Options

Is Abi Branning Walford's future psychopath?

fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Her character has gradually become darker in the past year. Actions such as running over Tramp and the 'things die' comment, attacking Lauren and trying to drown her, and telling Tanya and Max she wished she was the one who murdered Lucy. This clearly must be developing somewhere.

I think when Ben inevitably cheats on her with a guy, she will lose the plot even further.

Do you think Abi Branning will gradually become the next psychotic bunny boiler of Walford?

Comments

• Options
    BitoftreakleBitoftreakle Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I think it must be building to something, she's definitively delusional and slightly unhinged
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Her character has gradually become darker in the past year. Actions such as running over Tramp and the 'things die' comment, attacking Lauren and trying to drown her and telling Tanya and Max she wished she was the one who murdered Lucy. This clearly must be developing somewhere.

Do you think Abi Branning will gradually become the next psychotic bunny boiler of Walford?

Yes! She's showing little empathy or sympathy for others. I'm glad she won't become a vet any more. I can see her becoming quite twisted, at least I hope so. It would be better than a romance merry go round and nothing else.
  • Options
    ChatterFaceChatterFace Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not, I'd rather her just have her moments. It would be nice to have her as a character who flies off the handle in certain situations but isn't a psychopath or an actual killer, we are never short of psycho's in Albert Square so I'd rather her grow up to be a half decent person.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not. They've just made Jane sociopathic and Bobby is obviously heading that way. You've got Ronnie and Ben. How many does one Square in London need?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi's not a psychopath. She has shown no signs of psychosis. Abi grew up in a chaotic, dysfunctional family with parents who had little concern for how she was coping and now she no longer has Jay's support. She's going through a difficult time in her life and the only person who cares is her boyfriend, a gay murderer. I think she's heading for a breakdown.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She could be.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Keeki wrote: »
    Abi's not a psychopath. She has shown no signs of psychosis. Abi grew up in a chaotic, dysfunctional family with parents who had little concern for how she was coping and now she no longer has Jay's support. She's going through a difficult time in her life and the only person who cares is her boyfriend, a gay murderer. I think she's heading for a breakdown.

I agree.
    Even if she's showing unpleasant traits I think it's a bit much to think she's a psychopath.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the actress who plays Lady Di has recently returned to the set and her and Abi will team up bring Albert square down to it's knees.
  • Options
    jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jane and bobby could be the ones, they've got to do something with bobby!
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keeki wrote: »

When you put it like that, I think we need to get them on Jeremy Kyle! Part of me would like to see Abi go evil as I think Lorna Fitzgerald would be brilliant at it. And aren't all the Albert Square nutters products of their upbringings? Dean, Ben, Ronnie and now Bobby ...
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    One can only hope.

Let Abi unleash hell on the Walford masses.