Bush 'multiregion' (sure) DVD Player

I bought a Bush DVD2049 from Argos which was clearly advertised as been Multiregion however it will not play R1 dvd's. I have been unable to find a Manufacturer's site nor find a Region Hack (which I assume would be legal, if it was sold as Multiregion).

Comments

• lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had the same problem when we bought one on Monday, phoned Argos to tell them and they said they were going to contact the buyers about it and then get back to us.

I'm guessing it must be a new model as I haven't been able to find a multi region hack either.
  • <Finch><Finch> Posts: 3,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they would ever sell a player as Multiregion without checking those things out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I got this DVD player a few weeks back and have had no problems with it. Plays all my R1 DVD's fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJayC wrote:
    I got this DVD player a few weeks back and have had no problems with it. Plays all my R1 DVD's fine.

That's strange because we contacted Bush about it and they said it was R2 only.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Really? In the latest Argos catalouge it advertises itself as Multi-Region! Even says so on the website!?

Hope you've taken it back then, blatant false advertising there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Just had a look at the web argos site and has a lovely mis-leading advert!
    Bush DVD2049 Multi Region DVD Player with Display. 5334836

£29.99

Silver.

DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, JPEG picture and CD playback compatibility.

Dolby down mix sound system.
    2 channel stereo output.
    Supports region 2 coding.
    1 SCART socket.
    Remote control requires 2 x AAA batteries (supplied).
    230v AC mains operation.
    Size (H)47, (W)36, (D)26cm.
    Weight 1.95 kg.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJayC wrote:
    Really? In the latest Argos catalouge it advertises itself as Multi-Region! Even says so on the website!?

Hope you've taken it back then, blatant false advertising there!

We've contacted Trading Standards about it and they're currently looking into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lym wrote:
    We've contacted Trading Standards about it and they're currently looking into it.
    Nice!

I just took it back - atleast some people stand up for whats right.
  • zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought an Akura 148 DVD and it's multiregion. Very useful as a second player and half my collection is R1. I found a regional hack for it online but when I got it and tried it it was multiregion out of the box!

Miller Brothers are doing it for £19.99
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    have you thought about it being a hidden menu you have to activate?

have you googled the model name/number for multi region

mine is the alba dvd45 (30 quid argos couple of yrs ago) and i found the code online and now i can watch any region i wish
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    schmoo wrote:
    have you thought about it being a hidden menu you have to activate?

have you googled the model name/number for multi region

mine is the alba dvd45 (30 quid argos couple of yrs ago) and i found the code online and now i can watch any region i wish
    Searched and Searched but there was no code - I think it was new so nobody had cracked it yet, but either way Argos were still advertising misleading information.

Curry's have a DVD player on their site and the code to make it multi-region is right there for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    i got an ebook or something off t'internet with a hiowj list of players and the codes

will have to dig it out cos ive wiped my machine since.

just need make and model

:)
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, i was going to get one of these, think i'll hold off a day or two now!!

Someone try this:

Open the disc tray
    Key 9735 on your remote
    System Set Up will appear but this time with a list of 0-6 Regions.
    Use the arrow keys to direct yourself to the appropriate region.
    If you opt for region 0 this is multiregion.

I've heard it works...can someone please confirm???
    PS - does the player play JPEGS on a CD? The Argos website says yes, but the catalogue says no (really helpful!!).
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the above multi region hack work? And does the player play jpegs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    bought exact same one... getting fobbed off with an 'apology' from Argos and an offer of a full refund IF I take it back - they're not willing to collect or exchange...

Am just contacting Trading Standards here on Anglesey so will let you know if anything happens.

Anybody who has complained to Argos already would you be so kind as to email me - I'm really trying to find out 'when' Argos were notified of this problem and if they had nto done anything to rectify the false or misleading description they could be fined it seems ;)

iesugrist@yahoo.com if anybody wished to send me details - especially any complaints to Argos in January or before.... thanks :)