Will Jale ride sympathy and "underdog" status all the way to the final now?

VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think she may (especially when so many others are do disliked), and I hope she doesn't.

Comments

• SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the forum decided then yes..forum needs a victim ( every time )
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I rather hope she does. She's fair, level headed and not prone to histrionics. I like her and she handled that really well.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rather hope she does. She's fair, level headed and not prone to histrionics. I like her and she handled that really well.

I think she's completely uninteresting. Whether she's fair, etc, maybe we'll see.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Until people realise she's the Tracey to Pauline's Carole.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    I think she's completely uninteresting. Whether she's fair, etc, maybe we'll see.

Well I don't think she's been given much of an opportunity to show a 'fun' side. How would we know?
  • scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    As she doesn't have to worry about being nominated, I'm hoping she'll just do what she wants now, which includes eating as much as she wants :p
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is certainly today's underdog. Yesterday it was Chris. Tomorrow, who knows? I think it was becoming increasingly difficult for the forum to keep up the Chris underdog narrative after him only receiving one nomination.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, she,s normal and takes everything in her stride, I hope she gets the power :D she will have fun with it
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuck.

She probably will. This forum loves a VICTIM.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless, she causes some big drama I'd say yes. She could win it.
  • tigerlily96tigerlily96 Posts: 3,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't think she's been given much of an opportunity to show a 'fun' side. How would we know?

Well said
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope not as the pinning the badge on the victim housemate, is probably the worst aspect of the ds bb forum
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    I think she may (especially when so many others are do disliked), and I hope she doesn't.

Oh please god no.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scout2006 wrote: »
    As she doesn't have to worry about being nominated, I'm hoping she'll just do what she wants now, which includes eating as much as she wants :p

I was thinking along those lines.

I think it's actually quite a good posistion to be in, in that it's taken away the stress of worrying about nominations etc.
    I'd rather be in her position than Helens! At least she'll be earning and deserving her place in the House!
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Very early days, but what I do know is that she hasn't done anything to warrant the treatment she's been receiving from the other housemates (spearheaded by the increasingly loathsome Pauline).
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How far she goes depends on the edit, but if people need to save her by voting for the other nominees every week I don't see her lasting long. It really depends on how much the others up are hated rather than on whatever support she has. The possibility of her getting to the end is quite small.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Not sure she will ride it all the way to the final but I am almost certain that she will get a boost from it, and it will serve her well for a fair few evictions at the very least. I for one have no issue with that at all. Think she's been unfairly treated/ judged.

There is no way she goes this week- for me. No way.

it's a tough call but even despite all the Danielle dislike/ controversy on here I can see Tamara being the one to go.

I can't say I'll be all that upset although I'd have had others up for eviction before all 3 of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not interested in her "fun side", if she even has one.
    She is certainly today's underdog. Yesterday it was Chris. Tomorrow, who knows? I think it was becoming increasingly difficult for the forum to keep up the Chris underdog narrative after him only receiving one nomination.

Good point.
    Dixon wrote: »
    I was thinking along those lines.

I think it's actually quite a good posistion to be in, in that it's taken away the stress of worrying about nominations etc.
    I'd rather be in her position than Helens! At least she'll be earning and deserving her place in the House!

Not if she keeps her place because of sympathy and "underdog" status.
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon she'll stay in for a couple of evictions, but I seriously doubt she'll make it to the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    How far she goes depends on the edit, but if people need to save her by voting for the other nominees every week I don't see her lasting long. It really depends on how much the others up are hated rather than on whatever support she has. The possibility of her getting to the end is quite small.

It will depend a lot on who's nominated, and on whether she'll be the least popular of those up.

It's tricky to work out who's popular at the moment. Too many things have happened since the "Week 1: Favourite Housemate" appeared, and the betting odds about who'll win are about something too far in the future. Not that such things are all that reliable anyway.

And then that has to be combined with who's likely to be nominated.

One thing that worries me is that Jale might -- maybe not next week, but perhaps the one after -- be up only against HMs such as Chris and Ashleigh, with one of them going. Or against Ashleigh and Kimberly. Jale could out- underdog them and also stay against Ashleigh or Kim because people think they're dull and believe Jale's more likely to be "entertaining".

(Then there's the whole "look on their face" effect. People might think Jale surviving will produce better looks on the faces of disliked HMs.)

So even if she doesn't reach the final, she might cost us some HMs I'd much rather see stay than her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Nah.
    Jale doesn't need to form her personality through being in the BB house, she already has one. She would probably be the type to hate surviving a vote out of public sympathy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Nah.
    Jale doesn't need to form her personality through being in the BB house, she already has one. She would probably be the type to hate surviving a vote out of public sympathy.

Has anyone ever formed their personality through being in the BB house? I'm not even sure how to make sense of the idea.

Besides, what "personality" does Jale have? She's been pretty dull so far.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    I would hate someone to make the final just because BB decided to make someone be up for eviction every week just as much as I hate the fact that BB decided to put someone through to the final.
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone ever formed their personality through being in the BB house? I'm not even sure how to make sense of the idea.

Besides, what "personality" does Jale have? She's been pretty dull so far.

Jeez give the girl a chance. She's only been there a couple of days during which she seems to be the whipping boy for those who think they own the flippin house. For all we know, given a chance to show it, she might have an absolutely brilliant personality and be the star of the show. Some of us are far too quick to jump to judgements far too early!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    It will depend a lot on who's nominated, and on whether she'll be the least popular of those up.

It's tricky to work out who's popular at the moment. Too many things have happened since the "Week 1: Favourite Housemate" appeared, and the betting odds about who'll win are about something too far in the future. Not that such things are all that reliable anyway.

And then that has to be combined with who's likely to be nominated.

One thing that worries me is that Jale might -- maybe not next week, but perhaps the one after -- be up only against HMs such as Chris and Ashleigh, with one of them going. Or against Ashleigh and Kimberly. Jale could out- underdog them and also stay against Ashleigh or Kim because people think they're dull and believe Jale's more likely to be "entertaining".

(Then there's the whole "look on their face" effect. People might think Jale surviving will produce better looks on the faces of disliked HMs.)

So even if she doesn't reach the final, she might cost us some HMs I'd much rather see stay than her.

Isn't this just what BB is all about :confused: One person's favourite may lose out to another's favourite. I appreciate there is the added entity of sympathy for Jale and the urge to wind Pauline up etc but all of the housemates you mention seem to fit into that category also so it would be a fair fight so to speak.

Also Jale has the added pressure of knowing she was nominated by the majority in the house and Pauline and WILL be up every week. There is every chance she may crack under this pressure and show something that makes people want to vote her out. Or if she is saved and to cheers there is the 'I'm untouchable' Freddie route she could take which is equally fatal.

I guess what I'm saying is if you don't like Jale and are afraid for the likes of Kim and Ashleigh there is probably no need as the situation looks much more worrying for Jale than them or at least equally worrying.