Who else misses Spooks?

13»

Comments

• Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spooks movie on the way:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/s120/spooks/news/a528064/spooks-movie-the-greater-good-to-shoot-in-2014-plot-details-revealed.html

Rather unexpected. Is this just a BBC feature length thing or are they aiming for cinema?
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really pleased about the Spooks movie. Hopefully some familiar characters will star in the film alongside Harry. I assume that this will be shown in cinemas.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No - the series jumped the shark. I miss Harry though. Check out Peter Firth as a teen in The Double Deckers on YouTube lol.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really pleased about the Spooks movie. Hopefully some familiar characters will star in the film alongside Harry. I assume that this will be shown in cinemas.

Old thread, but hey - I guess there will be a thread in the movie board closer to the time :o

But a piece of news along the lines of familiar characters for The Greater Good
    Malcolm is back according to Hugh Simon's CV
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHrizHJ8ObI

Looks interesting.. although I suspect it will just make me wish they were doing a new series. I miss it.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    I would love to get another series of Spooks. Been watching them on Sony TV too. Looking forward to the film.

And I dont suppose we can just forget Adam died can we? I think he can come back lol
  • Options
    Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Molly Hunt wrote: »
    ... and then her whole head! [Episode 2 Series 1]

Did that really happen so early in the series? I always thought it was halfway through series 2, I stopped watching for the rest of that series as it really made me feel ill, even now it gives me shivers, it was so realistic. I was going through a squeamish phase at the time. I came back to it though, it was always going to be my kind of programme.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump!

Drama are screening the first series starting tonight at 9PM and again at 1.40 AM
  • Options
    VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up after the end of the second series because some of the plots were so utterly ludicrous.

Particularly the final episodes of those two series.

It's a long time ago so I can't remember all the details but two things I do remember:

In the series one final episode, no home security system would ever be designed in such a way that it could trap occupants in a house.

In the even more ridiculous ending of series two, the frame involved various people behaving in exactly the way necessary for the plan to work, at many different points over its course. As with a lot of Hustle stories, yes, the plan might have worked, but no one would plan it that way because it only needed the tiniest deviation form the expected behaviour of one character and it would be kaput.

In particular, in this instance, IIRC, the plan relied on two of Tom's colleagues to go exactly (and somewhat pedantically) by the book at one point and to go seriously against it at another another. So it actually relied upon people behaving seriously inconsistently.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I don't think spooks was ever meant to be realistic. I do miss old Harry, but the movie, lets not go there.

It was shot on film I believe but no blu ray as of yet.:(
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this - I originally began watching from about series 4 but managed to catch the first 3 series on various Sky channels, all apart the the very first few episodes (including THE classic Lisa Faulkner ep)
    I'm pleased I can finally catch them.
  • Options
    LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKTV's Drama channel just started showing Spooks from the start tonight (repeat at 1:40am) - Drama is on Freesat channel 162

Drat, just read the same above :)
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    ads84 wrote: »
    Thanks for this - I originally began watching from about series 4 but managed to catch the first 3 series on various Sky channels, all apart the the very first few episodes (including THE classic Lisa Faulkner ep)
    I'm pleased I can finally catch them.

Still remember that.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    No not really. It had a very long run and it became very predictable on the whole just like other similar programmes are too.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    I don't think spooks was ever meant to be realistic. I do miss old Harry, but the movie, lets not go there.

It was shot on film I believe but no blu ray as of yet.:(

I remember one of the broadsheet newspaper doing an interview with a female MI5 bigwig and they said she laughed out loud when they asked if the job in real life had any similarities with Spooks but I wonder how it does differ then? Not as much action in real life and more stuffy/polite?
  • Options
    ricinusricinus Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Bump!

Drama are screening the first series starting tonight at 9PM and again at 1.40 AM

My wife tried watching it but gave up because of all the adverts. Ruined it she said. I've got the DVDs somewhere so we'll try again with those.