just started watching alias again

just opened my complete boxset i got 2 years ago ive forgoten how good this show was realy enjoying:)

Comments

• MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    I was adding some old albums into itunes from a stored hard drive and discovered Season 1 and Season 2 soundtracks. Ive been listening to them again and I feel that an Alias revisit is now needed.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show was great but greatly lost its way when they wrote Jennifer's pregnancy into the story line. A show about a kick ass female operative who goes around kick all types of ass does not work when the operative is pregnanct and thus can't kick all those baddies asses. They should have delayed filming until afterwards. Oh well. :(
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first two seasons were fantastic, less so after that. I'd even go so far as to say that season 1 is among my top 10 seasons of any show ever.
  • paul_kentpaul_kent Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    they shouldent have killed sark
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    ...they didn't.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha. Sark was the only bad guy who managed to get away. They should have given him a spin-off show.

Alias was very good. Horribly overlooked I feel.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    I did love the final episode. Pity Jack had to die. However even after many years, Sloane's karmic end of being trapped forever is still quite delicious.
  • seosamhseosamh Posts: 3,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the one show with an inarguable "jump the shark" moment half way throught season 2 - after that the show was doomed. It's amazing it even lasted for as long as it did after that..
  • Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree. The first 2 series made for exceptional TV.

You can see why JJ is held in such high regard after creating such brilliance.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seosamh wrote: »
    It's the one show with an inarguable "jump the shark" moment half way throught season 2 - after that the show was doomed. It's amazing it even lasted for as long as it did after that..

Are you talking about 'Phase One'?

I wouldn't call that a 'jump the shark' moment, yes it changes the dynamics of the show but didn't get close to destroying it IMO. With Rambaldi and his prophesies nothing was really outside the possibilities of the show. Plus more Weiss (one of my fav characters) from that moment onwards is a bonus.

Love Alias, its one of those shows that I restart watching and run through the whole series from start to finish!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I loved Alias! I haven't re watched it in a very long time! Irina Derevko was just awesome

I can still remember my jaw hitting the floor at the season 2 finale and poor Melissa George's character who had to be evil in the end as she was standing in the way of Sydney and Vaughan's inevitable reunion

It was also the first thing I saw Bradley Cooper in
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    If anyone has seen this and Nikita (new one) which would you recommend to watch?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Alias or Nikita v2 ?
    If it has to be an either or I'd go for Nikita.

-> Nikita has remained a quality show from start to where we are now, both in terms of action and denseness of storyplot stuff (a lot happens in each ep... and I mean a LOT, can't recall a filler ep at all). And I'm confident the ptb keep this at the cracking level during the coming finale season and give us an ending that makes all the fans give a big :fkyeah: :D

As for Alias, though the early seasons were amazing, freaking amazing, but (as mentioned in a previous post) the show faltered in the middle. I'd still recommend you see the show, and I've got the complete DVD set just begging for another rewatch, but if it has to be an either-or then it has to be Nikita.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you understand what "Jump the shark" actually means.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I did love the final episode. Pity Jack had to die. However even after many years, Sloane's karmic end of being trapped forever is still quite delicious.

I'm just doing a re-watch now and theres a fantastic moment when Jack goes to see Sloane at the beginning of S3 at his Onifam office and he says if he finds out Sloane had anything to do with the missing years "I will bury you"

Could be a coinicidence, but felt like when Dawn was mentioned in Buffy 2 years before she appeared on screen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jump the shark?!? It was a genius stroke of writing to put the thing that everyone expected the season finale to be in the middle of the second season

Season 2 also finished with the most jaw dropping finale ever
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    If it has to be an either or I'd go for Nikita.

-> Nikita has remained a quality show from start to where we are now, both in terms of action and denseness of storyplot stuff (a lot happens in each ep... and I mean a LOT, can't recall a filler ep at all). And I'm confident the ptb keep this at the cracking level during the coming finale season and give us an ending that makes all the fans give a big :fkyeah: :D

As for Alias, though the early seasons were amazing, freaking amazing, but (as mentioned in a previous post) the show faltered in the middle. I'd still recommend you see the show, and I've got the complete DVD set just begging for another rewatch, but if it has to be an either-or then it has to be Nikita.
    Thanks. I probably will get around to watching both but was wondering what to watch in order.

Dexter 8 is next ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Thanks. I probably will get around to watching both but was wondering what to watch in order.
    Dexter 8 is next ;)
    fyi Nikita v2 acts perfectly as a sequel to the movie, whereas the Peta Wilson Nikita series used their pilot ep to reimagine the movie (making a significant change) - but you probably knew that already. :D
    I've also got D8 to finish, and methinks it'd better be dun a bit sharpish cos with the finale out and seen by millions I know there are spoilers galore about how it ends all over the darn internet just waiting to catch out the "notyetseenit" people. :mad:

btw: if you're DVDing the Alias series then please DON'T listen to the audio commentaries to an ep before completing each season. That's all I'm gonna say - but you probably knew that already. :D
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Loved Alias, but didn't actually see the end for some reason, maybe it moved to a different channel. Hopefully the boxset will come down in price at some point, so I can finish it off.
    I'm not sure you understand what "Jump the shark" actually means.

Many, many people get that one wrong.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first two seasons were fantastic, less so after that.

Stop watching after S2. There is no reason to persist after that.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Many, many people get that one wrong.
    It's not surprising. To all intents and purposes the original (and literal) jump the shark moment wasn't really a jump the shark moment.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Alias was amazing and it's worth watching the whole series