World Of Warcraft DS Players

Comments

• oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comatoes wrote: »
    u can get to lvl85 with wearing icc gear !!!

quests are very much grouped and last quest sends you to next group (the quest flow is good)

i am not a fast player but found within 3hrs i had near on completed a lvl ,

realms are full of lvl 85s already and a lot of realm 1sts have been done in professions as well

yep I noticed also not even the hardcore players are already lvl 85.I think Blizz are going to regret what seems a very half arsed idea.maybe lvl 90 was the way forward.

WOLK was getting really tired is there enough new content to keep people already at 85 around for a long time?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    yep I noticed also not even the hardcore players are already lvl 85.I think Blizz are going to regret what seems a very half arsed idea.maybe lvl 90 was the way forward.

WOLK was getting really tired is there enough new content to keep people already at 85 around for a long time?

3000 new quests, more than wotlk and tbc had combined is considered half arsed idea?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    yep lots of quests and also guild achviements to do

also i think there are more alt chars out there what people want to lvl up,so they will get the chance to now ( mmo-champion reported a leaked document that showed the next xpac wouldnt be with us till 2012 ) so there is lots of time to even go back and polish up all the stuff you missed in the last xpacs ( raids,rep,etc)

also not forgetting worgan and goblin chars people will start 1-85 is quite a trek if your are not looking into rushing the content ,

lots to do :D
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever Blizz do, a few saddos will play it non-stop till they hit top level then complain there's nothing to do.

Having said that, it sounds like their plans to make each level ding from 80-85 'a real achievement' have gone by the way side.
    Forum Member
    personally i think this xpac is all about guild/team work
    hence why there are so many things to do as a guild

for every 1 who is 85 there are 10 who are not

lvl 85s will go onto to raid and qq about lack of content or to easy blah blah , but they will still pay there subs just in case they miss out on something + most of them dont work/study so they havent anything else to do :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    im gutted STILL no CAta in the post they say its delayed by the 'weather'...
    its quite scary to see all my purple gear made to look like lvl 1 starting gear.

some of the greens I bought in AH this morning for a lvl 78. 281 +sta.191 +itel

spell power on a dagger 1038!!!!! lmao.
    Heck the beginning quest reward gear in Hyjal is better than a lot of the gear I had before (and some of the mail armor has more armor than what you used to find on good but not great plate armor).

I can definitely see how people made it from level 80 to level 85 first day. I read the reason they did 5 levels instead of 10 is they didn't want to hit 100 too soon. Of course the climb to 85 for a Worgen or a Goblin will still take awhile.

It's quite sweet being able to finally fly in the old world now though I'm not really sold on the whole archaeology profession.
    Forum Member
    1 of my guildies got realm 1st in maxing out archaeology

i think i read somewhere that it took just 6hrs to do 80-85 but it was voided as a in game glitch was used
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    comatoes wrote: »
    i think i read somewhere that it took just 6hrs to do 80-85 but it was voided as a in game glitch was used

possibly the guy that 'tags' mobs and lets his mates kill them.

(forscience aka athene)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Ello,

Bit of a noob questions about system spec requirements-

I have run a system checker thing for Cata and it came back as everthing ok, except for the video card. Will Cata run on my system? I am playing now with all the patches and its fine- but I don't want to fork out £30 if it wont run or worse knacker my system...

Also I am only on Burning Crusade can I upgrade from here rather than WotLK?

Thanks
    xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello!

You need to be WOTLK and Cataclysm to play both. I would imagine that if it's already working ok on your system, Cata won't break it, you might need to play on lower settings though...

My video card is long overdue for a replacement and I'm surviving!

One thing you can try is to sneak into Twilight Highlands from Wetlands - no expansion pack needed - and see how your frame rate manages. You might get a hefty repair bill though! (lvl 84-85 mobs)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Hello!

You need to be WOTLK and Cataclysm to play both. I would imagine that if it's already working ok on your system, Cata won't break it, you might need to play on lower settings though...

My video card is long overdue for a replacement and I'm surviving!

One thing you can try is to sneak into Twilight Highlands from Wetlands - no expansion pack needed - and see how your frame rate manages. You might get a hefty repair bill though! (lvl 84-85 mobs)

Copies of WotLK are available for reasonably cheap prices--Amazon has it for £10 (you'd think Blizzard would knock the price down officially on WotLK but they're still selling it for £29.99 whereas the original and BC are just £9.99 (of course all you really need is WotLK activated on your account--all the missing content can just get downloaded)).

Also I don't think the new areas really require anything system wise that the revamped old areas don't require. I haven't noticed anything different visually between the old areas and the new ones (other than the new ones are a lot more crowded than the old ones right now) so I'd imagine if things look OK in the old areas the new ones should be fine.
    Forum Member
    thanks chums.

I thought I read somewhere that you shouldn't download WotLK if you have downloaded all the 4.x Patches? Or do you just register the cd-key to upgrade your account?

Its all so confusing.

x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moosifer wrote: »
    thanks chums.

I thought I read somewhere that you shouldn't download WotLK if you have downloaded all the 4.x Patches? Or do you just register the cd-key to upgrade your account?

Its all so confusing.

x

You'd just enter the key on your account--in fact with Cataclysm all I did was enter it on my account and as soon as I logged in I was good to go--didn't have to stick the DVD in or anything. So much of it is handled between what you've entered on your account and the Blizzard downloader.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luke75b wrote: »
    Of course the climb to 85 for a Worgen or a Goblin will still take awhile.
    Except that you are ignoring the huge number of people who used the Race Change feature to turn their existing level 80s into one of the new races.

They are everywhere.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to play Quake with someone called Rorschach, he was pretty nifty at doing model skins too if I recall.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That wasn't me

I was Rorschach in Horizons, deliberately not City of Heroes, and then in Warcraft from day 1.

Then in year 5 I transferred servers and some bugger on the new server was already using my name so I added a letter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    I posted this in a thread I made before i saw this thread, hopefully someone can help me here. Just got Cataclysm but having difficulties :(.

I've had cataclysm in my disc drive, installing, since 3 o clock today, and five hours later its only on 29% (which it has been for about 20 minutes now. It took over half an hour to move from 28 to 29%) Do you know if you just insert the code into your battle net account, does that install it for you, or do you have to go this mind numbing wait of installing it? Because if so, we're looking at possible 24 hours for this, and I know my computer won't last that long without overheating and turning off, ultimately forcing me to start the long process again.

Does anyone know if inserting the code into Battlenet works? Cause if so, then - Thank f**king God!!

But anyway, another problem . Don't know if its related or not. I replayed yesterday (before trying to install cataclysm) as my Tauren Shaman and that was fine - got onto the game no problem, then today, I tried to install cataclysm, but that messed up (overheating problem mentioned above - yes it's a compaq :rolleyes:), and after that I tried to play the game before trying to install cataclysm again and its saying I need registry keys. Wtf? How did that happen? Does anyone know? And does anyone know how to fix this problem? I swear WOW just don't want me to play Cataclysm. Which I know I should be grateful for but still .

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Btw, I have a level 64 Tauren Shaman called Curlypubes if anyone wants to add me :o. Although if installation goes well I might not be using him for a while ;).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curlypubes wrote: »
    I posted this in a thread I made before i saw this thread, hopefully someone can help me here. Just got Cataclysm but having difficulties :(.

I would guess that it's trying to install a second version of WOW perhaps?

I'd just stick in the registration code into battle net, and log in as normal.

I've not got Cata yet (Xmas present) but I can still wander round some of the new zones like Twilight Highlands so I don't think much new data is needed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    I would guess that it's trying to install a second version of WOW perhaps?

I'd just stick in the registration code into battle net, and log in as normal.

I've not got Cata yet (Xmas present) but I can still wander round some of the new zones like Twilight Highlands so I don't think much new data is needed.

Thanks for that :). After 47 minutes it finally jumped from 29 to 30% - hurrah :rolleyes:. Think I'll just cancel that and hope I don't have to do it again.

With previous installations though, like BC and WOTLK, did you just enter in the code for them? Cause I installed WOTLK by disk and it took about 8 hours :(

Also, I was playing there the other day and the zones have changed and all, but I'm dying to create a Goblin :o. And I'd obviously have to have Cataclysm installed for that. Hopefully your advice works anyway :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curlypubes wrote: »
    Thanks for that :). After 47 minutes it finally jumped from 29 to 30% - hurrah :rolleyes:. Think I'll just cancel that and hope I don't have to do it again.

With previous installations though, like BC and WOTLK, did you just enter in the code for them? Cause I installed WOTLK by disk and it took about 8 hours :(

yup for BC and WOTLK I've only entered the keys, not the CDs. May still have had the wait, but to download stuff, which it does anyway as the CDs are out of date already probably.
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Except that you are ignoring the huge number of people who used the Race Change feature to turn their existing level 80s into one of the new races.

They are everywhere.
    Ooh I didn't know that you could do that

I've got a level 80 boomkin druid on Bloodhoof along with various other alts up to mid 60s

haven't played for about 6months due to pc problems but am desperate toget back into the fray and play.
    Forum Member
    I have been leveling a Gnome Mage for ages, (I only play a couple of hours a week)

Since they re-did all the talents and stuff it seems to be getting much easier. It seemed to take months to get through the 40's, but this evening I got from 54-56 in a couple of hours.

Is this how it goes in levelling or is it new since the changes?

Not that I am complaining mind... ;)

Hericax on Silvermoon, btw :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moosifer wrote: »
    I have been leveling a Gnome Mage for ages, (I only play a couple of hours a week)

Since they re-did all the talents and stuff it seems to be getting much easier. It seemed to take months to get through the 40's, but this evening I got from 54-56 in a couple of hours.

Is this how it goes in levelling or is it new since the changes?

Not that I am complaining mind... ;)

Hericax on Silvermoon, btw :)

Yeah I've been leveling an alt and noticed that I wizzed through the 50's. Which was a nice change as I havent spent too much time on him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    ToomaMcC wrote: »
    Yeah I've been leveling an alt and noticed that I wizzed through the 50's. Which was a nice change as I havent spent too much time on him.

lvling now is very quick i know someone who went from 1-85 in 2 days,
    just look at cata it only took someone 5 1/2 hrs to get from 80-85 tbh there isnt as much in cata as i had hoped compared to lich king, i got bored of cata within a week of release and im now looking for something else to play but i know i will probably end up back on wow lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tbh there isnt as much in cata as i had hoped compared to lich king, i got bored of cata within a week of release and im now looking for something else to play but i know i will probably end up back on wow lol

you've done all the 80-85 zones,dungeons and raids then?

Worked through the worgen and goblin starter zones?

let alone the new 1-60 content :)