Now, back to the hot-tubs, monkeys and Dom's strip-tease talk...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again wrong a drug alcohol or chemical related death would make all organs non viable for transplant. Even if it the persons first contact with drugs.

Not strictly 100% true. Improbable yes, but not impossible.
  • cmazzacmazza Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, just catching up with this. Who is the guy with Holly and how did she almost kill him? thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I never said everyone who dies from an overdose is an addict.

I was offering the opposite view to what you implied. That one cocaine overdose = one use and no damage to the body.

Hence my use of the word "could".

Apologies, was getting you confused with the first person who belitted my original post on the matter. I was just simply saying his liver was obviously fit for donation... I mean this happened in Hollyoaks after all. It HAS to be 100% true to life, just like everything else that happens there!! ;P
    Forum Member

What if they had a heart attack because of drugs, would it be the same then? Presumably the rest of the organs wouldn't be effected. Could they still donate other things other than vital organs, you know like eyes and lymph nodes etc.? Sorry to bombard you with questions, i'm just curious. Ignore me if you want. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cmazza wrote: »
    Hi, just catching up with this. Who is the guy with Holly and how did she almost kill him? thanks.

Some creepy "friend" of Jade's... Holly was messing about with a rigle yesterday and nearly shot him.
  • cmazzacmazza Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some creepy "friend" of Jade's... Holly was messing about with a rigle yesterday and nearly shot him.

Thank you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cmazza wrote: »
    Thank you :D

No probs! I obviously meant RIFLE tho... Time for bed for me I think!!
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I'm still sticking with my "Jade's boyfriend is dead and that's where Esther's donation came from". I'm guessing because of her drug use, she's in the middle of a psychotic break brought on by his death. That's why he said that Esther didn't deserve "the life I gave her". Jade hallucinated him having a fit, and the reason he was gone when they all got there is because he wasn't there to begin with. She was also the one that bashed Freaky McWeirdo's head in. We already know she dislikes him intensely.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Jade and her boyfriend Sam must've been partying and doing drugs on the day he died from the drugs he taken. His family dornated his liver to the hostipal and somehow it arvived for Esther to live again. Jade loseing her boyfriend made sad, lonely and unstable making her take drugs witch is bad for her sainty, making her see her dead boyfriend telling her track down however has his liver see if they are worthy of his gift of life. Jade take Esther to her uncles place to find out if she right person for her boyfriends liver. Trying to sleep with Esther by touching her scar was a test to see what she is like and see her reaction as well. Jade very disappointed with Esther, the person in the mask Callum waer Jade killing Wes taking her rage out on him, another reason to kill Wes he knows things about her Jade killing Wes so he doesn't tell them anything. That convation they had eaarier meant they didn't like each other. Seeing her dead boyfriend Sam and agreeing with him Esther doesn't derveres his gift of life. Both of them doing drungs, while Jade in the bathroom, hears a nose trys to get help, gets Tilly, Esther and Callum to help her boyfriend Sam who's not there at all. Jade seeing him die like that was a flashback playing on Jades mind what happened to him once he died.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    It is such an odd one...

Holly has been a pain and unbearable - but given a storyline and the actress came alive and managed to pull it off!

But she is leaving?! Now?!
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if they had a heart attack because of drugs, would it be the same then? Presumably the rest of the organs wouldn't be effected. Could they still donate other things other than vital organs, you know like eyes and lymph nodes etc.? Sorry to bombard you with questions, i'm just curious. Ignore me if you want. :)

Once drugs have entered the blood stream all internal organs will be effected within minutes. Remember an donar organ recipiant will be on all sorts of medication antibiotics amuno suppresants etc, any residual drugs or alcohol would cause a serious risk to the resipiant of a doner organ, as a result if anyone dies as a direct result of drugs or alcohol is imediatley ruled out as a doner. The only parts of the body that may be viable would be lenses and cornias and possibly bone and cartilage.
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patronise much? Just saying one cocaine overdose wont mean the liver isnt fit for donating. Chill out jeeeeez

No, you said drugs don't affect the liver like alcohol. That's unbelievably misguided. Drugs most certainly do affect the liver and most vital organs like alcohol, if not far worse. And if you die from an overdose the likelihood is that most of your vital organs are f**ked and not fit for donation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Overall a good start to the new Later series. Looking forward to how the week pans out. Just hoping the lovely Tony doesn't die.

I think it will be very unfair to the loyal viewers of the regular show if Tony gets killed off in Later! :-/
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole mask thing is reminding me of Pretty Little Liars... not complaining, it's my favorite show :P

Some Ali Dilurantes stuff going on, lol. (maybe Jade is A):D
  • Karen_Grant_WasKaren_Grant_Was Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Notmesilas wrote: »
    I think it will be very unfair to the loyal viewers of the regular show if Tony gets killed off in Later! :-/

Tony doesn't die he is in episodes in a couple of weeks cause diane goes into labour
  • SexyBabe73SexyBabe73 Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched hollyoaks in months but I am watching ho later purely for fin-he was my fave character, loved him and he is so so hot :P ho in the 90's was so good!
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Jade and her boyfriend Sam must've been partying and doing drugs on the day he died from the drugs he taken. His family dornated his liver to the hostipal and somehow it arvived for Esther to live again. Jade loseing her boyfriend made sad, lonely and unstable making her take drugs witch is bad for her sainty, making her see her dead boyfriend telling her track down however has his liver see if they are worthy of his gift of life. Jade take Esther to her uncles place to find out if she right person for her boyfriends liver. Trying to sleep with Esther by touching her scar was a test to see what she is like and see her reaction as well. Jade very disappointed with Esther, the person in the mask Callum waer Jade killing Wes taking her rage out on him, another reason to kill Wes he knows things about her Jade killing Wes so he doesn't tell them anything. That convation they had eaarier meant they didn't like each other. Seeing her dead boyfriend Sam and agreeing with him Esther doesn't derveres his gift of life. Both of them doing drungs, while Jade in the bathroom, hears a nose trys to get help, gets Tilly, Esther and Callum to help her boyfriend Sam who's not there at all. Jade seeing him die like that was a flashback playing on Jades mind what happened to him once he died.

Now you explained that..i know what is going on now. I have watched the last two eps and couldn't figure out what the hell is going on.Not just this storyline but them all really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Again not possible, giving any details about doners or recipients is totally against confidentially protocol.

Esther wrote to the donor family. She wasn't given their details but could include hers and the letter was passed on by the hospital. I think whoever first mooted this idea that jade (?) is related in some way to the donor has hit the nail on the head!
    Forum Member
    Once drugs have entered the blood stream all internal organs will be effected within minutes. Remember an donar organ recipiant will be on all sorts of medication antibiotics amuno suppresants etc, any residual drugs or alcohol would cause a serious risk to the resipiant of a doner organ, as a result if anyone dies as a direct result of drugs or alcohol is imediatley ruled out. The only parts of the body that may be viable would be lenses and cornias and possibly bone and cartilage.

Had recent experience with organ donation (not personally) so that's why I asked.
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think the whole thing so far is incredulous and almost wishing I was drunk watching this so it somehow makes any sense.. threesomes and nonsense... typical Kirkwood tripe.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    becsie wrote: »
    Now you explained that..i know what is going on now. I have watched the last two eps and couldn't figure out what the hell is going on.Not just this storyline but them all really.

Looking forward to seeing more of Jade and seeing what she does next.

Two great HL epiosdes we had so far and hope the other three are very good as the other two epioseds have been.