✭✭
    systemcv wrote: »
    Thought the sketch with the guy and his parents went on too long

That one made me laugh :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    neon tiger wrote: »
    Father Ted had a short section similar to this with a priest phone line. They're both funny though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGcE7IvCTs

Linehan is re-hashing his own stuff it seems.

And the argument about the parents trying to give their son money was just a re-don Mrs Doyle and her friend rowing about paying in 'Mainland'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGcE7IvCTs

Linehan is re-hashing his own stuff it seems.

And the argument about the parents trying to give their son money was just a re-don Mrs Doyle and her friend rowing about paying in 'Mainland'.

Does Graham Linehan write for Armstrong and Miller then? Because it wouldn't be the first time he's done that, the subplot with Jen's stereotypically gay date in The IT Crowd episode "The Work Outing" is almost exactly the same as the subplot with Fran's stereotypically gay date in an episode of Black Books. Both were still funny, though.

Otherwise I thought this episode was pretty good. The first two were better, but I enjoyed it. Disappointed the vampires didn't do their gliding thing though.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the best this week but the final "Origin of ............" was superb.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Does Graham Linehan write for Armstrong and Miller then? Because it wouldn't be the first time he's done that, the subplot with Jen's stereotypically gay date in The IT Crowd episode "The Work Outing" is almost exactly the same as the subplot with Fran's stereotypically gay date in an episode of Black Books. Both were still funny, though.

Otherwise I thought this episode was pretty good. The first two were better, but I enjoyed it. Disappointed the vampires didn't do their gliding thing though.
    Yes. They've got a decent set of writers credited on the show.
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think this has been a corker of a series.As always with a sketch show there are hit and miss bits and we can all debate what they are but I think definitely more hit.

Loved the tv news presenter and the time delay to Turkistan, silly - just silly - but it really made me laugh.Week before last I chuckled at the 'Origins of charity' sketch where the cave man chugger said that 'they' were cutting down areas of forest the size of whales. Subtle but very clever.

Not too sure about the carpet/bed seller sketches but you can't win all the time.

I still remember the Farmers Market song from ep1, brilliant, but glad they haven't done a song every time - do you remember that comedy shows always had to have a song, really annoying.

Oh, forgot - the train going by when the guy was trying to think up the tune for 'Hilter has only got one ball.....' Again, silly but made me laugh.

I could go on - and I have. But this series has just done it for me.

Appreciate others may not be so enamoured, but hey, each to their own.

And I didn't even mention the Pilots...(doh!!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    mustard99 wrote: »
    silly - just silly - but it really made me laugh.

Sometimes that's all you need. Good Job A&M, good job

xxx
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mustard99 wrote: »
    And I didn't even mention the Pilots...(doh!!)

That's like against our human rights and s*** like that and we is gonna phone our lawyers and sue you, isn't it??

The Old School Vampires and Dennis Lincoln-Park are just as good as the Chav Pilots IMO
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,002
    Forum Member
    The 'Hitler/One ball' sketch was one of the funniest sketches I have seen for a long long time. The train horn was inspired:D

Have really been impressed with this series, 'Divorcing Father' is painfully funny.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the way "Enlightenment" has got to the stage where Lincoln-park knows he is going to destroy the artifact, we know he is going to destroy it and its just a matter of time until it happens:D

I'm sure some train-spottery type can correct me but surely the train horn was off a post WW2 diesel?

Standard, isn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    isn't though??
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,002
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I'm sure some train-spottery type can correct me but surely the train horn was off a post WW2 diesel?

I hope so as it is what made the joke even more funnier.:)
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, a steam train whistle wouldn't have had quite the same effect :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I love the way "Enlightenment" has got to the stage where Lincoln-park knows he is going to destroy the artifact, we know he is going to destroy it and its just a matter of time until it happens:D

It's the moment when he thinks it's actually going to be OK and a relaxed look comes over his face. Then.............

The Vampires are growing on me. Love the sofa scenes:

"Help me!"

"She's started to learn English."

The Pilots were hilarious this week.

Poor Arg:cry: wife leave........
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    tennisman wrote: »
    I laghed out loud yesterday while watching the 3,457th re-run of the James Bond You Only Live Twice, where after Bond leaves the meeting with the Japanes Cheif Executive, the guy looks at his secretary and says.....

'Kill him'

Was this scene the inspiation for A & M's sketches?

You know I think it could be! Totally forgot that bit!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    The Old School Vampires and Dennis Lincoln-Park are just as good as the Chav Pilots IMO
    I think the pilots ran out of material a while back. I agree about the vampires. I like the man who buys things, too; so vivid and twisted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the 'women' in the sex shop:D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just switched the telly on, in a panic, thinking I was missing M & A! Turns out it's not on this week!:p
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I just watched the 1st ep of S2 (?) last night on Dave. Loved the Star Trek sketch with the Pleasure Planet and the Blue Peter sketch :D
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I just watched the 1st ep of S2 (?) last night on Dave. Loved the Star Trek sketch with the Pleasure Planet and the Blue Peter sketch :D

isnt it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

R+The teachers supervising the exam.

Pilots excellent as well.

Origin of hairdressing.

"Ug, you have sharp stone?"

"O (no)".

"Wife?"

"O"

"Andre"

"....es darling?"