Windows XP - Remote Assistance

First question - is it okay to post PC related questions on this forum? I see there are a lot of knowledgable people here so sure someone can help but there doesn't appear to be a PC-specific forum area.

Anyway, assuming it is okay, has anyone been able to successfully set up Remote Assistance on Windows XP Home, between two PC's in different locations and on different connections. I've tried this a few times with my brother's PC but all we ever get is a 'failed to connect' message (or similar). We've looked at help pages on various websites but I'm wondering if it's linked to router or firewall settings (although we've also tried it with firewalls temporarily switched off but also to no avail).

So if anyone has got this to work and can offer any tips, they'd be gratefully received!

Comments

• Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a PC Forum further down called "Computing & Networks" expect the Mods to move this thread there.

Remote Assistance isn't available with XP Home only XP Pro, perhaps that's why you are having problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Whoops sorry didn't look further down past the Media section!

Please move this thread to that forum.